Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 28, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #2,776 of 11,686
I can't wait for Autumn to arrive!
It is to hot here so I have to have my windows open all the time for ventilation, I live on a busy and noisy road, it is impossible to enjoy all the joys of my PF's with all this background noise so reluctantly I have put them in their case until it cools off enough to have my windows shut again!

Anyone else have this problem? I am going into withdrawal! :D

You might try using a couple of party hats!

Source: http://cheezburger.com/1461269248

Mike

Jul 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #2,777 of 11,686
What are you like Mike! :D

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,778 of 11,686
Well, I am travelling in asia during the moment and grabbed a pair of pf viiis for myself.
It's one unique piece of instrument for sure. I haven't seen/heard anything quite like it before. 

They aren't quite the detail monsters but they do have some of the best soundstage and imaging I have heard on iems. I find them pretty unforgiving on poorly recorded materials but I don't know if they are just unforgiving or that the unique sound signature just doesn't cope with certain songs. However listening to Pink Floyd's Echoes and Wish You Were Here sounds great, the guitars are very thick and the imaging is phenomenal.

Build quality is great, the finish looks very gorgeous. The whole line looks like they are designed more for the eyes than the ears. The cable on the other hand, does not look very durable and is a concern for me; the thin and weak design makes me think they are going to snap anytime now especially when there is a heavy earpiece dangling on the other end.

I'm asking if anyone can recommend me some songs or genres that goes well with the viiis?

airo

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #2,781 of 11,686
I might as well add another album recommendation, one of the absolutely best suited I've heard for the FAD 1601 and 1602 / PFs:

Liz Green - O, Devotion!

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #2,782 of 11,686
^   Brilliant tracks, James!! EXCELLENT music! Absolutely wonderful with the 160Xs (tried them with my 1601s). Just ordered the album — thanks!!

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #2,783 of 11,686
So, our sometimes impatient grumpy sparrow couldn't wait two days to find out what extra goodies Liz Green's album had in store for him (he listened to James' links above four times). So, our favourite and always awfully charming fellow HF'er went ahead and listened to the whole album on Spotify — what a beautifully crafted album: EXCELLENT music, FINE lyrics, and, to top it off, great sonics, too. Ms Green has such a peculiar and absolutely brilliant voice — what a talent! Just over 40 minutes of music (unthinkable these days for a new album / CD release), this is most definitely 40 minutes of quality music — who wants 60-74 mins of mostly mediocre / rubbish  / meaningless / empty 'music', or pleeeeenty of filler material?

Thanks again, James!! (Indeed this album is meant to be heard through the 160Xs)

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #2,785 of 11,686
Quote:

Oh, and btw...

Gotcha!  
ksc75smile.gif

Oh, that...

I believe that was another music_4321 (or perhaps another james444!)

Jul 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #2,786 of 11,686
Ian, do yourself a favour and get Liz Green's album.

(Guess Amazon realised how much I was looking forward to getting this album, so they decided to deliver it a day earlier)

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #2,788 of 11,686
sonny, please be fast! Can't wait for the Heaven 6 to reach my ears!

Btw, admiring all those wonderful albums over there. Wish they were available here in my place too! Couldn't find the right poison to feed my PF.

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #2,789 of 11,686
Ian, do yourself a favour and get Liz Green's album.

(Guess Amazon realised how much I was looking forward to getting this album, so they decided to deliver it a day earlier)

Will do mate!

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #2,790 of 11,686
Wow, my pf viii gets dirty really quick. Half of the brass shell has already been covered with my fingerprints. It also seems like a pain to get them off, ive tried to wipe them off with a microfibre cloth and no luck. Seems like i need to buy me some metal cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back