Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 12, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #4,891 of 4,965
D8000 with G-Pads is the best sound I've experienced without any EQ in any headphone I've owned so far.

D8000 Pro with F pads has a touch more bass than with stock's G pads and less brightness but D8K is far superior with the G-Pads

I am gonna sell the H Pads in Europe, they have less than 5 hours of use, send PM if you're interested before I publish them!
Oh ok. The H pads weren’t a hit with you. What didn’t you like about them? Thanks in advance, my friend.

May 12, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #4,892 of 4,965
Oh ok. The H pads weren’t a hit with you. What didn’t you like about them? Thanks in advance, my friend.
I don't like the sound out of em with D8K, found em lacking the bass they are famous for and kinda as 'bright' as the D8KP. Comfort wise, the best pads 101%

I didn't even waste time trying them with D8KP but of course that's me!

May 12, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #4,893 of 4,965
It just shows you how everyone’s perception is different, especially yours 😃

I think you might be the first to say the pro with F pads would have more bass than the OG.
Ken my good man. There has to be a first for everything. 😉

May 12, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #4,894 of 4,965
I don't like the sound out of em with D8K, found em lacking the bass they are famous for and kinda as 'bright' as the D8KP. Comfort wise, the best pads 101%

Jośe. I forget. You (own) have both the pro and original D8K or just the one? You’ve tried obviously both, but I can’t remember if you own both or not.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #4,895 of 4,965
Jośe. I forget. You (own) have both the pro and original D8K or just the one? You’ve tried obviously both, but I can’t remember if you own both or not.
Yup I have D8KP and D8K and I've tried D8KP with F and G pads and D8K with F, H and G pads

For me the clear winner is D8K with G pads with the ability to have something closer to D8KP using H pads and a darker headphone with a super big bass using F pads haha

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #4,896 of 4,965

You know. You’ve inspired me to slap on the G pads. It has been a while. 😊

May 12, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #4,897 of 4,965
You know. You’ve inspired me to slap on the G pads. It has been a while. 😊
Yo Neph,

It takes 2 minutes to replace the pads when you learn how to remove them and you have 2 sound profiles for an extra 100€ :p

Totally worth it

May 12, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #4,898 of 4,965
Yup I have D8KP and D8K and I've tried D8KP with F and G pads and D8K with F, H and G pads

For me the clear winner is D8K with G pads with the ability to have something closer to D8KP using H pads and a darker headphone with a super big bass using F pads haha
Very cool impressions. For me the biggest difference between the pro and the original D8K is width and depth. The D8K pro is wider sounding. The OG has more depth. Bass is tighter on the pro. OG has more thump and impact though.
Amazing trade offs and I can see why people such as yourself choose to own both. Comes down to difference in sound preferences. One headphone isn’t really better than the other. 😎

May 12, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #4,899 of 4,965
Very cool impressions. For me the biggest difference between the pro and the original D8K is width and depth. The D8K pro is wider sounding. The OG has more depth. Bass is tighter on the pro. OG has more thump and impact though.
Amazing trade offs and I can see why people such as yourself choose to own both. Comes down to difference in sound preferences. One headphone isn’t really better than the other. 😎
Absolutely, I could live with D8KP using my own EQ based on D8K's FR but at the price I got the OG it was a no brainer. And money has no meaning if you don't use it to enjoy what you love the most

There is never anything negative about this hobby, it's what I like the most

May 12, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #4,900 of 4,965

Sound really is subjective, I agree that G pads make it more unique but the H pads comfort makes it hard for me to change out of it. I keep trying to find other headphones but the d8k will never leave my collection even with the new addition of the susvara. I hear the first impressions of the x8000 in the munich show is really great so that may the only thing that can supplant it for me.

May 12, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #4,901 of 4,965
Yo Neph,

It takes 2 minutes to replace the pads when you learn how to remove them and you have 2 sound profiles for an extra 100€ :p

Totally worth it
Oh I know my friend. They are easy to put on. I have no problem with it and I’ve spared no expense. I have all the pads for the original D8K. It is my favorite headphone, my friend. I certainly can understand why the company is called Final Audio. Lol. Best flagship I’ve ever owned.

May 12, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #4,902 of 4,965
Sound really is subjective, I agree that G pads make it more unique but the H pads comfort makes it hard for me to change out of it. I keep trying to find other headphones but the d8k will never leave my collection even with the new addition of the susvara. I hear the first impressions of the x8000 in the munich show is really great so that may the only thing that can supplant it for me.
Precisely how I feel. The D8K I will never sell. It is a permanent fixture in my headphone world. Any headphone I buy next will be complementary to it. I have no expectations of another headphone to beat it in every regard. I think that is unrealistic.

May 12, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #4,903 of 4,965
Absolutely, I could live with D8KP using my own EQ based on D8K's FR but at the price I got the OG it was a no brainer. And money has no meaning if you don't use it to enjoy what you love the most

There is never anything negative about this hobby, it's what I like the most
Very well said. In the last couple of years I’ve strongly taken what you’ve just said to heart. I did some really great things and made some good changes to achieve better sound. All worth it. 😎

May 13, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #4,904 of 4,965
Yup whatever works for you it's gonna be the best and always knowing that you can switch the pads at anytime plus having the Susvara it will only make the experience better

I am genuinely interested in the x8000 since the name and prototype's pic was published over here a while ago...

May 13, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #4,905 of 4,965
It takes 2 minutes to replace the pads when you learn how to remove them
I also needed less than 2 minutes to remove them and the next 20 minutes to place the new ones. :)
How can you do everything in two minutes??

I'd like to know because I don't intend to change them any time soon. :)
I was very careful when doing so; perhaps I shouldn't be.

Hmm, from what I am reading about the H pads and the sound, I probably won't ever have the desire to do that.

I like the G pads a lot!

Cheers!

P.S. Do you have another HA-6A for 1.6K? :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back