Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Aug 29, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #931 of 4,965
Its a great cable If i needed a new cable I'd easily purchase another tonekraft cable. They require some burn in, probably a good 10 hours before you notice what can the tonekraft truly sound like. In comparison vs the d8000 pro SE sound quality they are neck to neck. And the weight on these are so light, so thats a big plus.

20200824_165126.jpg
Wow, so the Tonekraft are comparable to the C093 SPC cable? That's amazing considering that cable costs almost twice the Tonekraft cable.
I'm actually using AudioEnvy's power cord and XLR interconnects. Those are already amazing but I didn't know they did headphone cables as well. Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Sep 9, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #933 of 4,965
How do you change the pads on D8000? it feels like the pads and headphone cups are glued together

The rear of the earpad has a rubber lip that attaches to the frame, just start at one point and slowly pull the pad away and you will then see it is pretty easy to remove.

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #937 of 4,965
B89A77F5-2EF1-4B69-9DCF-F6339059343E.jpeg

Not the greatest picture, but this should be helpful. Grab the earpad as I have and slowly pull it away from the earcup. Once you have loosened the top, the rest will come off easily.

Sep 10, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #938 of 4,965
Thank you very much. It worked. I just needed to gave it a bit more force. Do you know if the cable that came with the headphone are balanced? I put the default 3.5mm cable with a 4 pin XLR converter attached into the balanced XLR output, it didn't work.

Sep 10, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #939 of 4,965
Thank you very much. It worked. I just needed to gave it a bit more force. Do you know if the cable that came with the headphone are balanced? I put the default 3.5mm cable with a 4 pin XLR converter attached into the balanced XLR output, it didn't work.

No, the included cables are single-ended. Final offers upgraded SPC cables which can be terminated to an XLR balanced (4.4mm & 2.5mm as well). The 1.5m balanced sells for $529 and the 3m cables sells for $679, I believe.

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #940 of 4,965
I have a local cable builder reterminating my 3m cable into a 4 Pin XLR. He will snip the last 20cm off, stick on a 4 pin XLR, and then use the 6.5mm short length for a interconnect (female XLR to 6.5mm).

The cable looks like it should be ok. Unless they combined the grounds in the split for some bizarre reason. We're both assuming the grounds combine down at the jack, given the braid structure.

I'll have it back next week, let you know how it goes. Its the cheapest way out for sure!

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #941 of 4,965
Its a great cable If i needed a new cable I'd easily purchase another tonekraft cable. They require some burn in, probably a good 10 hours before you notice what can the tonekraft truly sound like. In comparison vs the d8000 pro SE sound quality they are neck to neck. And the weight on these are so light, so thats a big plus.

20200824_165126.jpg
Captain does indeed make great sounding cables and it looks like he is using a better looking sheathing. Do you happen to know what make the 3.5mm locking plugs are?

Sep 15, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #942 of 4,965
FYI regarding the back Final cables.

I had a cable maker convert to XLR for me. This is what he had to say about the inner setup;

"The insulation on these cables is as thick as anything. Buried deep inside is the type of wire you would find in a standard pair of IEMs with fixed cables.

It’s very thin, and near impossible to work with, but it is Litz wire, so detail should be pretty okay."
Interesting!

Sep 15, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #943 of 4,965
FYI regarding the back Final cables.

I had a cable maker convert to XLR for me. This is what he had to say about the inner setup;

"The insulation on these cables is as thick as anything. Buried deep inside is the type of wire you would find in a standard pair of IEMs with fixed cables.

It’s very thin, and near impossible to work with, but it is Litz wire, so detail should be pretty okay."
Interesting!
Are you talking about the regular cable, or about the silver cable which comes with the Pro version?

Sep 15, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #944 of 4,965
Are you talking about the regular cable, or about the silver cable which comes with the Pro version?
I suppose, he is talking about the regular black cable (which is the 3.5 mm comes with the pro version).

Sep 15, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #945 of 4,965
The regular black cables. So the two the D8000 come with. And the shorter one for the Pro.

Could be same on the silver, whole heap of insulation then some thin litz.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back