Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #8,432 of 11,642
Feb 8, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #8,433 of 11,642
Ohhh, great review, sad that I cant read Polish and google translate may not sound so accurate.

I love my pf x so much that I always wish Final could make a portable version, so that I could bring it out for my portable daily use...

Initially I've planned to translate all my reviews to english and publish them on headfi but after doing KSE1200 and Massdrop Plus it turned out it's a lot of work especially that my english isn't all that great :wink:

Ok back to Piano Forte they are really something else. Sure they are not easy to like and versatile with every music genre but when you hit the right album, my god they do shine like nothing else on the planet with the spacious borderless stage and that wonderfully true to life timbre in midrange.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #8,434 of 11,642
Initially I've planned to translate all my reviews to english and publish them on headfi but after doing KSE1200 and Massdrop Plus it turned out it's a lot of work especially that my english isn't all that great :wink:

Ok back to Piano Forte they are really something else. Sure they are not easy to like and versatile with every music genre but when you hit the right album, my god they do shine like nothing else on the planet with the spacious borderless stage and that wonderfully true to life timbre in midrange.

Yea, proper translation do need a lot of work and time. Promoting Final pf x to Poland itself is good already.

PF x on the right music let you forget equipment and the PF x disappears, it's only music and emotion.

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #8,435 of 11,642
PF x on the right music let you forget equipment and the PF x disappears, it's only music and emotion.

Cant agree more than that. The memories left in my brain about PF series experience is almost unforgettable. I strongly believe that audiophiles should at least try them once in their life but not necessarily have to buy them (of course you can if you really want to do the investment) since they are really not an all-rounder earphone but with right tracks, OMG~~~

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #8,436 of 11,642

Well said!

Cant agree more than that. The memories left in my brain about PF series experience is almost unforgettable. I strongly believe that audiophiles should at least try them once in their life but not necessarily have to buy them (of course you can if you really want to do the investment) since they are really not an all-rounder earphone but with right tracks, OMG~~~

I own many headphones and on one hand I wouldn't trade any of them for piano forte but at the same time none of them are even comparable. It's just another piece in the collection I didn't know i was missing. Very unique experience.

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #8,437 of 11,642
The memories left in my brain about PF series experience is almost unforgettable. I strongly believe that audiophiles should at least try them once in their life but not necessarily have to buy them (of course you can if you really want to do the investment) since they are really not an all-rounder earphone but with right tracks, OMG~~~

The first time I tried the pf x was with the right track, but I just listened for one or two minutes and I out it back. I was so amazed for the sound and I didn't dare to listen for long, as I didn't want to get addicted to the sound (which I may already have), I couldn't pay for that at that time.

I own many headphones and on one hand I wouldn't trade any of them for piano forte but at the same time none of them are even comparable. It's just another piece in the collection I didn't know i was missing. Very unique experience.

I won't trade pf x for any headphone, I would only buy more XD

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #8,438 of 11,642
I too have weird ear canals and have a hard time finding a good fit. I pretty much only use final S tips and foam tips. I would go with a E3000. It has similar sound to a E5000 but is easier to drive.

I apparently have odd shaped ear canals and have trouble finding a perfect fit with IEM's. I picked up a pair of E3000's this week out of curiosity (they were so reasonably priced, I couldn't resist), and what I found is that they are BY FAR the most comfortable IEM's I've ever used.

Can anyone offer opinions about comfort, feel and fit of the E5000 in comparison to the E3000?

The sound of the E3000 is terrific at their price point, great for workouts and general use, but for serious listening I would like increased detail, more punch, and a bit more sub bass. I'm wondering if the E5000 will get me improved sound without losing anything by way of comfort and fit. Part of what makes the E3000's so comfortable is that they are tiny and lightweight and essentially disappear in the ears. I see that the E5000's are slightly longer and heavier, but are they still as comfortable as the E3000's? For that matter, are there other Final products that might give me the fit I love in the E3000's with a more refined sound signature?

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #8,439 of 11,642
I apparently have odd shaped ear canals and have trouble finding a perfect fit with IEM's. I picked up a pair of E3000's this week out of curiosity (they were so reasonably priced, I couldn't resist), and what I found is that they are BY FAR the most comfortable IEM's I've ever used.

Can anyone offer opinions about comfort, feel and fit of the E5000 in comparison to the E3000?

The sound of the E3000 is terrific at their price point, great for workouts and general use, but for serious listening I would like increased detail, more punch, and a bit more sub bass. I'm wondering if the E5000 will get me improved sound without losing anything by way of comfort and fit. Part of what makes the E3000's so comfortable is that they are tiny and lightweight and essentially disappear in the ears. I see that the E5000's are slightly longer and heavier, but are they still as comfortable as the E3000's? For that matter, are there other Final products that might give me the fit I love in the E3000's with a more refined sound signature?

Here's my take on the E5000...

they are BY FAR the most comfortable IEM's I've ever used.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #8,440 of 11,642

E5000 should be the sound you look for, but IMO it's a bit less comfort than E3000, needs to wear over ear to reduce the cable microphonic and is more power hungry.

Final's Type-E eartip is very comfort to use. I prefer to insert E3000 deeper into the ear canal, but not for E5000, so I'd like to use a little larger(ML) eartip on E5000. If wearing over ear is not a problem for you, then you should find E5000 comfort to use with.

