Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 25, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #11,117 of 11,668
I think advertisement material is a sign. Final does not mention anything special about the driver of E4000 and E5000, still the same old high-performance micro drivers. The only thing they sing about is the bass chamber at the back. When we reach A series, Final wasted no time to brag about the new F-Core drivers (which are excellent drivers, butchered by the weird tuning choice of Final).

Those f-core drivers have so much potential. shame.

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #11,118 of 11,668
Those f-core drivers have so much potential. shame.
Well, they were revived in the form of ZE3000 though. E series tuning with the technical performance of F-Core drivers. I like those a lot but because I already have AirPods Pro, I have no reason to buy another set.

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #11,120 of 11,668
Oh that's interesting ill look in to that. How would you compare the 3000 and 5000?

IMHO, E5000 is a better product without a doubt. The careful matching between left and right channel gives E5000 a sharper and more precise stereo imaging ability. Thanks to the bass chamber to enhance the sub bass, E5000 does not need to boost mid bass and lower mid a lot like E3000 anymore, so the rest of the frequencies sound clearer and crisper. The only challenge of E5000 is the amplification. If you insist on using only Apple dongle, I recommend forget the E5000 and move on to something modern. If you have a craving for bass, Dunu Vulkan can be had for not much more (my review). Fiio FH7s seems promising as well, though I have not been able to audition myself, so my opinion might change.

Edit: I just saw that you use SR25 mk2. I think it's worth a try. I had a great experience pairing E5000 with Fiio M11s, which I assume to be in the same class with SR25 mk2.

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #11,121 of 11,668
IMHO, E5000 is a better product without a doubt. The careful matching between left and right channel gives E5000 a sharper and more precise stereo imaging ability. Thanks to the bass chamber to enhance the sub bass, E5000 does not need to boost mid bass and lower mid a lot like E3000 anymore, so the rest of the frequencies sound clearer and crisper. The only challenge of E5000 is the amplification. If you insist on using only Apple dongle, I recommend forget the E5000 and move on to something modern. If you have a craving for bass, Dunu Vulkan can be had for not much more (my review). Fiio FH7s seems promising as well, though I have not been able to audition myself, so my opinion might change.

Edit: I just saw that you use SR25 mk2. I think it's worth a try. I had a great experience pairing E5000 with Fiio M11s, which I assume to be in the same class with SR25 mk2.

Thanks for your thoughts, id be running E5000 balanced out of the SR25 so power shouldn't be an issue. Ill be trying it out soon and hoping it will be a bigger jump than E4000.

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #11,122 of 11,668
Thanks for your thoughts, id be running E5000 balanced out of the SR25 so power shouldn't be an issue. Ill be trying it out soon and hoping it will be a bigger jump than E4000.

I hope you can return the E5000, just in case :dt880smile: I don't think E5000 outclasses E4000. They are almost the same, just with different tuning, aren't they? Anyhow, let me know how it goes. E5000 is one of the IEMs that I keep in my collection as benchmark, even though it is not the most expensive nor impressive one.

Sep 25, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #11,123 of 11,668
I hope you can return the E5000, just in case :dt880smile: I don't think E5000 outclasses E4000. They are almost the same, just with different tuning, aren't they? Anyhow, let me know how it goes. E5000 is one of the IEMs that I keep in my collection as benchmark, even though it is not the most expensive nor impressive one.

Yes as far as I know 4000 are a little bit brighter with less sub bass.

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #11,124 of 11,668
Anyone go off and on their A4000/A3000? I didn't like my A4000 when I first got it, too bright, seemed close to tinny with little bass. I put it away for a long while, nearly a year. I tried it again a few weeks ago and either something happened to it in the drawer or more likely to my ears, it seems to have become more bassy and a touch warmer, it could be due to mood too. I listen to a lot of experimental, slightly avant garde electronic music and I'm loving it with the A4000. I use an IFI Go Blu or HipDac and use Comply tips, the improvement is not totally reliant on the bass boost but it enhances the experience. Alva Noto's Xerrox Monophaser 2 sounds wonderful with it though, its a great track on anything. Its also well suited to Autechre's NTS series and other more recent albums. Unnatural or synthetic music seems to be my A4000's forte at the moment but, they also sound great with some contemporary, minimal, classical type stuff like from Sarah Davachi. There is every chance I might go off them a week from now. I also like the E5000 with electronic tunes, its warmth complements the more austere sounding tracks. I'm glad to get more use from the A4000 as I like it's design, light weight and comfort a lot, I even like the cable though it seems to bother some people. Isolation is above average in my ears.
Just to contribute to this thread: I own A4000 and found very similarly quite unimpactful bass until I tried Azla Sedna Earfit (regular) large tips, which gave me a much better fit. Once I found that fit, the SQ was transformed - much better bass extension, texture and impact. Stage and layering are quite good even on the Apple Dongle but I agree that on a better DAP they improve. I do not have the other IEMs so can't compare to those, but find these good enough to be my daily drivers. I tried them for a bit with the EA Ares II cable (which because it was 2.5 mm allowed me to listen to them balanced, including out of C9) but they were not improved by rolling to that cables and I went back to the stock cable. After reading this thread I am tempted to check out the E5000, as well.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #11,125 of 11,668
Just to contribute to this thread: I own A4000 and found very similarly quite unimpactful bass until I tried Azla Sedna Earfit (regular) large tips, which gave me a much better fit. Once I found that fit, the SQ was transformed - much better bass extension, texture and impact. Stage and layering are quite good even on the Apple Dongle but I agree that on a better DAP they improve. I do not have the other IEMs so can't compare to those, but find these good enough to be my daily drivers. I tried them for a bit with the EA Ares II cable (which because it was 2.5 mm allowed me to listen to them balanced, including out of C9) but they were not improved by rolling to that cables and I went back to the stock cable. After reading this thread I am tempted to check out the E5000, as well.
I've been really enjoying the A4000 with bass boost on my HipDac and Go Blu with electronic music. I never imagined I'd be enjoying techno and dub with them, that driver is very capable.

Sep 26, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #11,127 of 11,668
Sep 27, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #11,128 of 11,668
I shot a quick review of the ZE3000 TWS IEMs, if anyone is interested:

Sep 30, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #11,130 of 11,668
I really like the final E ear tips but I dislike the narrow bore, I saw the final B type has a wide bore, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, anyone knows where can I find a pair to buy / wants to sell a M or L pair he doesn't need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back