FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 22, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #3,466 of 6,207
I appreciate you taking the time to fix my post. as I am dyslexic I have to rely on these cheap text-to-speech programs that don't even compare to the ones on the computer.
when I went to Best Buy, I heard the Dre Beats Pro-- I liked them for their Bass especially. But if there are any better headphones with more clarity and clean Bass, I'd really appreciate hearing about them. thank you

Dec 22, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #3,467 of 6,207
Which headphones would you recommend balanced or unbalanced I'm a newbie at this what if I bought an amp I have the c5 if but I will get the fiio a5 portable amp which headphones would you recommend, and which module do you recommend. I want something like the P7 but with a lot of bass.

Dec 22, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #3,468 of 6,207
Hi John

I assume you are looking for them for both portable and when you are at home. You like clarity - but you also want to be able to have additional bass if you need it. I'm not the best to advise re bass - but I know who is (call out for Chris @Hawaiibadboy )

My thoughts would be to have a look at the Sennheiser HD630VB - reviews an be found here : https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sennheiser-hd-630vb.20787/reviews

Chris and I have both reviewed it. It has a variable bass dial - so you can dial in the amount of bass you prefer. It has very good clarity too. It comes with a short cable which has on-cable controls. They work perfectly with the X7ii, They aren't bass monsters, but they can get you really good combo of bass warmth/impact and clarity. If you wanted to further boost the bass, you could also go further using EQ.

Because they are easy to drive, you can stay with the AM3A module on the X7ii which already provides a heap of power.

They are my most used closed headphone and I can absolutely recommend them.

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #3,469 of 6,207
Hi John

I assume you are looking for them for both portable and when you are at home. You like clarity - but you also want to be able to have additional bass if you need it. I'm not the best to advise re bass - but I know who is (call out for Chris @Hawaiibadboy )

My thoughts would be to have a look at the Sennheiser HD630VB - reviews an be found here : https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sennheiser-hd-630vb.20787/reviews

Chris and I have both reviewed it. It has a variable bass dial - so you can dial in the amount of bass you prefer. It has very good clarity too. It comes with a short cable which has on-cable controls. They work perfectly with the X7ii, They aren't bass monsters, but they can get you really good combo of bass warmth/impact and clarity. If you wanted to further boost the bass, you could also go further using EQ.

Because they are easy to drive, you can stay with the AM3A module on the X7ii which already provides a heap of power.

+1 on the HD630VB's with the FiiO X7 MKII. They work great with the AM3A. With it you don't need the A5 module at all. The AM3A module drives them very well. @John1122 another headphone I like with the X7 MKII is the B&W P9's. Super easy to drive, dynamic and clear and they will get you bass you are looking for especially since you like the P7's. They also work great with the AM3A module.

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #3,470 of 6,207
Hi John

Yeah, good rec. Adjustable bass for track to track adjust , good comfort good sound. I agree with Brooko and Slim :)

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #3,473 of 6,207
Dec 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #3,475 of 6,207
Hello, apologies for the question , I have searched the thread and can't find the answer but can anyone confirm that 24/192 files play ok through the coax output? I thought I read somewhere there was a problem.

Hi, 24/192 works fine thru coaxial, no problems at all.
Regards

Dec 24, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #3,477 of 6,207
Yeah, good rec. Adjustable bass for track to track adjust , good comfort good sound. I agree with Brooko and Slim :)
I appreciate your advice I'm a newbie at this I really don't understand what's the difference between balanced and unbalanced mainly I just want to use this as an MP3 player for high-resolution audio I don't mind buying a small portable amp or the other module since I don't have Fiji customers mk2 yet I don't know how my headphones would sound with it when I hook up the p7 wireless I think it lacks a lot of bass and I do have a C5 amp I also have Dre Studio when I went to Best Buy do Dre Beats Pros had really good bass but didn't sound as good as the as the p7 I will definitely check out the ones that you recommended I was just wondering if I got an amp a portable app and maybe even that module are there other headphones that would sound better with clean Bass also I really appreciate it if you would explain unbalanced headphones to me thank you

Dec 25, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #3,478 of 6,207
@FiiO I know it’s Christmas so I’m not expecting immediate assistance. I’m still unable to use the Viper Effect side of the Fiio Music player. I’m running the most up-to-date firmware, tried running a factory reset and made sure to have the WiFi turned on when I first turned on Viper Effects. Does not help at all. The built in equalizer doesn’t do anything to either. I’ve tried the HiBy music app also and the equalizer works fine for me. I don’t understand why it isn’t working. I’ve paid for a few of the extra effects and while inexpensive it’s still annoying. I hope no one else is suffering with this issue?

Just to confirm, it also doesn’t work in either Android or Pure Music modes.

Dec 25, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #3,479 of 6,207
@FiiO I know it’s Christmas so I’m not expecting immediate assistance. I’m still unable to use the Viper Effect side of the Fiio Music player. I’m running the most up-to-date firmware, tried running a factory reset and made sure to have the WiFi turned on when I first turned on Viper Effects. Does not help at all. The built in equalizer doesn’t do anything to either. I’ve tried the HiBy music app also and the equalizer works fine for me. I don’t understand why it isn’t working. I’ve paid for a few of the extra effects and while inexpensive it’s still annoying. I hope no one else is suffering with this issue?

Just to confirm, it also doesn’t work in either Android or Pure Music modes.

There is a master switch on the top right, make sure that’s on first before toggling on the bottom switches.

Dec 25, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #3,480 of 6,207
There is a master switch on the top right, make sure that’s on first before toggling on the bottom switches.
I have indeed toggled this switch. Many times. To no avail. :) Thank you, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back