Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 13, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #4,906 of 4,965
I also needed less than 2 minutes to remove them and the next 20 minutes to place the new ones. :)
How can you do everything in two minutes??

I'd like to know because I don't intend to change them any time soon. :)
I was very careful when doing so; perhaps I shouldn't be.

Hmm, from what I am reading about the H pads and the sound, I probably won't ever have the desire to do that.

I like the G pads a lot!

Cheers!

P.S. Do you have another HA-6A for 1.6K? :ksc75smile:
Hi there sir,

I could record a video doing it, extremely simple, you just follow the metal guides right below the inputs and rotate gently so they just get in place by themselves ^^

d8000.jpg

If you get H pads at a nice price I think it's worth trying them, in fact I think I'll keep mine and give them a second chance......... But G pads are amazing indeed

I don't plan selling my second unit as it is TOTALLY endgame but you could find units at that price for sure, I really recommend you!

Cheers~

May 13, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #4,907 of 4,965
I also needed less than 2 minutes to remove them and the next 20 minutes to place the new ones. :)

Hmm, from what I am reading about the H pads and the sound, I probably won't ever have the desire to do that.

I like the G pads a lot!

Cheers!

Ok fine. Its 5 minutes. Lol.

May 13, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #4,908 of 4,965
You know guys. I’m gonna take off the H-Pads and put on the originals. It has been over a year since I put them on. I’m also gonna leave the original pads on for 1 week to further my impressions more accurately.
They made the “F” type pads for a reason and I now want to refresh my memory as to why that is. I remember the bass being more boomy with a deeper sub bass extension, but in any case. I’m due. F pads it is.

Oh my god. I just realized I’ll have to take 5 minutes out of my day to put them on. 🤯
H-pads it is….lol…just kidding.

May 13, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #4,909 of 4,965
If you get H pads at a nice price I think it's worth trying them, in fact I think I'll keep mine and give them a second chance......... But G pads are amazing indeed

I don't plan selling my second unit as it is TOTALLY endgame but you could find units at that price for sure, I really recommend you!
Thank you for responding, Jose.
I followed that procedure, but that gentle turning didn't work.

The part that was already in would slip out whenever I started rotating. :)
I will check that sewing line; it is probably not where you suggested it should be.

I might try H pads, but if they make the bass weaker, then I wouldn't want that.
I love D8000's signature a lot.

Hmm, my wife just ordered HA-6A...from a vendor in Spain; what a coincidence. :)

So, I might not need that offer/demand after all. :)

Cheers!

May 13, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #4,910 of 4,965
You know guys. I’m gonna take off the H-Pads and put on the originals. It has been over a year since I put them on. I’m also gonna leave the original pads on for 1 week to further my impressions more accurately.
They made the “F” type pads for a reason and I now want to refresh my memory as to why that is. I remember the bass being more boomy with a deeper sub bass extension, but in any case. I’m due. F pads it is.

Oh my god. I just realized I’ll have to take 5 minutes out of my day to put them on. 🤯
H-pads it is….lol…just kidding.
It’s just the opposite. You lose that bass and the music sounds thinner. That’s the whole reason why people put the G pads on. The H pads gives you a good balance, and they are comfortable.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #4,911 of 4,965
It’s just the opposite. You lose that bass with the F pads, It’s just the opposite. You lose that bass and the music sounds thinner. That’s the whole reason why people put the G pads on. The H pads gives you a good balance, and they are comfortable.
I swear I felt big """bit bloated/boomy""" bass with the F pads, I will try again tho. G pads are amazing indeed, better than H to me at least

Thank you for responding, Jose.
I followed that procedure, but that gentle turning didn't work.

The part that was already in would slip out whenever I started rotating. :)
I will check that sewing line; it is probably not where you suggested it should be.

I might try H pads, but if they make the bass weaker, then I wouldn't want that.
I love D8000's signature a lot.

Hmm, my wife just ordered HA-6A...from a vendor in Spain; what a coincidence. :)

So, I might not need that offer/demand after all. :)

Cheers!
You're welcome my friend,

I'm sure when you replace them a few more times you will get 100% the trick out of it ^^

The sewing line makes sense, it has reason to exist, You can feel the air holes inside the pad and also around the driver of the D8K, they align to work at its best (I think)

Not weaker at all, I'd say tighter but not weaker

Your wife is amazing, take big care of her

Cheers :heart:

May 13, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #4,912 of 4,965
May 13, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #4,913 of 4,965
please share... I'd like to know that EQ pro-file. 🫲
There you go,

One of them "transforms" D8KP into D8K, I made this comparing both FR and adjusting accordingly, play with the bass as you please and adjust preamp if you raise bass

