Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 15, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #9,541 of 11,642
I too have taken the plunge with the E5000. I have to admit, I wasn't that thrilled by them the first day. Seemed overly warm, with some bass bleed into the mids. Presentation was decent at least. Still didn't seem like a $300 set to me though. After a few days, I started hearing nuances in the mids and treble that were not there on the first day at all. They remind me of Sennheiser open-back headphones in that they seem a bit laid back at first, but once your brain gets used to them--they just sound natural, articulate all while being smooth as silk. They have better imaging than many reviewers give it--also has some height to their sound and not just width. The soundstage is surprisingly large, likely due to the extremely good resolving power of the sub-bass. The mids resolve very well now, with a timbre that is just so damn smooth. I thought I was going to return these and just pay up for the Flares Pro 2 HD, but they have grown on me tremendously. Its still a bit too bass heavy overall, but once my LG G7 arrives, I can pull that down a db or two.

So yeah, I'm a fan and these will keep me in music nirvana for years to come.

May 15, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #9,544 of 11,642
I too have taken the plunge with the E5000.
So yeah, I'm a fan and these will keep me in music nirvana for years to come.

I hope so!

But seems most people around here are constantly hungry for upgrades. I guess it happens because the technology is advancing so quickly. It becomes an obsession to get the newest flavor of the month IEM.

I try to fight that. Lately I've been using my nearly 4 year old KZ ED9's and they still sound quite good to me.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #9,545 of 11,642
Tried it and agree, the treble seems to have gotten some more air to it. But I prefer the tighter bass you get with the Type E tips and that it is a bit warmer that way (already have too many bright iems) but most importantly is that the Spinfits makes the fit a bit looser and I dont get as good of a seal. So I will stick with the Type E.
Try clear e type tips , I have now brown ones too

May 16, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #9,548 of 11,642
@Final Audio

I have been a longtime user of Final Audio's products; I used to own the E2000 and E3000 before they failed on one side slightly after a year of use.

Not wanting to take the extra trouble to RMA my most recent pair, I bought a replacement E3000 this week from a reputable local retailer in Singapore. As I tried it, I immediately noticed a channel imbalance issue with the left side being noticeably softer. I would describe the imbalance as minor to moderate, but still perceptible.

I tried switching eartips but the imbalance was still perceptible. Switching to my backup tenores, I was able to confirm that it was not my ears, poor fit, or device that was causing the issue.

It was frustrating and strange that my pair had an imbalance issue right out of the box.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #9,549 of 11,642
I hope so!

But seems most people around here are constantly hungry for upgrades. I guess it happens because the technology is advancing so quickly. It becomes an obsession to get the newest flavor of the month IEM.

I try to fight that. Lately I've been using my nearly 4 year old KZ ED9's and they still sound quite good to me.
One of the things to remember about headfi is that it's ok to be interested in the latest c/iem/dap/magic unicorn without having to buy it. Then if it ever gets reduced in price because of a newer model then you can pick up some savings.

May 16, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #9,550 of 11,642
Even with shipping?
yes. I paid around 200 usd, for the E2000, E3000, F3100 in total. The E2000 itself costs only like 30 usd.

May 16, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #9,551 of 11,642
Try clear e type tips , I have now brown ones too
Cant get them from amazon japan, they dont ship to sweden with those....

May 16, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #9,552 of 11,642
Try Spinfits on the E3000.They really open the treble. It still is a smooth treble.
I object, please do not use SpinFit with at least the E2000 and E3000. Yes, they do boost the treble above 8 kHz which creates more air. But there is a small vent next to the nozzle and the SpinFit (and presumably most tips) will block it. This results in a massive 8-10 dB bass boost and slower speed.

The E-type tips have grooves and an edge on the stem to prevent that from happening.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #9,554 of 11,642
I object, please do not use SpinFit with at least the E2000 and E3000. Yes, they do boost the treble above 8 kHz which creates more air. But there is a small vent next to the nozzle and the SpinFit (and presumably most tips) will block it. This results in a massive 8-10 dB bass boost and slower speed.

The E-type tips have grooves and an edge on the stem to prevent that from happening.

What is wrong with experimenting?

May 16, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #9,555 of 11,642
What is wrong with experimenting?
Nothing, unless someone doesnt have the spinfits and wants to order them just for the E2000 and/or E3000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back