Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 25, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #2,762 of 11,686
It is real. Laser engraving.
Wow, is that screen printing on your AK100 or some fancy photoshop work? I love it though either way!

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #2,763 of 11,686
Just for the way the PF IXs render the first two minutes of this 8-minute track the PFs are worth the price of admission: http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/01+Dancing+With+The+Moonlight+Knight/4lK5Tx?src=5 (...four 23-year-olds and a 22-year-old…....quite remarkable)

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #2,764 of 11,686
I can't wait for Autumn to arrive!
It is to hot here so I have to have my windows open all the time for ventilation, I live on a busy and noisy road, it is impossible to enjoy all the joys of my PF's with all this background noise so reluctantly I have put them in their case until it cools off enough to have my windows shut again!

Anyone else have this problem? I am going into withdrawal! :D

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #2,765 of 11,686
Quote:
I can't wait for Autumn to arrive!
It is to hot here so I have to have my windows open all the time for ventilation, I live on a busy and noisy road, it is impossible to enjoy all the joys of my PF's with all this background noise so reluctantly I have put them in their case until it cools off enough to have my windows shut again!

Anyone else have this problem? I am going into withdrawal!
biggrin.gif

Very, very hot in my neck of the woods (with the fan on all the time), but there are times when even with a fan on I just need my PF IX fix..... such as right now!

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #2,766 of 11,686
Quote:
Wow, is that screen printing on your AK100 or some fancy photoshop work? I love it though either way!

Quote:

Very nice. Is the mixed silver and gold coloration real or a product of the photo? It looks super cool.

It is the Mezzo Seprano modded Ak100. He decided to feature the X-CC on it as [size=medium]Mitsuru, product and marketing director of final audio design said it was the best he had ever heard them![/size]
Quote:
It is real. Laser engraving.

This is the genius behind it!

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #2,767 of 11,686
Quote:

It is the Mezzo Seprano modded Ak100. He decided to feature the X-CC on it as [size=medium]Mitsuru, product and marketing director of final audio design said it was the best he had ever heard them![/size]
This is the genius behind it!

I mean, is the mixed silver/gold/copper coloration of the X-CC themselves really as heterogeneous to the naked eye as it appears in your photo?

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #2,770 of 11,686
If anyone's interested here's my Heaven VI review, first FAD and colour me impressed

http://www.head-fi.org/t/674105/review-final-audio-design-heaven-vi

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2,771 of 11,686
Quote:

You can use small non-sealing silicon tips though, to help them sit a tiny bit better in your ears.

Hi James, I just wanted to offer my thanks again for letting me try these, I haven't had much time yet to listen but I really enjoyed the PF VIII when I tried them when I woke up in the middle of the night for an extended listening session a few days ago. It's hard to describe their sound and how enjoyable it is without sounding a bit pretentious, but that is exactly what led to this opportunity; one of the many contradictions in the FA sound.

The non-sealing tips above look interesting, I would be interested in trying something like that to hear how the sound is affected. When I get back to these (tonight) I will look through my tips again as I also looking for something to open up the Cardas a bit more. I had a chance to compare the two that evening and while they could be described as polar opposites I really enjoy both signatures.

One thing that surprised me is how well the PF VIII fit right into my ears, no tips just bare bones. I even shook my head around and I feel like I could ride a bike with these on no problem, and from a safety standpoint I really like the idea of biking around with such situational awareness. Not that I will attempt to do anything like that with your pair!

I haven't had a chance to try the 1601SB yet, they don't have a PF designation? Anyways looking forward to those as well tonight, more to come of course
smile.gif

Quote:
Here's some more bragging on the Heaven V/VI:

When I go to sleep, I often times listen my my "lush" mix of ambient, orchestral, trip-hop and the like. I have all my headphones at my disposal. I can listen to anything I want. Over and over and over again, I keep coming back to Heaven. They have an absorbing and engaging quality that immerses you in the music like nothing else quite has. It's like a Piano Forte, but for all genres of music. If only they had a touch more refinement, they would be the only IEM I ever listen to. As it is, I listen to my Heaven stuff more than anything else, that's for sure. The HD800 is definitely enjoyable and immersive in its soundstage and detail, but it still doesn't reach out with its warm hands and massage your brain with lush euphoria. 

I kind of wish I had never found this thread, it's going to be horrible for my wallet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
woodcans, you are on a frickin roll.

x3, keep em coming!

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #2,772 of 11,686
Quote:

Hi James, I just wanted to offer my thanks again for letting me try these, I haven't had much time yet to listen but I really enjoyed the PF VIII when I tried them when I woke up in the middle of the night for an extended listening session a few days ago. It's hard to describe their sound and how enjoyable it is without sounding a bit pretentious, but that is exactly what led to this opportunity; one of the many contradictions in the FA sound.

The non-sealing tips above look interesting, I would be interested in trying something like that to hear how the sound is affected. When I get back to these (tonight) I will look through my tips again as I also looking for something to open up the Cardas a bit more. I had a chance to compare the two that evening and while they could be described as polar opposites I really enjoy both signatures.

One thing that surprised me is how well the PF VIII fit right into my ears, no tips just bare bones. I even shook my head around and I feel like I could ride a bike with these on no problem, and from a safety standpoint I really like the idea of biking around with such situational awareness. Not that I will attempt to do anything like that with your pair!

I haven't had a chance to try the 1601SB yet, they don't have a PF designation? Anyways looking forward to those as well tonight, more to come of course
smile.gif

Hi grokit, thanks for your first impressions and glad you're enjoying the PFVIII.
smile_phones.gif

The 1601 series came out before FAD started calling their dynamic driver line Piano Forte, so there's just the "1601" and "SB" for brass. The 1601 stay far less securely than the 1602 (PF) in my ears and have a tendency to slip or tilt and sometimes angle oddly against my canals. That's where those small non-sealing silicons come in, which on the one hand act as spacers to make the phones stay more centrally in the canal and on the other hand provide a bit of friction, so they're slightly less prone to slipping out. From my experience any small silicon tips that you can slide onto the nozzle will do the trick and not impair the sound, as long as they don't seal the canal.

Jul 27, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #2,775 of 11,686
Woaw, the laser printing looks great! I should do it for my AK100 too =D

You have to actually get the one with internal mods as well, it's much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back