Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Aug 14, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #16 of 4,847
I've yet to hear a Final headphone that I really like. Hopefully that will change once these babies come out!

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #19 of 4,847
Saw the headphones at the Hong Kong High-end Audio Visual Show yesterday, they are officially named the D8000. Also promo images all over the booth so I assume this will be the final design,
cn2m232mohfz.jpg

Guttenberg?

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #20 of 4,847
Was totally excited for these - then found out they're looking to sell these at 3800 USD :cry:
Yeah, I also don't like that they're just middle class... Oh, what did you say? They were supposed to retail round $2,5k from what I remember, and there was supposed to be space for a higher model, maybe called "10000" (this one is 8000), which would hopefully be something like what Sonorous X is for Pandora Hope 6. I hope they'll kill the market with a monstrous planar magnetic for $5k which will sound better than anything out there :wink: Note that the 8000 design really is black and silver like Pandora 6, which means they still haven't made the "golden model" yet.

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #21 of 4,847
Yeah, I also don't like that they're just middle class... Oh, what did you say? They were supposed to retail round $2,5k from what I remember, and there was supposed to be space for a higher model, maybe called "10000" (this one is 8000), which would hopefully be something like what Sonorous X is for Pandora Hope 6. I hope they'll kill the market with a monstrous planar magnetic for $5k which will sound better than anything out there :wink: Note that the 8000 design really is black and silver like Pandora 6, which means they still haven't made the "golden model" yet.

There will be a couple of different models to cater for different budgets, but the first to be released are around the $3k mark I believe.

Sep 5, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #22 of 4,847
There will be a couple of different models to cater for different budgets, but the first to be released are around the $3k mark I believe.

5sp4mRN.gif

Yeah.... I'm out.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #24 of 4,847
The Sonorous III is roughly a tenth of the price of a Sonorous X and sounds great. Hopefully Final's planar drivers will follow the example of their dynamics and also pass down to more reasonably priced models in their range.

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #27 of 4,847
"AFD technology will eventually spawn an entire range expected to start at €300/pr and max out at €5'000/pr quite like the existing Sonorous series."

Seems like they will release planars for all budgets according to 6moons.
I hope they don't screw it up with weird peaks/dips or annoying distortions, this could be a great line of products.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #28 of 4,847
"AFD technology will eventually spawn an entire range expected to start at €300/pr and max out at €5'000/pr quite like the existing Sonorous series."

Seems like they will release planars for all budgets according to 6moons.
I hope they don't screw it up with weird peaks/dips or annoying distortions, this could be a great line of products.

Well they have designed the planar driver from the ground up with really interesting dampening techniques unlike any other brand, and they are easy to drive. So it is looking promising without the 5k ortho wall etc :D

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #30 of 4,847
Well they have designed the planar driver from the ground up with really interesting dampening techniques unlike any other brand, and they are easy to drive. So it is looking promising without the 5k ortho wall etc :D

Yes sir :)
My only concern is their past headphones, which seem to have a really weird FR and polarizing SQ (love it or hate it), this is a completely different tech and seems like a great implementation of the planar concept, I'm extremely interested on this one (my love for japanese design and build quality doesn't help either :laughing:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back