Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 20, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #6,136 of 11,644
you should.

true. i even have the dita truth to compare it with, but still, the fibass has this RAW soundness that is so quite unique.

very true.
that raw sound is unmatched of. Period.

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #6,138 of 11,644
the feebas is a true keeper, so you, the pooh is so lucky to have it. :)
congrats on your new toy.
another keeper is the heaven VI outstanding vocals. Vii and viii are too sweet like the Lab 1
Feebas is a pokemon btw :p

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #6,139 of 11,644
another keeper is the heaven VI outstanding vocals. Vii and viii are too sweet like the Lab 1
Feebas is a pokemon btw :p

Heheh! I have the Heaven 6 and the Lab1. First thing Claire at Jaben passed them to me to demo, after a few minutes, I looked at her and said: vocal centric IEM. :)

As for Lab1, well, I wouldn't quite call it sweet. It's more a 3D soundstage that you get and everything is more pithy. Hence I call it the Dark Twin to the Fibass. Both special. :heart_eyes:

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #6,140 of 11,644
Feebas is a pokemon btw
tongue.gif

yeah. i sold mine due to the wire issue.
i do not know yet that ill met a good master recabler. so when i got the 7s i recabled them and the fibass for durability.
awww. sorry my bad, its  FIBASS. yeah, i love FEEBAS too in pokemon. 

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #6,141 of 11,644
yeah. i sold mine due to the wire issue.
i do not know yet that ill met a good master recabler. so when i got the 7s i recabled them and the fibass for durability.
awww. sorry my bad, its  FIBASS. yeah, i love FEEBAS too in pokemon. 

Actually I had a Friend who had issues with the cable on his Lab1 and Final Audio rewired it for him. :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #6,142 of 11,644
Not sure if any here are loving their H8s but I chose the H8s over the H7s as I felt it had a more analogue and rich mid range (probably the BAM tech inside) than the H7 that appeals to my kind of music and tastes. In fact it sounds like an iem version of the LCD3s that I own and the H7s reminds me of more of the LCD X signature which is more tuned towards clarity across the range. I just wish they had a second Colour to the H8s than gold! Still loving the unique Final tuning though , so sweeet the mid range. Common thing of the H7 and H8 is they both scale really well properly amped!

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #6,144 of 11,644
FAD must start thinking about the implementation of detachable cables. People are spending so much and risk to lose everything if the cable get stuck in something. Accidents happen very often
AKR02 :p thats a detachable fibass

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #6,150 of 11,644
Long time not touching my Heaven V and it's got a slight channel imbalance, so I was suspecting the filter, which lead me to filter modding the thing. I dissasemble the Ostry tips to take the filter out

The left is the outer most plastic of the tips. Inside is the Steel mesh and the filter itself. There are 3 types of Ostry tips (OS100, OS200, OS300). From what I can see the filter themselves is thicker with increasing code number, with the exception of the OS100 which have no filter at all (next to the steel mesh). On the outer right most is the original filter of Final, which gets pretty dirty after half a year of useage (the other half I spent with my Sonorous :) )

The inside of the IEM with no filters:

With filters: (The filters fit inside perfectly and doesn't come off easily which is very nice :), note that the filter is a steel ring with the actual filter fitted behind it):

Finally (no pun intended) I add the steel mesh to protect the inside from dust and stuff (bend the outer a little then push it in should works):

The sounds seems clearer than the stock filters and it fixes the channel imbalance. If you want more bass, go with the OS300, a little bit less bass and more detail would be the OS200, I don't like the OS100 as it made the sounds peaky in the treble range and flabby bass, which to my guess is because of the small vent and maybe it doens't work well with BAM mechanisms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back