Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Dec 11, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #2,986 of 4,999
Thank You. Not necessarily helpful but thank You :p

Good to know :) thank You
I mean you asked me if "there was a difference sound wise" and if it was "better than the regular version" (I assume pro), not sure how I could answer that for you if I don't own the Pro lol. Giving comparison impressions based on a quick demo at a party and then comparing that to an in-home experience 3 months later...is silly and I'm simply not going to do that. So I just gave you my opinion on whether it was worth the upgrade. If you want me to compare it to Susvara or Atrium, I can do that, otherwise, not sure what else I can say.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #2,987 of 4,999
I mean you asked me if "there was a difference sound wise" and if it was "better than the regular version" (I assume pro), not sure how I could answer that for you if I don't own the Pro lol. Giving comparison impressions based on a quick demo at a party and then comparing that to an in-home experience 3 months later...is silly and I'm simply not going to do that. So I just gave you my opinion on whether it was worth the upgrade. If you want me to compare it to Susvara or Atrium, I can do that, otherwise, not sure what else I can say.
Could you do D8KPLE vs Susvara?

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #2,988 of 4,999
Of course it was a joke :)
I really appreciate Your answer and I fully understand that it is impossible to answer and give deep comparison between those two. It was a joke :) I didn’t want to be rude. I am really sorry if I made You feel that way.

Your answer is very objective and You mentioned really important point.

I had opportunity to listen to Limited edition for a half our on audio show and can’t point obvious differences between PRO and PRO limited edition. I thought You had limited and non limited version to compare, that why I asked and I get that You can’t give me a simple answer :)
Have a great day and congrats again on Your limited edition version.

Ps: Could You add some more pics. Had You any issuers with this matte material? Is it easy to scratch it?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #2,989 of 4,999
20221210_162757.JPG
20221117_183632.JPG
20221210_162744.JPG
20221117_183625.JPG
20221117_183601.JPG
20221117_183639.JPG
20221117_183521.JPG

Dec 12, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #2,992 of 4,999
How does the D8000 with G-type pads compare to the D8000 Pro? Anybody was able to compare both?

Dec 12, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #2,994 of 4,999
I've owned both. D8000 with the G pads didn't change much as far as I remember. Just a comfort/feel thing.
I found that the sound of my D8000 changed in subtle but welcome ways after swapping stock pads to the Pro's "G" pads: a little more punch and depth in the bass; a little more muscle in the lower mids, giving the headphone a more natural weight in the lower registers (very much like what I hear in live music).

And yes, the comfort got better w/the "G" pads, too. That plus a leather underband from @puck & my D8000 was good to go.

Dec 12, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #2,995 of 4,999
Of course it was a joke :)
I really appreciate Your answer and I fully understand that it is impossible to answer and give deep comparison between those two. It was a joke :) I didn’t want to be rude. I am really sorry if I made You feel that way.

Your answer is very objective and You mentioned really important point.

I had opportunity to listen to Limited edition for a half our on audio show and can’t point obvious differences between PRO and PRO limited edition. I thought You had limited and non limited version to compare, that why I asked and I get that You can’t give me a simple answer :)
Have a great day and congrats again on Your limited edition version.

Ps: Could You add some more pics. Had You any issuers with this matte material? Is it easy to scratch it?

All is good, no offense taken! I had no issues at all with the material, but to say that I'm careful with my headphones is a gross understatement. My Verite Closed after 2 years looked identical to a new pair. I don't ever put them on a hard surface, ever! Gah, I'm really not very helpful, I'm starting to see your point :dt880smile: I have heard the case it comes with (which is absolutely stunning) does scratch very easily! But the headphone itself looks like it could take quite the beating

Dec 17, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #2,996 of 4,999
Very nice those D8000 Pro LE, pads are most comfy of them all. Pro LE have more blanced sound compered to D8000, more resolution and air.

Dec 17, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #2,997 of 4,999
Very nice those D8000 Pro LE, pads are most comfy of them all. Pro LE have more blanced sound compered to D8000, more resolution and air.
What are they made of? What's the difference compared to the pro?

Dec 19, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #2,998 of 4,999
Hi fellow Final Audio owners & others...

Just picked up the Headamp GS-X Mk2 for my D8000 Pros and as I'm feeding it balanced XLR inbound I'm now realising I really need a 4 pin XLR cable to take advantage of its balanced amp topology. I'm currently using the Final silver/OFC 6.35m cable, which I'd like to keep (required for my Woo WA5-LE 1st gen...)

Have put an ad in the classifieds, but on the off chance I thought I would also ask amongst this forum if any owners have changed amps recently and maybe has a spare they'd like to sell of (in order of pref for me):

- Final Silver/OFC 4pin XLR cable
- 3rd party compatible 4pin XLR cable
- Final Silver OFC 6.35mm SE connector (would maybe look at buying and re-terminating

Please PM me if so....

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #2,999 of 4,999
Hi fellow Final Audio owners & others...

Just picked up the Headamp GS-X Mk2 for my D8000 Pros and as I'm feeding it balanced XLR inbound I'm now realising I really need a 4 pin XLR cable to take advantage of its balanced amp topography. I'm currently using the Final silver/OFC 6.35m cable, which I'd like to keep (required for my Woo WA5-LE 1st gen...)

Have put an ad in the classifieds, but on the off chance I thought I would also ask amongst this forum if any owners have changed amps recently and maybe has a spare they'd like to sell of (in order of pref for me):

- Final Silver/OFC 4pin XLR cable
- 3rd party compatible 4pin XLR cable
- Final Silver OFC 6.35mm SE connector (would maybe look at buying and re-terminating

Please PM me if so....
The HeadAmp GS-X Mk2 is an amazing amp. I owned it for a couple of years before moving on from it. It sounds outstanding with the D8K Pro’s, but you do need a balanced cable to take advantage of topology and the sonic improvements it brings. Good luck with your cable search.

Dec 19, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #3,000 of 4,999
The HeadAmp GS-X Mk2 is an amazing amp. I owned it for a couple of years before moving on from it. It sounds outstanding with the D8K Pro’s, but you do need a balanced cable to take advantage of topology and the sonic improvements it brings. Good luck with your cable search.
That's what I've been hearing, @Slim1970. I've been using single ended RCAs into my Woo 5-LE first gen for years, and with a fully balanced DAC and a good deal on a second hand GS-X mk2 I've decided to make steps down the balanced route. Of course, getting nice XLR cables inbound to the Headamp has only highlighted that I can only really fully utilise the balanced topology if I address the D8000 Pro feed. Creating a rod for one's own back as I don't see so many used XLR cables with the locking pins floating around...but I'll be patient as I believe it should be worth it!

Great to hear you had positive impressions from the combo, particularly given your extensive gear experience :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back