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #8,441 of 11,642
I actually just picked up the E5000 as my first intro to final audio and I am loving them so far. My previous favorite was the CA atlas, and these are definitely pushing a bit towards their signature (not commenting on technical ability, since its hard for me to tell). But from first listen, I absolutely love them. Part of the reason why I got them was in part because the atlas are rather large and after longer listening sessions can get uncomfortable for me. I actually have trouble with any of the bigger or even more "ergonomically" shaped IEMs, so the small barrel type seemed perfect, and so far they have been super super comfortable owing to their small size. And its rather amazing how big the sound is coming out of them. They may not be the most technically accomplished IEM out there, but damn, if I wasnt into this hobby, I could see myself calling these "end-game" in the sense that I would be totally satisfied with them as my only pair especially at the price, though lets not start that conversation (especially because I am not tyring to claim they are the best out there... maybe just best for me).

E5000 should be the sound you look for, but IMO it's a bit less comfort than E3000, needs to wear over ear to reduce the cable microphonic and is more power hungry.

Final's Type-E eartip is very comfort to use. I prefer to insert E3000 deeper into the ear canal, but not for E5000, so I'd like to use a little larger(ML) eartip on E5000. If wearing over ear is not a problem for you, then you should find E5000 comfort to use with.

I agree. As nice as the cable is that comes with the E5000, its rather stiff and super microphonic. Its a bit of a shame because I normally prefer wearing my IEMs down if I can, but I had to put on the ear hooks and wear them over ear. Though they are still super comfortable.

They are definitely harder to drive than some others, but I am still able to get them to a good volume on my phone at like 50-60%, which seems more than adequate enough to power them just fine without issue. I have a OP5T, which I dont think is the best out there for audio, but I have to wonder a bit if some of the people saying phones just cant run these just listen at higher volumes than I do.

Either way, I am super happy with my first venture into final audio's lineup, the E5000 really is a great match for my preferences and definitely ticks most of the boxes I look for in an IEM.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #8,442 of 11,642
I actually just picked up the E5000 as my first intro to final audio and I am loving them so far. My previous favorite was the CA atlas, and these are definitely pushing a bit towards their signature (not commenting on technical ability, since its hard for me to tell). But from first listen, I absolutely love them. Part of the reason why I got them was in part because the atlas are rather large and after longer listening sessions can get uncomfortable for me. I actually have trouble with any of the bigger or even more "ergonomically" shaped IEMs, so the small barrel type seemed perfect, and so far they have been super super comfortable owing to their small size. And its rather amazing how big the sound is coming out of them. They may not be the most technically accomplished IEM out there, but damn, if I wasnt into this hobby, I could see myself calling these "end-game" in the sense that I would be totally satisfied with them as my only pair especially at the price, though lets not start that conversation (especially because I am not tyring to claim they are the best out there... maybe just best for me).

Thank you, Mashuto, this is really helpful to me, as I own the Atlas and think they sound superb, but, like you, I find that because of their weight they become uncomfortable during long listening sessions.

What I really want is the comfort of the E3000 combined with the sound quality of the Atlas. It seems like the E5000 offers something along those lines, or at least comes close. Can you offer any more observations comparing the sound signature of the E5000 with the Atlas?

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #8,443 of 11,642
Thank you, Mashuto, this is really helpful to me, as I own the Atlas and think they sound superb, but, like you, I find that because of their weight they become uncomfortable during long listening sessions.

What I really want is the comfort of the E3000 combined with the sound quality of the Atlas. It seems like the E5000 offers something along those lines, or at least comes close. Can you offer any more observations comparing the sound signature of the E5000 with the Atlas?

I havent actually done any a/b-ing yet between the two, in part because of the different sensitivities which would make it difficult to match volumes. But, I would say the atlas definitely presents as more of a v-shape, where the e5000 feels like more of a downward slope. Treble on the atlas is a bit more forward, more sparkly, and feels like it has the edge in clarity, but I dont really find any details missing on the e5000. Mids on the atlas are maybe slightly more recessed than the e5000. Bass I am actually finding fairly similar between the two, both reach deep, hit hard enough, and really give the whole sound a big rich full character. So the atlas I think definitely presents as a more exciting sound, and I would imagine (and hope for the price) that it does a better job with technical things like speed and detail retreival. The e5000 presents as a more relaxed sound that I imagine is probably going to be easier to listen to for long sessions. And while it might not be as technically capable, I dont find it lacking, and dont feel like I am missing out on any details while listening to it. Its again not the same sound as the atlas, but its close enough in the ways that matter to me, specifically that it has that big full sound, with strong bass that reaches deep and manages to do it without overpowering the mids or highs.

And as for the comfort, I cant say compared to the e3000 since I dont own it or have ever used it and I dont know how much lighter it is, but from what I have seen, they are similar in size, and I think that is what is important to me. With the atlas it wasnt so much the weight itself that caused an issue, its that it was fairly large, so it would rest on certain parts of my ear. I am sensitive to that, so the slight pressure on wherever it was resting was enough for me to cause discomfort after a while. I cant comment too much on wearing the e5000 down like I do the atlas because the cable was microphonic enough that it was very annoying. But, if you are concerned about weight, I would bet the earhooks would help there. I havent done a listening session nearly as long as I use the atlas for (well, on and off), but I am betting they are going to be significantly more comfortable over the course of a full day.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #8,444 of 11,642

I too have small ears and have absolutely no issue wearing the e5000 for extended periods. That said, curious if you've ever tried the Grado GR10. They are probably the most comfortable iem that I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back