Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 22, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #3,977 of 11,644
It's finally summer again, which means I can use the Piano Forte VIII without fear of death by icy metal ear syndrome. I forgot how gorgeous these things look and sound. Here's what I've been doing with my morning:

May 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #3,981 of 11,644
beerchug.gif

May 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #3,983 of 11,644
  It's official.  I'm a FAD fan-man.  I need something with a little more isolation than my VIII and just ordered the Heaven V-Aging.

I'm so taken by my Pandora Hope VI and my FX850 that I rarely listen to my V, although it's a great sounding earphone. It's not the Aging, but I know a few people who had both and say it's the same tuning and sound. If you're interested, inbox me. 

May 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #3,984 of 11,644
Those pictures look gorgeous. I've missed coming to this thread and seeing all the Piano Forte photographic art. Those need to start coming back.

May 22, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #3,985 of 11,644
Some really great and moody pics eke (seems to be your forte - moody), Woodcans gotta step his game up

May 22, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #3,987 of 11,644
May 25, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #3,988 of 11,644
Found this picture of the Heaven VII and VIII along with their product descriptions. What's interesting is that they both seem to be made out of stainless steel, which they say is molded from MIM (Metal Injection Molding). I'm assuming MIM is different (and hopefully a lot cheaper) than the laser printing used for the LAB I. I thought only the HVII would be steel and the HVIII would be copper or maybe brass, but apparently not. It's not clear whether they use 1 or 2 BAs, but I'm assuming they use 2 since they look similar to the LAB I. Besides the color, I have no idea what's the difference between the two. I've tried to decipher the descriptions and they seem practically identical too. Nothing about a release date or pricing. Hopefully more news about these will surface soon.

Descriptions for the Heaven VII and VIII say:
"The housing is a stainless steel molded form created using MIM (Metal Injection Molding). After molding stainless steel powder with a die, the form is ____ in a furnace at temperatures exceeding 1,200 degrees, a method that achieves a housing that was impossible with metal-cut items. It has become possible to freely design housing forms that have considerable influence on sound quality.
With this new technology, it has become possible to control elements such as resonance and airflow that effect great changes to sound quality owing to this, a vast sound stage and natural that you could listen to..."

I can't make out any more words after that. The HVIII's description has one extra sentence more than the HVII's, but I can't really see what it says.

May 25, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #3,989 of 11,644
Found this picture of the Heaven VII and VIII along with their product descriptions. What's interesting is that they both seem to be made out of stainless steel, which they say is molded from MIM (Metal Injection Molding). I'm assuming MIM is different (and hopefully a lot cheaper) than the laser printing used for the LAB I. I thought only the HVII would be steel and the HVIII would be copper or maybe brass, but apparently not. It's not clear whether they use 1 or 2 BAs, but I'm assuming they use 2 since they look similar to the LAB I. Besides the color, I have no idea what's the difference between the two. I've tried to decipher the descriptions and they seem practically identical too. Nothing about a release date or pricing. Hopefully more news about these will surface soon.

Wow they certainly look unique, although I think FAD have maybe gone a step to far with their boutique design this time. Not sure I actually like the design. One thing I have learnt about FAD is not to judge a book by its cover as I really do not like the design of the heaven Vi copper housing with brown cables nearly put me off buying, but by golly do they sound good, by far the best universal I've tried and I've tried many .

I'd be keen on trying the heaven vii as it looks like they focus on sound staging . I'm looking forward to learning more about these. They will have to be good the beat the heaven vi though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back