Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 24, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #4,936 of 4,999
I would give asking Final directly a shot.

I once had issues with my XBA-Z5 and Sony offered me a new pair for 50% discount. I heard Hifiman does the same thing with >80% discount.

I once had issues with my Moondrop KATO and i just received a new pair for free (without the need of shipping the old one back).

4000$ is totally out of question
That’s $4000 Australian. That’s about 2600 US.

May 24, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #4,940 of 4,999
When you say damaged. What exactly do you mean? What do you think happened?

Cheers!
The sound would stop working on one side. Every time it stopped working I would need to re-plug the cable into the connector on the earcup and then it would work again.

I took it to a authorised repair center but they said Final wouldn't supply spare parts to units not under warranty. After that I asked the distributor to talk to Final and got the quote.

I think the connection was damaged trying to disassemble the earcup, it's really thin bit of plastic covered metal that crimps onto the cable socket - see vid on YT:

D8000 Manufacturing process

May 24, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #4,941 of 4,999
I tried a few times - no response. I went through the Aus distributor and was offered a repair at $4.1k aud (new pair is currently $4.6k aud lol)
They are pretty bad. I got lucky that I got a hold of somebody here. It just so happens that Final audio distributor is also the Cayin distributor for the USA as well and I knew him from that.

May 24, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #4,943 of 4,999
Cheers - final didn't reply.

I finally opened the headphones however the connection between the planar driver and cable input has been damaged - looks too fragile to be re soldered sadly.
I get ya. Sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope that Final can take care of you with in a reasonable time frame. Again. Keep us posted. We all love these headphones and of course if something goes wrong with them we need to learn from others the best means of being able to get them fixed.
Wishing you good service, my friend.

May 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #4,944 of 4,999
I get ya. Sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope that Final can take care of you with in a reasonable time frame. Again. Keep us posted. We all love these headphones and of course if something goes wrong with them we need to learn from others the best means of being able to get them fixed.
Wishing you good service, my friend.
Cheers - that's the thing with the d8k, no other pair comes close sonically 🙂

May 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #4,945 of 4,999
Final has designed the D-8000 to be incredibly serviceable by having separate and replaceable parts. However I think you gotta go to Final directly. Whatever country your in you gotta ask the dealer for final to contact them directly. If you try to send them an email for service request they will not contact you. Final’s direct customer service is very disappointing to me. I’ve tried many times to try and contact them and with pretty basic questions I might add, but they never once got back to me.
From my experience you gotta go through a middle man to contact them.
I hope others here can maybe prove me wrong?
Anyhow. Try contacting your Final Audio dealer/distributor.
Also. Please maybe let us know for sure in the future if this process works. ✌️
What if I bought them in Japan? Can I service them in USA ?

May 24, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #4,946 of 4,999
I made my peace with the driver cost, I love the d8k so much that if something happens with the driver, I will most likely just buy another pair pre-owned. I feel less stress when using my susvara because the drivers are pretty cheap.

May 24, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #4,947 of 4,999
What if I bought them in Japan? Can I service them in USA ?
They go back to Japan regardless of where you get them from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back