Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 2, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #8,402 of 11,644
Woot! So you got an E1000. Ya, I won't say that it is like a super amazing IEM, but for the price, it is AMAZING. I think it is very well tuned and sound very balanced to my ear and quite close to E2000.
Yes, an entry level IEM, but balanced sounding you are right, with a hint of welcomed warmth to my taste. The built is really outstanding also.

Feb 2, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #8,403 of 11,644
They produce the least earphone like sound that I've heard and the tonal balance is, well inferesting :wink:

Yes... I tend to use the Piano Forte X with very limited types of music, mostly guitar. Also, older lo-fi stuff like the Sandpipers, Ray Conniff, etc. I read through most of this thread before purchasing the PFX so pretty much knew what I was getting into. I quickly learned, at least for me, they're kind of like having a set of golf clubs and learning which one is best to use at a given time.

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #8,404 of 11,644
Photo of D6000. Prototype though.

https://www.fujiya-avic.jp/blog/?p=44572

DSC09277_R-540x360.jpg

DSC09273_R-540x360.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #8,405 of 11,644
@zilkhaw Great thanks :) I hope they are not as heavy as they look and ergonomics is better than the iSines, LCD i4...

Feb 3, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #8,406 of 11,644
I tried for like 10 types and can't really remember all of them. But I feel that most of them even the Sennheisers sound very lack of layering to me. But what left me with the best impression is Sony WF-SP900. I am not sure if it is already available out of Japan, but the way it sounds stands out so much compared to others. The clarity and layering that it offers amazed me as a true wireless earphone.
Woot~? Really? And SP900 is not only truly wireless, but also a swimmable one!
I'm so looking forward for that one to come down in price~

Back on topic, just got my Adagio V, I'm loving it, it give me my fix of Final's euphonic tune after my DIY Heaven II went kaput.

Feb 3, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #8,407 of 11,644
Woot~? Really? And SP900 is not only truly wireless, but also a swimmable one!
I'm so looking forward for that one to come down in price~

Back on topic, just got my Adagio V, I'm loving it, it give me my fix of Final's euphonic tune after my DIY Heaven II went kaput.

Don't trust me too much about the Sony SP900 though. It might simply because that day all those true wireless did not meet my expectation, so relatively the Sony which offered something different wowed me.
I read some reviews by Japanese, they are claiming that the bass is too weak. But I did not really feel that. But sometimes intensity expected by different users are different especially with some true wireless now such as JVC HA-XC70BT which has super powerful bass but lack for performance in mid and high in the market. Some users judge a headphone or earphone simply by bass (a lot of people around me) which is kind of sad.

How is the Adagio V? Mind to describe more? I have never tried the Adagio series, would like to know more about them especially Adagio V because final has stopped its production so it is kind of rare in Japan market now.

Feb 3, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #8,410 of 11,644
D8000 on the way. I thought about waiting for whatever will be the new top end model (D9000?) that will usurp the D8000’s standing, but I also love the aesthetic of the D8000, so I pulled the trigger. I imagine there will be a cosmetic upgrade on a new TOTL along the lines of the Sonorous X.

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #8,411 of 11,644
I've been listening to the E5000's for a few days and surprisingly they don't sound as smooth as advertised in the reviews at all. Mids are shouty and fatiguing and treble can sometimes get quite peaky. Bass sounds great though. Is this something that changes with burn-in or is this just how they sound? Or did I get a dud?

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #8,412 of 11,644
I've been listening to the E5000's for a few days and surprisingly they don't sound as smooth as advertised in the reviews at all. Mids are shouty and fatiguing and treble can sometimes get quite peaky. Bass sounds great though. Is this something that changes with burn-in or is this just how they sound? Or did I get a dud?

You need to burn them in---from the official Final Audio website--

Aging
Aging refers to the phenomenon whereby sound changes with sustained use over a set period of time. With the driver unit, the extremely thin film that is heated and shaped vibrates to create sound. The reason for this is not clear, but the stress from the adhesive and the stress applied when shaping the film settles down as it is used, and it is thought that perhaps micro-signals move more freely.

With this product, because of the small apertures, an extended length of time is necessary for changes according to aging become hard to identify. Generally, 150 ~ 200 hours of regular use increases delicacy and sound quality follows the intent of the original design.

* Since the reason for sound quality improving through aging has not been clearly established, nothing could be clearly stated about aging until now. We have been checking this phenomenon, and have decided to express our opinions so as to collect as many questions regarding aging from customers as possible.-----------------------

I LOVE the E5000--after burn in it sounds great---
You really do need to burn them in--it is not just a myth--the parts need to "warm up" break in...whatever you want to call it.

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #8,413 of 11,644
Feb 5, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #8,414 of 11,644
I LOVE the E5000--after burn in it sounds great---
You really do need to burn them in--it is not just a myth--the parts need to "warm up" break in...whatever you want to call it.

Did your impressions of the mids and treble match mine prior to burn-in?

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #8,415 of 11,644

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back