Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 21, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #8,206 of 11,644
Don't need a DAC, Just a general ideal of the kind of AMP. I don't want to damage the IEM.

The Massdrop x THX AAA 789 Linear Amplifier or JDS Lab Atom amp is what I plan to get after I decide on which Headphone I want.

I would just get an iFi xDSD or FiiO Q5 and use them for both desktop and portable :)

Dec 21, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #8,207 of 11,644
Don't need a DAC, Just a general ideal of the kind of AMP. I don't want to damage the IEM.

The Massdrop x THX AAA 789 Linear Amplifier or JDS Lab Atom amp is what I plan to get after I decide on which Headphone I want.

If it were me I would go Atom. I doubt you could tell the difference. You'll usually get better marginal sound quality from a dollar spent on headphones than DAC/AMP. I driver a Audeze LCD MX4 with a Topping DX3 so you can tell how I feel about budgeting. I coincidentally drive an MX5.

Dec 21, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #8,209 of 11,644
Thanks A lot.

Have anyone try their Headphone line? Final Audio SONOROUS 1 - 6? I was wondering how they sound and compare to other Headphone in their Price range.
Thanks again.
I own a Sonorous VI and X. I am still keeping my beloved LCD-X since 2014 because they gave me hours of pleasure. I have sold the rest and it was quite a lot of headphones. The VI is for me just unmatchable in terms of SQ for the price. It put my now sold HD800S behind
in every area excepting soundstage, of course. Listening to them is opening a window to true sound, musicality at its best (in any music genre). Want to know about the X, the flagship? Well, it is a true endgame headphone, music is literally flowing through it, making you forgetting about highs, mids, bass, soundstage, etc... a visual and audio work of art.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #8,210 of 11,644
What a shame. Such a promising small and portable IEM hindered by it's power requirements. Looks like I'm down to E2000/3000 or Comet.
Mmmmhh, you might want to sell some of your IEM collection (you are not listening to all of them, are you?) and make the step. Grab the E5000, add an amp if needed and enjoy the music. Try them before if you can. But please, don't think you have to go down to other Exxx models. Go Big!!!... or get bankrupted trying :)

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #8,211 of 11,644
Mmmmhh, you might want to sell some of your IEM collection (you are not listening to all of them, are you?) and make the step. Grab the E5000, add an amp if needed and enjoy the music. Try them before if you can. But please, don't think you have to go down to other Exxx models. Go Big!!!... or get bankrupted trying :)

I've already ordered the E2000 and E4000. From the reviews the E5000 seems to be too tamed in the highs and I need those when listening to metal on the go or at the gym. I'm buying these as a portable solution so a separate amp is out of the question. For home listening when I'm by my amp I'd rather listen to something more detailed like the IT04

Dec 21, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #8,212 of 11,644
I've already ordered the E2000 and E4000. From the reviews the E5000 seems to be too tamed in the highs and I need those when listening to metal on the go or at the gym. I'm buying these as a portable solution so a separate amp is out of the question. For home listening when I'm by my amp I'd rather listen to something more detailed like the IT04
Enjoy the D2000 and D4000. You might want to give your impression once you got them.

Treble of the E5000 are smooth, yes. But they don't lack details, far from it. Impressive imaging and outstanding layering are responsible for an amazing amount of details. Treble are not 100% correlated to details. We have to stop with this (wrong) assumption once for all.

Anyway, I don't know the IT04, so I cannot make a statement about their sound signature vs. the E5000s one. Maybe someone does?

Dec 21, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #8,213 of 11,644
Oh I know you know. My remark was intended for @jwbrent, who wrote he was interested in the D8000 and more affordable versions. Since you’d just mentioned the D6000 as a more affordable LCD i4 and the naming scheme for the D6000 can make it sound like it’s a more affordable D8000, I thought I’d kill a possible confusion in the egg.

Yes, I did think that the D6000 was a less expensive version of the D8000, so thank you for clearing that up. As to the look of the D6000, I’m anxious to see a picture since I lusted for a Lab II, but by the time I could buy one, they were no longer available. In my view, the Lab II is a beautiful design with what appeared to be top quality workmanship.

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #8,214 of 11,644
Want to know about the X, the flagship? Well, it is a true endgame headphone, music is literally flowing through it, making you forgetting about highs, mids, bass, soundstage, etc... a visual and audio work of art.

The X that you means here is Sonorous X or LCD-X?

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #8,215 of 11,644
Dec 23, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #8,216 of 11,644
Sonorous X

Wow, never know that Sonorous X is that impressive. I have never had a chance to listen to Sonorous X.
How is it compared to D8000? I have tried D8000 before, been amazed by the details it delivered.

Dec 23, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #8,217 of 11,644
Wow, never know that Sonorous X is that impressive. I have never had a chance to listen to Sonorous X.
How is it compared to D8000? I have tried D8000 before, been amazed by the details it delivered.
Never heard the D8000 unfortunately. Check the review of the D8000 on the 6moons website.
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/final6/1.html
Srajan makes a comparison between D8000 and the Sonorous X. D8000 seems to be a bit smoother and darker sounding as the X.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #8,219 of 11,644
Does the Sonorous VI have the sliding Issue like in this Video?

Sorry I don’t feel like watching all of the video, could you point out what the problem is/when in the video?
Mine have no particular sliding issue.

Dec 25, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #8,220 of 11,644
Does the Sonorous VI have the sliding Issue like in this Video?

I haven’t watched the video either but when I had Pandora Hope VI, sliders didn’t move accidentally.
No need for me to care it coming down in my usage at home. But I kept it flat on the desk without headphone stand when I don’t use, so maybe that helped?
If you carry it upside down in a messenger type camera bag, it did move though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back