Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 8, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #7,651 of 11,644
Hello,

As I said before, I have some FAD E2000 and I am very happy with its sound, I love them.

I've never heard a BA, and from what I've read are the ideals for classical music, so I'm thinking about buying a Heaven II. I only listen to classical music.

Can someone please tell me if the Heaven II outperforms the E2000 in sound quality for this type of music? I will notice a lot of difference ?. Do it have more sound scene? Is it worth the change?

Thank you.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #7,652 of 11,644
Never heard the E2000 but can confirm that the Heaven II does rather well for classical. The mid-range is just great. In general, I do not not think the difference between BA and dynamic headphones is very pronounced in classical music, but with good tuning it can be better at layering and details retrieval which helps with orchestral recordings especially.

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #7,653 of 11,644
Anyone able to compare to the e5000 to the massdrop plus or dunu falcon c?

I'm looking to get something warm/bassy to complement my future andromedas (It'll take a while to save for them)

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #7,654 of 11,644
I haven't done a thorough comparison of the e4000 and e5000, They are both still going through burn-in. But upon a brief listen, e4000 seemed to have brighter highs. Not bright per-say, yet brighter. e5000 was warmer and smoother.

Apart from that, I can't say just now.

Against the Periodic Be, e5000 has fuller vocals, a more velvety, refined presentation. Be is a more "fun" sounding, with bigger bass and brighter highs. e5000 sounds quite a bit more natural, with a mature tonality.

It's been too many weeks since last I heard the IT01, but from memory, it is much brighter and more detail-oriented. Not as smooth, warm, or natural. Even more in the "fun" tuning than the Be.

If you put a gun to my head right now, I would take the e5000 over all of them. But that may be because of the newness of it. Yet I somehow doubt it. I think it's just the superior monitor. Though, I reserve the right to change my mind after further listening. :D

How's the isolation on the 4 and 5000? Interested in straighter barrel iems atm as I think they would fit my ear better than the over ear type monitors.

Thanks

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #7,656 of 11,644
How's the isolation on the 4 and 5000? Interested in straighter barrel iems atm as I think they would fit my ear better than the over ear type monitors.

Thanks

Isolation is excellent for a dynamic.

Jun 12, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #7,658 of 11,644
How wide are the nozzles on the E4000/5000? The 5000 measures beautifully, would love to hear it. I'd hate to purchase it though and it not be comfortable. My ear canals are on the smaller side, anything over 5mm (Spiral Dot - standard dynamic) isn't going to work. The ear tips do look like they protrude a bit forward which is a good sign. Someone listen to Lana Del Rey with the 5000 for me, if it makes you cry then we got a ball game.

Jun 12, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #7,660 of 11,644
The nozzles are quite small. In fact the spiral dots are a bit loose and do not get a tight fit. Smaller ear canals should be no problem at all, I can guarantee this. About the hiss, I could hear none whatsoever. These were one of the silentest phones I've heard. But I didn't try it with amps, etc. The E5000 does vocals very well.

Jun 12, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #7,665 of 11,644
Awesome, that means Spin Fits should be no problem. I see the included tips work similarly but at least I have another option. Looking forward to Pinky’s review though I’m tempted to pull the trigger already. I’m sick of treble getting in the way of my vocals..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back