Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 21, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #6,151 of 11,644
so i think we should sum up the sound of the heavens signatures in this kind of form

#1. Heaven II - (Super quick and nimble bass, excellent midrange, soundstage good. overall smooth sound but treble not well extended)

#2. Heaven IV - (Bass extends deeper than H2 but not as quick, More airy treble)

#3. Heaven V/Aging - (?) 

#4. Heaven VI - (Outstanding vocals, great instrument separation, vocal centric)

#5. Heaven VII - (?)

#6. Heaven VIII - (Rich mid range and "analogue" sound)

#7. FI-BA-SS - (Unmatched raw emotional sound)

#8. LAB I - (3D soundstage, darker than fibass)

i will update with more info

Apr 21, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #6,152 of 11,644
i know people keep recommending the the VI but i dont really need the focus on vocal because i listen to metal its more about the instruments

i want the speed, air, more detail, better instrument separation, little bit more treble quality and quantity bass is almost perfect for me on the H2 so i dont need more. \m/

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #6,153 of 11,644
so i think we should sum up the sound of the heavens signatures in this kind of form

#1. Heaven II - (Super quick and nimble bass, excellent midrange, soundstage good. overall smooth sound but treble not well extended)

#2. Heaven IV - (Bass extends deeper than H2 but not as quick, More airy treble)

#3. Heaven V/Aging - ( Warm and organic sounding)

#4. Heaven VI - (Outstanding vocals, great instrument separation, vocal centric)

#5. Heaven VII - (?) ( Sweet and smooth treble)

#6. Heaven VIII - (Rich mid range and "analogue" sound)

#7. FI-BA-SS - (Unmatched raw emotional sound)

#8. LAB I - (3D soundstage, darker than fibass)

i will update with more info

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #6,154 of 11,644
  i know people keep recommending the the VI but i dont really need the focus on vocal because i listen to metal its more about the instruments

i want the speed, air, more detail, better instrument separation, little bit more treble quality and quantity bass is almost perfect for me on the H2 so i dont need more. \m/

go get a FIBASS.
it sounds raw and emotional.
its accurate and fast.

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #6,156 of 11,644
Compared to the Shure SE846, how does the Fibass sounds?

I assume that both have pros and cons, at this price range we can't really say that one sounds better than the other. But how would be the comparison in terms of tonality, bass, mids, treble, soundstage and details?

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #6,157 of 11,644

I assume that both have pros and cons, at this price range we can't really say that one sounds better than the other. But how would be the comparison in terms of tonality, bass, mids, treble, soundstage and details?
this sounds biased but comparing se846 to fibass is quite an insult to fibass :p

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #6,158 of 11,644

what i heard in other Shure earphones (i believe an se215 and a 5xx model) is that there is no treble at all. sadly i can not say anything about the SE846, as i have never heard it.

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #6,159 of 11,644
what i heard in other Shure earphones (i believe an se215 and a 5xx model) is that there is no treble at all. sadly i can not say anything about the SE846, as i have never heard it.
that ia true but there is still treble just that lacking

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #6,162 of 11,644
its price is quite reasonable considering its sound is so special. No iems can match the raw and organic sound!

I have to agree. When the fibass was first released and around the time I picked up a pair, it was the most expensive IEM. But a few years on, it still sounds as good as it did back then, but look at the price increases in IEMs, cans and gear. It now seems almost like a bargain for what you get for your dollar. :wink:

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #6,163 of 11,644
I have to agree. When the fibass was first released and around the time I picked up a pair, it was the most expensive IEM. But a few years on, it still sounds as good as it did back then, but look at the price increases in IEMs, cans and gear. It now seems almost like a bargain for what you get for your dollar. :wink:
definitely even multiple drivers iem cant produce the sonic performance of fibass!

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #6,164 of 11,644
Kaits, I notice that you have both the fibass and the AKR02. I have the Fibass but always wanted to know if there is a difference between the two in terms of sound. My understanding is that the only difference between the two is a detachable cable for the AKR02. Also can either iems be terminated in balance for the AK players?

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #6,165 of 11,644
the AKR02 has been specially tuned for AK players

Are you sure that the AKR02 is different from the Fibass in sound other than the cable? Has anyone tried a different cable for the AKR02?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back