Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #6,167 of 11,664
Kaits, I notice that you have both the fibass and the AKR02. I have the Fibass but always wanted to know if there is a difference between the two in terms of sound. My understanding is that the only difference between the two is a detachable cable for the AKR02. Also can either iems be terminated in balance for the AK players?

The AKR02 is darker in its sonic sig. At that time, before the 380Cu came out, AKs like the AK240 tended to be a bit thinner and neutral and hence it may be that the darker intonation makes the AKR02 more palatable for most listeners with the leaner sounding AK DAPs.

As for balanced termination, I understand that Final Audio is able to do so upon request. So, that may be something to think about. :)

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #6,168 of 11,664
Replies noted and thanks. @Kiats, can you alter the sound of the AKR02 by recable it with a brighter silver cable and will it becomes similar to the Fibass?

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #6,169 of 11,664
Replies noted and thanks. @Kiats, can you alter the sound of the AKR02 by recable it with a brighter silver cable and will it becomes similar to the Fibass?

Ah... I will assume there will be some impact on the sonic sig. However, I must say I don't know any third party cable provider who actually does that at this stage. Another unknown of course how much of the end result came about due to tuning of the driver.

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #6,170 of 11,664
The AKR02 is darker in its sonic sig. At that time, before the 380Cu came out, AKs like the AK240 tended to be a bit thinner and neutral and hence it may be that the darker intonation makes the AKR02 more palatable for most listeners with the leaner sounding AK DAPs.

As for balanced termination, I understand that Final Audio is able to do so upon request. So, that may be something to think about. :)

That's what I saw on reviews ☺

My Fibass is too bright for neutral sources such as AK240 and doesn't really pair well with my X3II and DX80 neither, this is why I need a warmer source right now

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #6,174 of 11,664
ive only tried Adagio 2 and Heaven 2 so far, loved the Adagio 2, but Heaven 2 is abit different and im still coping with it.. loved the details but missing the bass.

still cannot get the higher end stuff.. those are too pricey for me :)

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #6,178 of 11,664
I swear I have seen some Vid on Final Facebook page about the 3D printing process of this new LAB or PF but I was unable to find it now, maybe they have removed it.

Yeah, I've seen that too.
There were two articles on Facebook, but disappeared.
One video and one photo.
Probably it said Lab2 on the article but I'm not sure.

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #6,179 of 11,664
Looking at the design, it may be difficult to keep clean (as the PF series tend to be worn without tips).

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #6,180 of 11,664
ive only tried Adagio 2 and Heaven 2 so far, loved the Adagio 2, but Heaven 2 is abit different and im still coping with it.. loved the details but missing the bass.

still cannot get the higher end stuff.. those are too pricey for me :)
you cant compare dynamic and BA drivers. Dynamic has more bass naturally

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back