Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 25, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #4,952 of 4,999
They go back to Japan regardless of where you get them from.
I think that is the case, however maybe some notable distributors from the USA like say Audio 46 could have direct answers to this.

May 25, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #4,953 of 4,999
I own all 3 pad types for the D8000 line of headphones. Why is changing the pads so difficult? I'm terrified of ripping the pads while trying to put them on.
I may be one of the few on here that find the pad changing incredibly easy. It really is not that bad. The material is meant to stretch a bit on the inside liner so you can take them off. When Putting them on you apply a little bit of pressure when your twisting them on past the metal groove service.

May 25, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #4,954 of 4,999
I think that is the case, however maybe some notable distributors from the USA like say Audio 46 could have direct answers to this.
I already stated above that they go back to Japan, at least if you’re in the United States. I sent mine back to the US distributor in December, they sent to the Japan, I got them back about seven weeks later.

It doesn’t matter where you buy them in the United States. If you have an issue and need to be repaired, they go to Final Audio in Florida and then from there to Japan, and then back to Florida and then to you.

May 25, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #4,955 of 4,999
The $4000 quote was from final via the local Australian importer.

When I contacted final directly from their web page they never replied.

Cheers
in your place, that would be the last time i'd ever buy an product from that company.

The 4000$ are a joke and that they just ignore your request when you write them directly is absolutely not acceptable for an product with that price point.

May 25, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #4,956 of 4,999
I already stated above that they go back to Japan, at least if you’re in the United States. I sent mine back to the US distributor in December, they sent to the Japan, I got them back about seven weeks later.

It doesn’t matter where you buy them in the United States. If you have an issue and need to be repaired, they go to Final Audio in Florida and then from there to Japan, and then back to Florida and then to you.
Gotcha Ken! Thank you. I read your comment after I posted mine to the gentleman. Sorry about that. Appreciate you relaying your experiences. What ended up being wrong with your D-8000?

May 25, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #4,957 of 4,999
Gotcha Ken! Thank you. I read your comment after I posted mine to the gentleman. Sorry about that. Appreciate you relaying your experiences. What ended up being wrong with your D-8000?
No problem.

The left driver stopped working. I have a feeling that it was the socket that the cable termination sat in. I was actually the third owner and it had looked a little hinky when I got it.

So even though they needed to replace the one side, they do replace both regardless.

May 25, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #4,958 of 4,999
No problem.

The left driver stopped working. I have a feeling that it was the socket that the cable termination sat in. I was actually the third owner and it had looked a little hinky when I got it.

So even though they needed to replace the one side, they do replace both regardless.
Ok. So it was more to do with the cable socket and it wasn’t complete driver failure. That happens more commonly with regards to typical repairs with headphones. Nice that they replaced both! Love that. No shortcuts.
Thanks for telling me. Also I’m not naive. Nothing lasts forever, so I feel the need to probe others on their experiences with headphone repair. Thanks again.

May 25, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #4,959 of 4,999
Ok. So it was more to do with the cable socket and it wasn’t complete driver failure. That happens more commonly with regards to typical repairs with headphones. Nice that they replaced both! Love that. No shortcuts.
Thanks for telling me. Also I’m not naive. Nothing lasts forever, so I feel the need to probe others on their experiences with headphone repair. Thanks again.
I have no idea what it actually was. I just know that it seems to me that was the issue. On the other hand, they told me they couldn’t find anything wrong with it but replaced it anyway.

May 25, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #4,960 of 4,999
Can't wait for final to pull out a 10 year warranty out for the first owners like Abyss.

Have you thought about bringing them to an electronic repair shop ? They do insane soldering on laptops all the time, they might be able to do something for 200/300 bucks

May 27, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #4,961 of 4,999
Yes it is. Listening quieter, or selling headphones :)
I waited months to reply to this post, lol. When I bought the D8000, my main concern was the rattling problem. When I got them, I didn’t have an amp, just a DAC, so everything sounded okay. I had some occasional rattle here and there, but I thought it was just bad mixing since the music I listen to is mostly not mainstream with huge mixing budgets. Later, I got a Hugo 2, and damn, the headphones started to rattle hard, especially with filters. Live music like rock and jazz was fine for the most part, but techno with deeper bass was so bad that you could hear the rattle from the outside.

