Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 17, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #8,177 of 11,642
I picked up three e1000s yesterday out of curiosity and for gifts. After auditioning one I had to get more. It’s the easiest, least expensive way to get final’s world class tips and a good way to try out the E series. Really impressive for the price. These compare favorably with similarly priced chi fi IEMs with much better comfort.

I got extra chatty at mybheadphone store. The employees there really like the E series. When I mentioned the E8000 and make series they were unaware. The owner said he would try to bring the Make 2 to the US. I said they were only selling it in Asia, but he believes they will sell it to his store if he buys enough. So American final fans who are interested in the Make series may want to hold off on importing the Make 2 until I find out if he was able to order them.

He also said final would have exciting things at can jam NYC in two months. He wouldn’t say what. I’m not sure if it’s things they’ve announced or not. Great stuff possibly on the horizon.

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #8,180 of 11,642
Have anyone Heard both BGVP DM6 & Final E5000?

Looking for some sound comparison between the two.

I heard both, BGVP DM6 is very much V-shaped, sparkly treble, nice sub-bass, nice instrument separation

E5000 has more detail, larger soundstage, much thicker, much bassier, more smooth up top, requires more power, leaks more sound, is a touch more comfortable

What else would you like to know?

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #8,183 of 11,642
Worth getting the E1000 if I already Order the E5000?

No... Not unless you need a beater IEM that you can toss in your backpack/gym bag/whatever.

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #8,184 of 11,642
Worth getting the E1000 if I already Order the E5000?

Personally I think E1000 is a very balanced earphone at the price range. But it still lacks for some performance under certain situation.
E1000 is one of the best budget earphones I have tried (maybe because I love Final's sound signature), but if you are already owning an E5000, I do not think that you will interchange them always.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #8,186 of 11,642
Checking back in to say I've been really enjoying the E5000 IEMs. I purchased the FiiO Q1 Mark II to drive them, and they're working great together. I really have no complaints, other than the E5000's cable is a bit stiff, but at least it feels sturdy! I wear them over the ear, so microphonics haven't been a problem at all, really.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #8,187 of 11,642
Thanks A lot.

Have anyone try their Headphone line? Final Audio SONOROUS 1 - 6? I was wondering how they sound and compare to other Headphone in their Price range.

Thanks again.

I own a Sonorous VI and it is my first headphone. Before that I normally only use IEM.
I bought it because of a lot of good reviews in Japan and outside of Japan. If I am not mistaken, Sonorous VI (Previously Pandora Hope VI) was the first product of Final which actually brought good impression to audiophile outside of Japan due to the reasonable price and good sound quality.

I love how it sounds and the classy stainless steel look is quite special compared to most of the headphones.
Sorry that I do not really know a lot of words normally used to describe a headphone, but for me, the details are amazing. The sound is clear compared to other headphones at the same price range that I have tried before in Akihabara. Low might be weak for some people but since I am not a bass head, so I am totally fine for that.

If you have a chance, try to have an audition :)

EDIT: Btw I think there is only Sonorous II, III, IV, VI, VIII and X that are actually available in the line.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #8,188 of 11,642
Thanks A lot.

Have anyone try their Headphone line? Final Audio SONOROUS 1 - 6? I was wondering how they sound and compare to other Headphone in their Price range.

Thanks again.
I’ve had the VI for a couple of years, never heard the other ones. The itch to upgrade came and went because nothing I listened to sounded noticeably better before the 5000-6000€ price range. I’m talking Denon, Sennheiser, Kennerton, Hifiman, Klipsch, Focal... Really as far as closed-back are concerned there’s not much room to improve, especially since their soundstage is vast. Dynamics are crazy, there’s a “vectoriality” so to say, like music is a powerful, free-flowing stream. The HD820 for instance are too laid-back, they can’t rhythm for crap compared to the Final. I’ve considered nice sidegrades like the Amiron Home, which are softer, or Fostex TH610. I rather invested in good iems, a better DAC/tube amp for my desktop, portable headphones or an ES100 for other use cases.

Do note I have the initial Pandora Hope edition, not the Sonorous which are sometimes said to trade a bit of the sound quality in return for more comfort. The IV is more treble-centric from what I read, with the 2 and 3 supposed to be great all-rounders at their respective prices.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #8,189 of 11,642
I have read and heard very good things about the D8000 headphone but the one I am most interested in is the upcoming D6000 which will be a more affordable LCD i4 :p

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #8,190 of 11,642
I’ve had the VI for a couple of years, never heard the other ones. The itch to upgrade came and went because nothing I listened to sounded noticeably better before the 5000-6000€ price range. I’m talking Denon, Sennheiser, Kennerton, Hifiman, Klipsch, Focal... Really as far as closed-back are concerned there’s not much room to improve, especially since their soundstage is vast. Dynamics are crazy, there’s a “vectoriality” so to say, like music is a powerful, free-flowing stream. The HD820 for instance are too laid-back, they can’t rhythm for **** compared to the Final. I’ve considered nice sidegrades like the Amiron Home, which are softer, or Fostex TH610. I rather invested in good iems, a better DAC/tube amp for my desktop, portable headphones or an ES100 for other use cases.

Do note I have the initial Pandora Hope edition, not the Sonorous which are sometimes said to trade a bit of the sound quality in return for more comfort. The IV is more treble-centric from what I read, with the 2 and 3 supposed to be great all-rounders at their respective prices.

I recently bought a new Sonorous IV, and I love how they sound. The trebles remind me of the FI-BA-SS as it should since the IV uses a proprietary BA driver for the trebles. I kind of wish I bought the VI due to the enhanced aesthetics, but the two models are supposed to be the same other than the stainless steel used.

I’m very interested in the D8000 as well as any more affordable version that is scheduled for release soon. I’m going to Can Jam in LA this year just so I can listen to the final offerings, and maybe get a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back