Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 9, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #8,146 of 11,645
Atlas=vented as dynamic, and Comet = sealed ba, so neither should in theory have flex.

Still tempted to get an e5000 or 4000,

From the review, Atlas seem to have only back volume vent, so that's probably why it's flex like crazy since the air in front of the driver have nowhere to go.
Also I don't think dynamic driver iem need vent though as my old ath e40 don't have any vent hole.

Dec 9, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #8,148 of 11,645
Hi, F700! Thank you for your help on the NW-ZX300 and AK70 MK2 suggestion 2 weeks ago. Eventually I did not really tried them up and decided to go with NW-ZX300 because I found someone is selling his used unit with cheaper price and in excellent condition.
I really love this new setup even though Davidmolliere and you have mentioned that the direct output of ZX300 is lacking power.

I think I will just go with current setup for a little bit more and try to pair with an amp in the future. My girlfriend is already almost killed me for getting MAKE2, re-cable and ZX300 in this 2 months.

By the way, a question about the forum control. How do you guys quote(?) username into post?
My pleasure if I could help. ZX300 is a really nice DAP, not just for the price, but in general. Good analog-like sound, little hiss, long battery life, responsive UI, etc...

Actually, no need for an amp if your IEM/Headphone don't require one... You can live very happy without an amp. Oh... The girlfriend... I know, I am married. But I am the finance manager, so not every audio purchase will be reported to the better half... It is your hobby, invest, sell, enjoy... If your girlfriend loves you, she will understand.

Dec 9, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #8,149 of 11,645
Anyone with one Piano Forte VIII or X to sell? :)

Funny you'd mention it, I have a mint condition Piano Forte VIII that is only 3 months old waiting for a new owner, need to divest a bit after a lot of spending!
Feel free to PM me :D

Dec 11, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #8,153 of 11,645
Is balance w/ Silver cable the way to go for these IEM? Any sound quality improvement / changes w/ Balance Cable?

Balanced Silver cables should be best, with a source that has good balanced output :)

For example, with something like FiiO M7mkii + AM03A, balanced silver cables tones the thickness down a bit, and gives them more brightness, which they require to be a bit more balanced. Makes the sound wider, more dynamic, more punchy :)

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #8,154 of 11,645
Do the e5000 need to be burned in? I got a brand new pair in today and I am underwhelemed. I was expecting smooth vocals with hard hitting bass. What I hear is a small soundstage, some harshness on the highs, and mediocre bass. I'm using a btr3 paired with a galaxy s8. So far I think the BGVP DMGs sound much better. Help!

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #8,155 of 11,645
Do the e5000 need to be burned in? I got a brand new pair in today and I am underwhelemed. I was expecting smooth vocals with hard hitting bass. What I hear is a small soundstage, some harshness on the highs, and mediocre bass. I'm using a btr3 paired with a galaxy s8. So far I think the BGVP DMGs sound much better. Help!

final officially claimed it needs burn-in (called "aging" in Japan) for the first time for their products.

See just above the following URL:
http://snext-final.com/en/products/detail/E5000#spec

=Quote from the E5000 official product site =============================================
Aging
Aging refers to the phenomenon whereby sound changes with sustained use over a set period of time. With the driver unit, the extremely thin film that is heated and shaped vibrates to create sound. The reason for this is not clear, but the stress from the adhesive and the stress applied when shaping the film settles down as it is used, and it is thought that perhaps micro-signals move more freely.

With this product, because of the small apertures, an extended length of time is necessary for changes according to aging become hard to identify. Generally, 150 ~ 200 hours of regular use increases delicacy and sound quality follows the intent of the original design.

* Since the reason for sound quality improving through aging has not been clearly established, nothing could be clearly stated about aging until now. We have been checking this phenomenon, and have decided to express our opinions so as to collect as many questions regarding aging from customers as possible.
==============================================

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #8,156 of 11,645

I was told they need a lot of power, Maybe try them with a better AMP?

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #8,157 of 11,645
They sound smooth out of the box with Mojo and Musiland MU2 to me. Then again we all hear differently, and I see some people claiming Periodic BE also has some harshness in the highs which I just cannot fathom as they're among the least high offensive IEMs to me along with E5000.

I do think that E5000 do not have the hardest hitting bass if that's what you want, lots of offerings from Chinese manufacturers do that much better (if we're just talking about bass impact).

Dec 12, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #8,158 of 11,645

Do you have anything with more power on hand? :)

I don't think BTR3 is weak, but they need even more power :)

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #8,160 of 11,645
I do not have a better amp to test with, so I'll just finish burning them in and try again. Hopefully they improve significantly otherwise I'll just list them for sale. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

If they are absolutely new, you could also consider returning to the shop.

The thing is, they could sound like this if under driven, the bass should be considerably better than BGVP DMG, given that I have both, and I was a big fan of DMG.

The situation doesn't improve if listening at high volumes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back