Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 2, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #7,727 of 11,654
Jul 6, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #7,728 of 11,654
I can compare them to the magaosi K3 pro and MEE P1 I have when I get home later, but from memory the K3's heavy bass ruins most other instruments while the e4000 sounds beautiful with every song and you can clearly hear every instrument/detail, plus the shape of the K3 hurts my ears. Also from memory I enjoyed the sound of the MEE P1 also but the metal alloy is way heavier, I prefer the e4000 shape and weight, I can listen more closely to compare them later if anyone is interested.

Hey !! Any updates for P1 vs E4000 ? Would treat you cookies over a short impression on how the two fairs :D

Jul 7, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #7,729 of 11,654
2 Questions for e5000 owners, is your right piece very slightly louder than the left?

I thought I was just going crazy, but I switched them, and put the left one on the right and vice versa, and found that the the "right" piece was now louder in my left ear.

Also, are the mmcx connection kind of loose on your units? Like, if you hold the barrel with one hand and the mmcx connection part with the other, you can move it a bit

Jul 7, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #7,730 of 11,654
2 Questions for e5000 owners, is your right piece very slightly louder than the left?

I thought I was just going crazy, but I switched them, and put the left one on the right and vice versa, and found that the the "right" piece was now louder in my left ear.

Also, are the mmcx connection kind of loose on your units? Like, if you hold the barrel with one hand and the mmcx connection part with the other, you can move it a bit

1. Nope, they are equal in loudness for me

2. Yes, but they don't feel loose, just like most MMCX, they can rotate, this is pretty normal for MMCX connectors AFAIK

Jul 7, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #7,731 of 11,654
2. Yes, but they don't feel loose, just like most MMCX, they can rotate, this is pretty normal for MMCX connectors AFAIK
Yeah, I don't feel like they will accidently fall off, but I feel like they are more "wobbly" around the connector area compared to other MMCX IEMs

I don't mean the rotation movement, rather the area where the IEM connects to the cable. Like, I can rock the iem back and forth a little when gripping the metal area on the cable

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #7,732 of 11,654

The measurements I've taken with various positions seem to suggest that there is some channel imbalance, but it's not noticeable at all. The imbalance on my unit is primarily about 1.5 kHz on up and within a couple of db of variance which is fair I guess. My brain pretty much adjusts to it if the imbalance on my unit really exists (considering that the MiniDSP EARS measuring system and my positioning aren't perfect).

E5000.png

The connectors on my unit 'wobbles' very little. I don't think this would be too much of an issue in the long run.

Jul 8, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #7,733 of 11,654
The measurements I've taken with various positions seem to suggest that there is some channel imbalance, but it's not noticeable at all. The imbalance on my unit is primarily about 1.5 kHz on up and within a couple of db of variance which is fair I guess. My brain pretty much adjusts to it if the imbalance on my unit really exists (considering that the MiniDSP EARS measuring system and my positioning aren't perfect).

The connectors on my unit 'wobbles' very little. I don't think this would be too much of an issue in the long run.
I think I'll attempt an RMA....

The fact that it's obvious enough to the point I can tell one side is louder even when I switch the left and right side of the cables and putting the left in my right ear & vice versa really annoys me. I can't really get used to it

I guess I can just make the left side louder using sound settings on windows or channel balance on my DAP, but I'd prefer a new set for ease of mind

Jul 8, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #7,734 of 11,654
I think I'll attempt an RMA....

The fact that it's obvious enough to the point I can tell one side is louder even when I switch the left and right side of the cables and putting the left in my right ear & vice versa really annoys me. I can't really get used to it

I guess I can just make the left side louder using sound settings on windows or channel balance on my DAP, but I'd prefer a new set for ease of mind

I'd also recommend a RMA since I know they aren't supposed to have any issue, so you'd be better if you knew you had the full thing

BTW, I really like them (their sound). how about you?

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #7,735 of 11,654
I'd also recommend a RMA since I know they aren't supposed to have any issue, so you'd be better if you knew you had the full thing

BTW, I really like them (their sound). how about you?
They sound so good I was able to psychologically ignore this issue even though I felt something was slightly off. And since I just add 1 tick to the left side output in windows/my dap's volume control, its basically even. I dislike the concept of V shape sound signatures, and love mids so these are perfect for my personal preferences. Vocals are so full and clean that it makes everything else I listen to feel like its missing something

Not only do they sound good, they look super sexy. From the stainless steel housings to the stupidly expensive cable, I'm happier than I expected to be. I'm thinking of writing up a review to help others who are on the fence about them.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #7,736 of 11,654
They sound so good I was able to psychologically ignore this issue even though I felt something was slightly off. And since I just add 1 tick to the left side output in windows/my dap's volume control, its basically even. I dislike the concept of V shape sound signatures, and love mids so these are perfect for my personal preferences. Vocals are so full and clean that it makes everything else I listen to feel like its missing something

Not only do they sound good, they look super sexy. From the stainless steel housings to the stupidly expensive cable, I'm happier than I expected to be. I'm thinking of writing up a review to help others who are on the fence about them.

They are actually getting a lot of listening time from me while I'm at my PC due to their comfort and sound, which I agree, is kinda natural and lovely. I can work and have something playing with them, without the comfort nor the sound being distracting

I generally prefer V-shaped signatures like IE800, but having tons of treble doesn't help with work, it distracts, those are smoother, which helps me focus, being more musical, it is like an oil to my mind's enginge :)

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #7,737 of 11,654
Can anyone sell me on say a FA heaven V ? I generally listen to house music, hard rock, metal , classic rock..

I've never really owned a good pair of IEM , nor any with BA. My sources are portable devices (iphone7) , daps like shozy alien, and colorfly c10

I was narrowing my search to such IEMs in the same price range ( campfire audio, Audeze isine series and some noble etc..) however all are quite different.

The heaven series seem to fit what I'm after, although they look fragile(?)

any input would be excellent.. I somewhat want to get out of the big overear HP game as the weather where I live is so humid and hot :)

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #7,740 of 11,654
I gave the E5000 a listen yday and basically if you’re looking for an IEM that sounds warm, smooth, cohesive, and extremely musical and pleasant to the ears for $299, get it. Literally works with any genre. It’s also very lightweight and isolates fairly well.

It is, however, not an analytical IEM at all. There’s so much glue holding together all the frequencies (great extension and soundstage btw).

Also, I can’t really dissect the frequencies as it sounds extremely well balanced. Maybe a bit too bassy but the dynamic driver will settle down.

I really wanted to buy it (owner gave me a nice deal), but I settled with a EE Supra II as I’ve been eyeing it for months (last demo unit). Would have bought the E5000 100%. Will probably cross paths with the E5000 again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back