Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jun 15, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #2,523 of 4,859
The Orchid is definitely NOS. But I'm not aware of any iFi DAC (standalone or part of AIO) that is non-oversampling.

??
Yup...the iFi iDSD has a BP, BP+, GTO, and 2 other filters...with the BP mode there is no oversampling or mucking with PCM or DSD bits...not well known..one of the reasons I bought it and its the setting I prefer...it has DSD 1024 etc....tons of settings...

The older Soekris 1541 was Nos but the new 2541 is not...sad but I have a 2541 dac and do really like it as well...

Stay tuned..the Fedex man lied to me its tomorrow...been chasing down the fedex truck!!

Omg!!

:>0

Jun 15, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #2,524 of 4,859
1655325602637.png

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #2,525 of 4,859
Here is a D8000 Pro on an Room FS Pro A (the 68mm radius) Front and Side profiles. Is the smaller radius best, I don't know but it fits well enough that its the stand I use for my D8Kp.
Hi, these are actually Lavricables, right?

Jun 21, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #2,526 of 4,859
Jun 22, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #2,527 of 4,859
Folks, I've had a marvellous time with the D8K Pro. It's truly a TOTL headphone on ever level. But I have an insatiable desire to try the Kennerton Thror, therefore I'm going to let my minty D8K Pro go. Maybe I'll regret it, maybe I won't. We'll see. Open to offers if you're in the market.

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:22 AM Post #2,528 of 4,859
Folks, I've had a marvellous time with the D8K Pro. It's truly a TOTL headphone on ever level. But I have an insatiable desire to try the Kennerton Thror, therefore I'm going to let my minty D8K Pro go. Maybe I'll regret it, maybe I won't. We'll see. Open to offers if you're in the market.
So many amazing TOTL HPs out there.... They all deserved to be tried ofc.....

GLWS mate

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #2,529 of 4,859
So many amazing TOTL HPs out there.... They all deserved to be tried ofc.....

GLWS mate
Thanks, sir. Yes, the D8K Pro are fantastic headphones (and I realised this all the more after demoing some other TOTL open backs recently). Sadly, obtaining any Kennerton headphone right now for demo purposes is impossible, so it's a question of blind buying.

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #2,530 of 4,859
Jun 23, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #2,531 of 4,859
Fit is tight and secure?
Actually an improvement over stock cable? Which product line is it?
The fit with the connectors into the earcups is good. Sound was an improvement over stock but the greatest benefit was ergonomics - getting a custom length more suitable to my use case, and more flexibility. I found the stock Final Silver cable to be too thick and heavy. That cable pictured is from the Ultimate line. If I were doing it again I would probably go with their Grand line.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #2,532 of 4,859
The fit with the connectors into the earcups is good. Sound was an improvement over stock but the greatest benefit was ergonomics - getting a custom length more suitable to my use case, and more flexibility. I found the stock Final Silver cable to be too thick and heavy. That cable pictured is from the Ultimate line. If I were doing it again I would probably go with their Grand line.
Yes even more so without sleeving, ultra flexible...
But do you know if they also like FAW use the T1/T5 "Beyer" plugs?

Jun 24, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #2,533 of 4,859
But do you know if they also like FAW use the T1/T5 "Beyer" plugs?
Yes, they use the extended connectors. If you go to their website and look up the cable you want for the Final D8000 you can see. They are not locking but are extended and what you need. You can email them with questions. They responded the next day and were very helpful when I reached out to them.
< https://www.lavricables.com/cables/grand-silver-final-audio-sonorous-x-viii-d8000-pro-upgrade-cable/ >

The Forza (Hybrid Noir) cables are also very good, I considered one for my D8000 Pro.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #2,534 of 4,859
Yes, they use the extended connectors. If you go to their website and look up the cable you want for the Final D8000 you can see. They are not locking but are extended and what you need. You can email them with questions. They responded the next day and were very helpful when I reached out to them.
< https://www.lavricables.com/cables/grand-silver-final-audio-sonorous-x-viii-d8000-pro-upgrade-cable/ >

The Forza (Hybrid Noir) cables are also very good, I considered one for my D8000 Pro.
I have two of the Forza Noir HPC MK2 (TOTL copper) balanced cables with female 3-pin mini-XLRs on the HP side & a 4-pin XLR on the amp side. I use these with various ZMF headphones. These cables have excellent flexibility, freedom from microphonics, and very musical sound.

I also have 2 x Noir HPC MK2 connectors for my Final D8000. Each has an extended 3.5 mm jack on the HP side and a male 3-pin mini-XLR on the amp side. Of course these aren't locking, but they fit well into the earcup jacks and tend to stay put even with the main cable attached (that surprised me in a nice way). Currently I use a clear Drausk balanced cable with these FAW connectors. That's another terrific copper cable. The sound is so good that I'm not tempted to swap cables (not yet, anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back