Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 17, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #10,006 of 11,665
Interesting parcel came in today. My Sony Kimber Kable after market balanced 4.4mm plug cable for the Sony Z1R arrived. I thought: heck! Let’s try it with the Final B3. Listening to music off the Sony ZX 507 right. Very nice indeed. One of the things that has surprised me during my recent falling in love with Final iems again: A8000, B1 and now B3 is this: I can’t say that the B3 as bright as some reviews have been suggesting. I have been listening to them on SE 3.5 stock cables all this time off the SP2000Cu.

Anyway, I must say that I am loving the B3: very rich Sonics for BA, albeit double BAs. :)

Agreed.

Sep 17, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #10,007 of 11,665
Interesting parcel came in today. My Sony Kimber Kable after market balanced 4.4mm plug cable for the Sony Z1R arrived. I thought: heck! Let’s try it with the Final B3. Listening to music off the Sony ZX 507 right. Very nice indeed. One of the things that has surprised me during my recent falling in love with Final iems again: A8000, B1 and now B3 is this: I can’t say that the B3 as bright as some reviews have been suggesting. I have been listening to them on SE 3.5 stock cables all this time off the SP2000Cu.

Anyway, I must say that I am loving the B3: very rich Sonics for BA, albeit double BAs. :)

Maybe A8000’s highs has pierce though your ear 😏

Sep 17, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #10,008 of 11,665
Maybe A8000’s highs has pierce though your ear 😏

Heheh! Actually, once it is fully burned in and gets fed sufficient power, the A8000 is very smooth. Great treble extension but nothing harsh. But then again, my journey with Final Audio started with FIBASS :)

Sep 17, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #10,009 of 11,665
Heheh! Actually, once it is fully burned in and gets fed sufficient power, the A8000 is very smooth. Great treble extension but nothing harsh. But then again, my journey with Final Audio started with FIBASS :)

Same here, the FI-BA-SS was both my first final product and my first BA design. Great IEM!

Sep 18, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #10,011 of 11,665
Sep 19, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #10,013 of 11,665
Hi all, just bought the B3. Absolutely love it! Everything about it is perfect...except now I need a balanced cable for it. Since the Final C106 2.5mm cable is sold out almost everywhere in Europe, could you recommend a good balanced cable with similar style and function? I love Final cable that goes with the B3, wish it was balanced!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #10,014 of 11,665
Hi all, just bought the B3. Absolutely love it! Everything about it is perfect...except now I need a balanced cable for it. Since the Final C106 2.5mm cable is sold out almost everywhere in Europe, could you recommend a good balanced cable with similar style and function? I love Final cable that goes with the B3, wish it was balanced!

I am actually using the Sony Kimber Kable balanced cable with the B3 right now. I am happy with it. Though I should warn that the cable is pretty thick. https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/headphone-extension-cables/muc-m12sb1

Sep 22, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #10,016 of 11,665
Got my hands on the B2's, and while I enjoy the sound, I'm having a hard time with the comfort. I'm definitely finding the angles jabbing into the cartilage of my left ear...really wish I can keep these...

Sep 22, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #10,017 of 11,665
Got my hands on the B2's, and while I enjoy the sound, I'm having a hard time with the comfort. I'm definitely finding the angles jabbing into the cartilage of my left ear...really wish I can keep these...
Heheh! Yes, the shape is interesting. Strangely it fits me beautifully. The A8000 and the B series.

Anyone who owns B2 and has tried them with other cables? I’m just wondering if it is worth a try.

Sep 22, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #10,018 of 11,665

Have you tried different tips, maybe some that seal without deep insertion?

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #10,020 of 11,665
Does anyone here use the Final E5000 with Shanling M0? How does it sound?

Also, are these headphones fine with the Hiby R3 Pro too?

The E5000 needs a lot of juice in low-imp mode. Most portable DAPs don't do that. M0 will be very inadequate, same applies for the R3 Pro (though via balanced out you'll be less disappointed).

After nearly 2 years of going through various sources across various price points, the cheapest DAP that's fully complemented the sound of the E5000 was Cowon Plenue D2 via the 2.5mm out. Currently I'm using the Plenue R2 and it's the best pairing with the E5000 I've heard till date. Will post a detailed impression later. Other DAPs that had great pairing: Questyle QP1R (medium gain) had great dynamics but the bass would become too much at times. Cayin N6ii + E01 was the most lush pairing that didn't sacrifice details and still had fantastic bass control but it's TOTL level and a bit of overkill for an otherwise midrange IEM.

How is the adagio series?

It's fun, V-shaped tuning. The Adagio II was too much bass for me, Adagio III fared better but I personally prefer the E3000 at that price range over both of them (or the Heaven II if you want more textured vocals).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back