So, I contacted Final Audio first—no response. Then I contacted the seller (audition6.de; can't recommend him enough) and he agreed to help. I shipped the headphones to him, and he arranged for them to be fixed in Japan. They were shipped around January 25th and I just received them back today. During that time, there was zero communication from Final Audio. Moreover, I received the headphones without the original black cable I shipped them with, so I'm stuck with that ugly silver one for 3.5mm. I'm not expecting to get the original back at this point. Fortunately, I made a DIY 4.4mm cable to use with a PW Audio adapter.

The whole Final Audio support experience left me a bit salty. You just can't ignore people who paid a hefty amount for headphones and received a faulty product. If not for the seller, I would be in a bad spot since none of my emails were replied to.

Anyway, on the bright side, the headphones don't seem to have the rattling problem anymore for the most part. The previous ones started to rattle at the blue territory, which isn't even 50% of what Hugo 2 can provide. All in all, it was quite a wait, but finally, I can get back to listening to music again. Jumping from Beyerdynamics back to the D8000 Pro felt kind of insane, not gonna lie. So yeah, if you still have a warranty, it is worth the hassle to fix the rattle, especially if you listen to bass-rich music.

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #4,962 of 4,999
I waited months to reply to this post, lol. When I bought the D8000, my main concern was the rattling problem. When I got them, I didn’t have an amp, just a DAC, so everything sounded okay. I had some occasional rattle here and there, but I thought it was just bad mixing since the music I listen to is mostly not mainstream with huge mixing budgets. Later, I got a Hugo 2, and damn, the headphones started to rattle hard, especially with filters. Live music like rock and jazz was fine for the most part, but techno with deeper bass was so bad that you could hear the rattle from the outside.

So, I contacted Final Audio first—no response. Then I contacted the seller (audition6.de; can't recommend him enough) and he agreed to help. I shipped the headphones to him, and he arranged for them to be fixed in Japan. They were shipped around January 25th and I just received them back today. During that time, there was zero communication from Final Audio. Moreover, I received the headphones without the original black cable I shipped them with, so I'm stuck with that ugly silver one for 3.5mm. I'm not expecting to get the original back at this point. Fortunately, I made a DIY 4.4mm cable to use with a PW Audio adapter.

The whole Final Audio support experience left me a bit salty. You just can't ignore people who paid a hefty amount for headphones and received a faulty product. If not for the seller, I would be in a bad spot since none of my emails were replied to.

Anyway, on the bright side, the headphones don't seem to have the rattling problem anymore. I pushed them to Hugo 2's white color territory and they seem to be fine. The previous ones started to rattle at the blue territory, which isn't even 50% of what Hugo 2 can provide. All in all, it was quite a wait, but finally, I can get back to listening to music again. Jumping from Beyerdynamics back to the D8000 Pro felt kind of insane, not gonna lie. So yeah, if you still have a warranty, it is worth the hassle to fix the rattle, especially if you listen to bass-rich music.

IMG_2190.jpg
What country are you in? I sent an email to Final audio Audio on a Sunday and they responded back on Wednesday or Thursday. I think they told me it would take three or four weeks for me to get them back, but it ended up being about seven weeks.

May 27, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #4,963 of 4,999
What country are you in? I sent an email to Final audio Audio on a Sunday and they responded back on Wednesday or Thursday. I think they told me it would take three or four weeks for me to get them back, but it ended up being about seven weeks.
I'm in Lithuania and purchased the headphones from Germany. They were fixed through the wholesaler. I probably sent Final Audio three emails: first asking about the problem and later asking about the repair status. The seller had no clue either. He received the headphones along with a batch of new products from them, so he had as much information about the repair status as I did.

May 27, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #4,964 of 4,999
I'm in Lithuania and purchased the headphones from Germany. They were fixed through the wholesaler. I probably sent Final Audio three emails: first asking about the problem and later asking about the repair status. The seller had no clue either. He received the headphones along with a batch of new products from them, so he had as much information about the repair status as I did.
Gotcha. I’m in the USA. Even though it did go relatively smooth for me, the guy who is the US distributor said that Final or Audio in Japan is it necessary the best at communicating

May 27, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #4,965 of 4,999
Yeah, Final kinda suck at communicating. I had to harassed them to RMA my headphone under warranty because I'm in EU and the original distributor in the US don't do international customers (Headphones.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back