Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 31, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #8,371 of 11,644
Heaven V and E5000? I"m thinking there will be a similar comparison, as the Heaven series because of the BA will probably stand out in terms of tight bass, detail and transparency.
You are taking a big shortcut with that assumption.... You might be right at the end, though.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #8,374 of 11,644
Meant the higher end of the Heaven series, maybe starting at the Heaven V on up. Just a guess
That is a much more precise statement, which can be true at the end.

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #8,375 of 11,644
20190201_164630.jpg IMG_20190201_164610.jpg D6000 prototype will be appeared on Saturday's portafes, looking forward to hear more about it

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #8,376 of 11,644
TTT123, Thanks for the excellent easy understandable comparison between the Heaven VIII and the E5000. Any chance you could do a quick subjective listen to the Heaven V and E5000? I"m thinking there will be a similar comparison, as the Heaven series because of the BA will probably stand out in terms of tight bass, detail and transparency.
Sorry, I do not have the Heaven 5. I was interested in the H7, but did not plan to get anything lower. I already did manage to get more Final products than I should have. My Final journey started with an F7200 which I got cheap. Tried it, compared with an AKR02, which got me to trade in the F7200, after owning it for about 2 weeks. Since then, I've accumulated quite a few Final products.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #8,377 of 11,644
Received the E1000 today. Right from my smartphone, they sound really good. Fuller and wider than my Sony MDR-EX450, which cost 2x more and also are great for the price. The Sonys are brighter, sound thinner, but are not completly beaten by the E1000. Built quality is better on the E1000.

The cable and tips selection are really amazing for less than USD 30.-.

I cannot think of an IEM from that category which is so nicely built and sounds so good.

I don't know how the E2000/E3000 sound and how they compare to the E1000.

From now on, I will use the E1000 with my smartphone to commute, putting the Sonys to rest.

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #8,379 of 11,644
So happy for your approval, not sure what "can be true at the end means", perhaps "the end of the day?":ksc75smile:
True that the BA of the Heaven V might be better sounding than the DD of the E5000. At the end of day, it is also a matter of taste:beerchug:

Feb 1, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #8,380 of 11,644
I have a set of the E5000 and absolutely love the sound and fit--but do not like how hard they are to drive. I would appreciate some advice and recommendations on my next Final Audio purchase--
I was looking at the FI-BA-SS--hoping to find a used set for $ 500 or so.
I realize it is all subjective--but are there other models I should consider also? I would like a model that is a bit larger than the 5000 and easier to drive. I cannot use universal iems because my ear canals are goofy---but the Final fit is great---I actually like it better than mu custom iem's.
I do not spending the money on a comfortable high end model----but also realize that cost does not necessarily mean better quality---
Also would like a model with removable cord--mmcx. But that is not a deal breaker.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #8,381 of 11,644
I have a set of the E5000 and absolutely love the sound and fit--but do not like how hard they are to drive. I would appreciate some advice and recommendations on my next Final Audio purchase--
I realize it is all subjective--but are there other models I should consider also? I would like a model that is a bit larger than the 5000 and easier to drive. I cannot use universal iems because my ear canals are goofy---but the Final fit is great---I actually like it better than mu custom iem's.
I do not spending the money on a comfortable high end model----but also realize that cost does not necessarily mean better quality---
Also would like a model with removable cord--mmcx. But that is not a deal breaker.

I too have weird ear canals and have a hard time finding a good fit. I pretty much only use final S tips and foam tips. I would go with a E3000. It has similar sound to a E5000 but is easier to drive.

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #8,383 of 11,644

What are you using that can't drive the E5000? I've used it with my iPhone dongle and can go past live concert levels, even with the good recordings mastered without loudness inserted. Volume at 80%, sure, but no clipping or distortion at all.

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #8,384 of 11,644
Is the D6000 an earclip-type on-ear (like the good old AT EW9)?

Any ideas on price?

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #8,385 of 11,644
What are you using that can't drive the E5000? I've used it with my iPhone dongle and can go past live concert levels, even with the good recordings mastered without loudness inserted. Volume at 80%, sure, but no clipping or distortion at all.

My players--

Cowon Plenue 2, Astell and Kern 120 II and Hiby R6--I have to crank up to 90% to really get the E5000 to perform. My other IEM 40-50% volume usually does it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back