Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #4,606 of 11,664

I was mostly teasing you on the roll comment. It is 2 am here. But you were implying that opinions in this thread are not honest. I don't agree. For example, I don't particularly like the Heaven IV - I find it boring - and I have said so more than once. (Admittedly I don't go on the attack to save the world; that's just not my way.)

But actually I think you misread his comment about being confused by the 'number of heavens', not about the numbering system for the heavens. I understand where he is coming from. I have the same complaint with iBasso and Fiio amps; there are so many and it gets difficult to keep them straight. My interest in FAD is such that I don't have that problem with the Heavens. But so far, the VI is the only one that I really want to own. (And having the Lab 1, I wonder if I will want to own the VII or VIII either.)

Oh I am sorry for not getting it. I guess I was too serious lol.

Regarding the opinions here, I just want to see more the negative sides of the FAD's phones more. It's really rare to read about some down-sites of the FAD phones here, nothing wrong about that if people love them so much, but I also want to really encourage people voicing different opinions, if they have some. No way the FAD's are perfect in every regard ;D
Thanks for voicing your point of view of the Heaven IV. That's I think what really is helpful for people, who considering purchasing these rather high-priced phones.

The number thing is no big deal, can be interpreted both ways tbh. Better helping more than nothing I guess.

Oct 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #4,607 of 11,664
I'm pretty sure that most of the biggest FADnatics in this thread have mentioned that most FADs are flawed in some way or another and won't appeal to those who are strictly into how phones measure. Many of us appreciate the phones for their unique tonal and spatial qualities first and foremost. I think Muppetface put it best when she described FAD's products as (and I'm paraphrasing here) "functional art". The FAD phones have a uniquely vivid quality to their midrange that I personally have not encountered in phones of any other make. I suppose the only way to know whether they're for you, is to hear a pair for yourself. 

Oct 2, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #4,608 of 11,664
  I'm pretty sure that most of the biggest FADnatics in this thread have mentioned that most FADs are flawed in some way or another and won't appeal to those who are strictly into how phones measure. Many of us appreciate the phones for their unique tonal and spatial qualities first and foremost. I think Muppetface put it best when she described FAD's products as (and I'm paraphrasing here) "functional art". The FAD phones have a uniquely vivid quality to their midrange that I personally have not encountered in phones of any other make. I suppose the only way to know whether they're for you, is to hear a pair for yourself. 

Yeah, I read through the whole thread at some point, also the philosophical thing you guys had in past. was hilarious ;D

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #4,609 of 11,664

Major complaints (about the best earphone I have ever heard):

1. No strain relief.
2. Ridiculously expensive.
3. Impossible (or nearly so) to replace.
4. They don't come with a properly protective case. And for the price, they should.

Now back to listening...

Oct 3, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #4,611 of 11,664
You can count on me to deliver an honest opinion.

I already own one pair of FAD IEMs - the Adagio III. I really don't like them, and I have said so in the past. It is true that they have a fantastic soundstage and powerful bass, but they also have practically no midrange and a sharp, sibilant treble. They sound intriguing, but rather like listening to a 3-way speaker with broken midrange drivers. Like many people, I bought them on the strength of the review in Hi-Fi+...

I am hoping that the Heaven V will sound like the exact inverse of the Adagio III!

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #4,612 of 11,664
You can count on me to deliver an honest opinion.

I already own one pair of FAD IEMs - the Adagio III. I really don't like them, and I have said so in the past. It is true that they have a fantastic soundstage and powerful bass, but they also have practically no midrange and a sharp, sibilant treble. They sound intriguing, but rather like listening to a 3-way speaker with broken midrange drivers. Like many people, I bought them on the strength of the review in Hi-Fi+...

I am hoping that the Heaven V will sound like the exact inverse of the Adagio III!

You got this bro!

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #4,613 of 11,664
You guys were right on the money about the LAB=) too bad stock eartips fitting is as not as comfortable as CIEM, ears got a bit tired after couple hours of usage.

PS: I can't believe how resolving the LAB1 is until I heard it myself, how is it possible that vocal is so life-like? they now have this texture / gritiness quality to them that I've never heard before with any phones. As a matter of fact, everything seems to come into life with the magical LAB1, the sound is so BIG coming from these little earpieces, hard to comprehend... 

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #4,614 of 11,664

Major complaints (about the best earphone I have ever heard):

1. No strain relief.
2. Ridiculously expensive.
3. Impossible (or nearly so) to replace.
4. They don't come with a properly protective case. And for the price, they should.

Now back to listening...

Wow just Glorious woodcans!

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #4,615 of 11,664
Just got myself a used pair of Pianoforte VIII for a really good price. Feed them the right kind of music and recording and it produces some of the best I have heard from any headphone however feed it the wrong thing and it sounds absolutely horrible so they are a very specialized tool

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #4,617 of 11,664
Just got myself a used pair of Pianoforte VIII for a really good price. Feed them the right kind of music and recording and it produces some of the best I have heard from any headphone however feed it the wrong thing and it sounds absolutely horrible so they are a very specialized tool

Glad to see you join the club, nc8000. Your description is spot on.

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #4,618 of 11,664

Agree! The PFs can be sublime or off depending on the music. :)

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #4,620 of 11,664

Users who are viewing this thread

Back