The other one is the one I used to use, kinda basshead one and less bright. Reduce bass if too much and adjust preamp as well

I hope you like them,
José

Attachments

• D8KP EQs.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #4,914 of 4,965
I swear I felt big """bit bloated/boomy""" bass with the F pads, I will try again tho. G pads are amazing indeed, better than H to me at least

You're welcome my friend,

I'm sure when you replace them a few more times you will get 100% the trick out of it ^^

The sewing line makes sense, it has reason to exist, You can feel the air holes inside the pad and also around the driver of the D8K, they align to work at its best (I think)

Not weaker at all, I'd say tighter but not weaker

Your wife is amazing, take big care of her

Cheers :heart:
The G pads make it sound bloated and boomy.

May 13, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #4,916 of 4,965
The G pads make it sound bloated and boomy.
Some folks say that Sony MDR Z1R to their hearing are warm-sounding headphones.

The sound with G pads is very thick and tight.
If you hear D8000 with G pads, bloated and boomy, I suggest immediately changing the amp, DAC, or both.

I am using Auris HA-2 SF and Musical Fidelity m6x DAC...

Cheers!

May 13, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #4,917 of 4,965

I like the G pads a lot!

Cheers!

FWIW, I found replacing my D8K's F pads with G pads was the most difficult pad swap I ever did. That's for two reason (the first is weird):
  1. These earpads have the foam inner ring kind of loosely rolled into the pad's fabric, the dimensions of which seem wider than usual. Jostling & stretching the pads (as one has to do) can de-center the foam ring, so that the entire pad warps
  2. The amt of thin polyester pad fabric that goes behind that metal guide is more than any other pad I've seen, probably 1/2" to 3/4" of fabric. So the pad, once installed, can be moved around and too readily repositioned against the earcup. Given that the damping system of the D8K utilizes the entire earpad, fabric and foam alike, this imprecision is kind of alarming. I ended up quite unsure I had the pads just so against the earpads.
It's nerve-wracking. I'm looking forward to hearing the H pads, but kind of dreading installing them (and I've installed pads dozens of times on other headphones).

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #4,918 of 4,965
It's nerve-wracking.
Hahaha, that's how I felt after replacing mine. If my wife didn't assist me in holding the cups, it would be even more nerve-wracking for me. :)
But Jose said that after a few changes, you can get a grip, and it will be a smoother job.

So you are on your second change...it should be a bit easier. :)

May 13, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #4,919 of 4,965
Well I got the day off today from work so….

Swapped out the “H” Pads finally and returned to the “F” pads for a delightful and extended listening time.
Main characteristics for the “F” pads is that they highlight what makes the D-8000 sound unique. The F pads give more thump and slam in the bass. The mid range is more forward sounding than the H pads. The H pads make the D-8000 sound wider with more refined upper registers including aspects of the treble. The F pads give a deeper, more cavernous sound than the H-pads. Overall. One experience isn’t better than the other. Pads usually come down to tuning preferences. Not a better or worse scenario. It is about what you like and right now I’m really digging the F pads. Definitely have more respect for why these are labeled as the stock pads for the D-8000. The Final Audio team has a great engineering mind set and the fact that you can roll 3 different pads with the D-8000 and get terrific tuning results either way is just amazing.
I’m gonna leave the F pads on for a couple weeks and just enjoy what I’m hearing. 🤑
Then go to the G-pads.

Attachments

• IMG_8026.jpeg
    IMG_8026.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8025.jpeg
    IMG_8025.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
May 13, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #4,920 of 4,965
FWIW, I found replacing my D8K's F pads with G pads was the most difficult pad swap I ever did. That's for two reason (the first is weird):
  1. These earpads have the foam inner ring kind of loosely rolled into the pad's fabric, the dimensions of which seem wider than usual. Jostling & stretching the pads (as one has to do) can de-center the foam ring, so that the entire pad warps
  2. The amt of thin polyester pad fabric that goes behind that metal guide is more than any other pad I've seen, probably 1/2" to 3/4" of fabric. So the pad, once installed, can be moved around and too readily repositioned against the earcup. Given that the damping system of the D8K utilizes the entire earpad, fabric and foam alike, this imprecision is kind of alarming. I ended up quite unsure I had the pads just so against the earpads.
It's nerve-wracking. I'm looking forward to hearing the H pads, but kind of dreading installing them (and I've installed pads dozens of times on other headphones).
I assure you my friend. It is not difficult. The H pads are actually the easiest to install because of their thicker and denser material.
They also don’t have that hard outer ring to support the seal/positioning like both the G and F pads.
H pads offer a nice alternative tuning. I think you’ll appreciate them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back