Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 12, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #1,321 of 4,849
1618218509962.png

Found it.

Apr 12, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #1,323 of 4,849
Apr 12, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #1,328 of 4,849
Hey,

Could any long-term user make a comment about the long-term durability of the headphone, specifically the driver, as the warranty is rather short at 1 year?

Apr 12, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #1,329 of 4,849
I thought it was set on getting the Burson Conductor 3 Reference, but now, i am looking at a Cayin Stack. Between the two options which would you guys pick to power these D8000 pros. Both add up to about the same price.

Burson Conductor 3 Reference (DAC/AMP combo)

cayin iha-6 and idac-6 mk2

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #1,330 of 4,849
I have received D8000 Pro and have listened to various albums for around 4 hours or so. Initially I was a underwhelmed, and in side by side comparisons to my HD800S I went with the Sennheiser's each time. I preferred the wider soundstage and the overall crispness of the HD800S. Today I am enjoying the Finals a lot more, they are warmer sounding than the HD800S. I am listening to them via a Sennheiser HDV820, I have also tried my Astell & Kern SP1000 which is capable of driving the Finals but without the same authority that the HDV820 stamps on them. At this point, I am questionable as to whether or not I will keep these, as at the moment I am not seeing the vast price difference be reflected in sound quality to my ears. I have also got Focal Utopia's on order so will withhold final verdict until I can compare each.

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #1,331 of 4,849
I have received D8000 Pro and have listened to various albums for around 4 hours or so. Initially I was a underwhelmed, and in side by side comparisons to my HD800S I went with the Sennheiser's each time. I preferred the wider soundstage and the overall crispness of the HD800S. Today I am enjoying the Finals a lot more, they are warmer sounding than the HD800S. I am listening to them via a Sennheiser HDV820, I have also tried my Astell & Kern SP1000 which is capable of driving the Finals but without the same authority that the HDV820 stamps on them. At this point, I am questionable as to whether or not I will keep these, as at the moment I am not seeing the vast price difference be reflected in sound quality to my ears. I have also got Focal Utopia's on order so will withhold final verdict until I can compare each.
What albums , artists did you use to come to your conclusion ?

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #1,332 of 4,849
A whole variety EPMD, Boz Scraggs, Burning Spear, Steely Dan. These are very early initial impressions and already I have enjoyed them more today than I did yesterday. My feeling after yesterdays listen was that I learnt just how good the HD800S are and in particular a value for money standpoint. I am spending a whole day with the D8000 Pros today and will see how I feel about them after this. For the last year I have been listening to the HD800S for hours almost daily (work from home!) and so probably moving to anything else was always going to take some getting used to. Also perhaps the high cost of the Finals has skewed my expectations to the point where they were always going to be something of a disappointment, and I need to be more realistic.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #1,333 of 4,849
A whole variety EPMD, Boz Scraggs, Burning Spear, Steely Dan. These are very early initial impressions and already I have enjoyed them more today than I did yesterday. My feeling after yesterdays listen was that I learnt just how good the HD800S are and in particular a value for money standpoint. I am spending a whole day with the D8000 Pros today and will see how I feel about them after this. For the last year I have been listening to the HD800S for hours almost daily (work from home!) and so probably moving to anything else was always going to take some getting used to. Also perhaps the high cost of the Finals has skewed my expectations to the point where they were always going to be something of a disappointment, and I need to be more realistic.
Whats the power , watts , from your home amp ? I think the 8K Pro loves power.

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #1,334 of 4,849
Having recently acquired the 800S I’m surprised how good they can be - given the headamp which is a Manley. They don’t sound thin to me and the wide soundstage as a real winner. I am tempted by the final D8000pro but the cost is very high and they only come with a single ended cable. I’m not adding more cost by having to factor in a balanced cord too. I’ll stick with the senns. + my Stellias.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back