Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 8, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #6,227 of 11,645
4k$ is really pushing it on the Lab2. I wonder if it sounds more like the Piano Forte Series or the Lab1. I was thoroughly unimpressed by the Lab1 at 1.5k.
piano forte series. If there is only 1 iem that stamps its mark for fad, its fibass

May 8, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #6,228 of 11,645
Being a big fan of the PF-X it's great to see a further development of this design. I have to look twice at the pictures to realise how complex the internal of the housing of the Fab II are. Listening to the PF-X now (Susan Wong) the mids are hard to beat, i hope the Fab II have a extended fq range (deeper bass / extended highs) and are better with a wider range of music styles. It's really cool to see what is possible with 3d metal printing :).

May 8, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #6,229 of 11,645
http://www.whathifi.com/news/final-audio-unveils-worlds-smallest-earphones-and-3d-printed-headphones

finalaudio_f7200.jpg

May 8, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #6,231 of 11,645
  Final Audio announces a new lineup featuring the "world's smallest earphones" at High End.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/final-audio-unveils-worlds-smallest-earphones-and-3d-printed-headphones

the F7200, which weighs 2g and mounts a balanced armature driver inside the stainless steel housing, will come with removable mmcx cable and will offer two different fits, both featuring a different sound

there will be two other sister models in this series of lineup (with a different housing material). expected release date is july with the price as stated above.

unboxing video i found on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCdGgzMzukg

internal housing of lab ii

prototypes of the different 3d printed titanium housing 

15mm dynamic driver

manufacturing process

labii was also featured at the show and it seems more or less confirmed that the price of lab ii will be usd$4000 and it will be in limited run expected to release in august.

regarding that 'smallest earphone': you could do that with the FIBASS as well, as it's just a single BA. i'm interested in hearing them.

regarding the lab ii: four. thousand. dollars. for a dynamic driver (no matter how you look at that, DD are very cheap to produce) in a fancy 3D printed housing. i really wonder what exactly makes it worth this much.
Sure there's research and development, labour, and whatnot, but no way that that can account to even $2000.

i wonder the same about the fibass too. i looked up the cost of the BA drivers and you can get them for about $10.

May 8, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #6,233 of 11,645

regarding that 'smallest earphone': you could do that with the FIBASS as well, as it's just a single BA. i'm interested in hearing them.

regarding the lab ii: four. thousand. dollars. for a dynamic driver (no matter how you look at that, DD are very cheap to produce) in a fancy 3D printed housing. i really wonder what exactly makes it worth this much.
Sure there's research and development, labour, and whatnot, but no way that that can account to even $2000.

i wonder the same about the fibass too. i looked up the cost of the BA drivers and you can get them for about $10.

the tuning. no iems can replicate fibass sound

May 9, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #6,235 of 11,645
Hi guys

Sorry to have to hijack the on going discussion. But I would like some feedback as I am unable to test the earphones myself due to my location. The context is as below.

I have been using the Heaven S for the past several years, however, due to circumstances, they no longer work - and a replacement has been offered to me. I can choose to replace them with either, Heaven V, Heaven V Aging or the Heaven VI. I've been spending quite a bit of time trying to read more on those particular IEMs but have been unable to make a decision. I generally listen to a lot of EDM and hardcore, so which would be a better fit? I do like my bass but not at the expense of the other sounds.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

May 9, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #6,236 of 11,645
  Hi guys

Sorry to have to hijack the on going discussion. But I would like some feedback as I am unable to test the earphones myself due to my location. The context is as below.

I have been using the Heaven S for the past several years, however, due to circumstances, they no longer work - and a replacement has been offered to me. I can choose to replace them with either, Heaven V, Heaven V Aging or the Heaven VI. I've been spending quite a bit of time trying to read more on those particular IEMs but have been unable to make a decision. I generally listen to a lot of EDM and hardcore, so which would be a better fit? I do like my bass but not at the expense of the other sounds.

heaven vi definitely without a doubt!

May 9, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #6,238 of 11,645
  Hi guys

I own Heaven V,VI,VIII

The Heaven VI is the one i would choose if i could only keep one of them...The V has a more neutral sound with decent soundstage but does often sound harsh with the
wrong genre....great with slow vocals and blues

The Heaven VI plays well for all genres for me...it is a little more mid centric than the others but also richer sounding

May 9, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #6,239 of 11,645
  I own Heaven V,VI,VIII

The Heaven VI is the one i would choose if i could only keep one of them...The V has a more neutral sound with decent soundstage but does often sound harsh with the
wrong genre....great with slow vocals and blues

The Heaven VI plays well for all genres for me...it is a little more mid centric than the others but also richer sounding

i agree with you with the vi.
the vi is the most nice sounding among all heaven series. the 7's more bassier on this part, but with more richer mids and more detailed.
however, i dont feel comfortable on the build of the 6's. 
i hate fad's flat cable.
hoping the newer iems from fads are more better in this regard.

May 9, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #6,240 of 11,645

i agree with you with the vi.
the vi is the most nice sounding among all heaven series. the 7's more bassier on this part, but with more richer mids and more detailed.
however, i dont feel comfortable on the build of the 6's. 
i hate fad's flat cable.
hoping the newer iems from fads are more better in this regard.

yes even tho i have the fibass, i always drop back to vi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back