Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jun 26, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #873 of 4,843
It is absoltuely dead silent, you’d be hurting your ears pushing it past half way on the volume knob. To me, for the relatively low price it’s an outstanding pairing. This is regarding the Pro edition the tuning of the regular D8000 may mean a different result in pairing

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #874 of 4,843
I am pairing the Final Pro with the Questyle 12 CMA, but I try to audition the Bakoon amp, as both amps amplify in the so-called "current domain".
I am quite happy with the Questyle, but would like to find out if the five times more expensive Bakoon will make an audible difference.
I am listening at the moment at Naibu and an artist called Dominik Eulberg.
Recommended very much is the song called "Goldene Acht".

Bakoon AMP-13R obviously has a LOT more power than the CMA Twelve, but it's not as if you're trying to drive a RAAL. I'm willing to bet the D8000 will sound better with the Bakoon; maybe a bit more 'fleet of foot', but I guess it depends on your personal preferences.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #877 of 4,843
I am pairing the Final Pro with the Questyle 12 CMA, but I try to audition the Bakoon amp, as both amps amplify in the so-called "current domain".
I am quite happy with the Questyle, but would like to find out if the five times more expensive Bakoon will make an audible difference.
I am listening at the moment at Naibu and an artist called Dominik Eulberg.
Recommended very much is the song called "Goldene Acht".

Great recommendation .. Listening to Goldene Acht via TC and it sounds incredbile.

Jul 13, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #878 of 4,843
So I just got D8000 Pro's. On Sunday night a week ago, I had purchased open-box D8000 regular edition from Audio46. On Monday morning, I got an email from them saying they didn't have them anymore, but they would give me Pro editions at no additional charge. So that was extremely awesome.

They are so much better than anything in my personal experience, that I will leave it to others to discuss how they sound. Sufficient to say they are everything I could have wanted, and more.

The only drawback for me is they are quite heavy. After listening for about 2 hours, I started to get a little sore on the crown of my head, something I had also run into with Audeze LCD-2's.

I came up with something that worked so well and was such a simple fix that thought I should share it.

I had purchased some new pads for my Grado ps2000e from Beautiful Audio and had got a headband pad from them along with those that I had not been using:
2020-07-13 06.39.16.jpg

It was close but not an exact fit. It has some magnets on the ends that hold it shut (it is split on the bottom) so I made some adapters by putting two little neodymium magnets between two pieces of electric tape:
2020-07-13 06.38.16.jpg

And that worked perfectly. Here are the phones without, and with:

2020-07-13 06.40.15.jpg

2020-07-13 06.42.14.jpg

Here is a close up of the installed adapter:

2020-07-13 06.42.20.jpg

Now these are perfect. Listened all day yesterday, totally comfortable the whole time, maybe as much as 5 hours at a time.

Jul 13, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #879 of 4,843
So I just got D8000 Pro's. On Sunday night a week ago, I had purchased open-box D8000 regular edition from Audio46. On Monday morning, I got an email from them saying they didn't have them anymore, but they would give me Pro editions at no additional charge. So that was extremely awesome.

They are so much better than anything in my personal experience, that I will leave it to others to discuss how they sound. Sufficient to say they are everything I could have wanted, and more.

The only drawback for me is they are quite heavy. After listening for about 2 hours, I started to get a little sore on the crown of my head, something I had also run into with Audeze LCD-2's.

I came up with something that worked so well and was such a simple fix that thought I should share it.

I had purchased some new pads for my Grado ps2000e from Beautiful Audio and had got a headband pad from them along with those that I had not been using:
2020-07-13 06.39.16.jpg
It was close but not an exact fit. It has some magnets on the ends that hold it shut (it is split on the bottom) so I made some adapters by putting two little neodymium magnets between two pieces of electric tape:
2020-07-13 06.38.16.jpg

And that worked perfectly. Here are the phones without, and with:

2020-07-13 06.40.15.jpg
2020-07-13 06.42.14.jpg

Here is a close up of the installed adapter:

2020-07-13 06.42.20.jpg

Now these are perfect. Listened all day yesterday, totally comfortable the whole time, maybe as much as 5 hours at a time.

Another one joins the club :) congrats and great looking mod! I wonder if zmf pilot pads would do the trick :xf_eek:

Jul 18, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #884 of 4,843
Anyone happen to own the Utopia and in looking for something to balance with in a 2 headphone setup, consider Empyrean against D8000/D8000 Pro?

I’ve listened to them all, though not together, and I own the Utopia already. I’m trying to find the best headphone to sit alongside the Utopia in a home rig. I use Stellia in the office.

Music preferences include mostly EDM, Chill/House, vocals, soundtracks and acoustic/Jazz music. No classical.

I’m very close to going with Empyrean but every time I hear the Final I feel they offer much of what I like about the Empyrean. The issue I have the weight of the Final’s and the additional detail (Pro) which brings it closer to Utopia.

In fact it almost seems like you could own the Pro and have no Utopia or Empyrean and have close to the best of both ends of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #885 of 4,843
Anyone happen to own the Utopia and in looking for something to balance with in a 2 headphone setup, consider Empyrean against D8000/D8000 Pro?

I’ve listened to them all, though not together, and I own the Utopia already. I’m trying to find the best headphone to sit alongside the Utopia in a home rig. I use Stellia in the office.

Music preferences include mostly EDM, Chill/House, vocals, soundtracks and acoustic/Jazz music. No classical.

I’m very close to going with Empyrean but every time I hear the Final I feel they offer much of what I like about the Empyrean. The issue I have the weight of the Final’s and the additional detail (Pro) which brings it closer to Utopia.

In fact it almost seems like you could own the Pro and have no Utopia or Empyrean and have close to the best of both ends of the spectrum.

I own the D8000 and also owned the Utopia at the same time. I think they make good stable mates because of their different tonal signatures. Frankly, I ended up selling my Utopia earlier this year because I love the D8000 tuning, and the Utopia was used to fund another item. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back