FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 22, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #3,452 of 6,207
Sorry to revive an old topic but I have been interested in this as well. I recently read the specs on the X5 iii turbo mode and was curious to see if this was going to come to the x7 ii as well.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but my impression from reading various X5 gen 3 reviews is that the balanced output was underwhelming when the unit was released right? If so, was turbo mode possible because the power output was throttled? It would be interesting to see if the x7's has more headroom. I would love to see how well X7 turbo mode could power my newly acquired HD6xx's that arrived a few days ago via balanced cables.

X5 Gen 3 info courtesy of fiio.net:
175821cphkhkj8g4rkbggh.jpg
YEAH, if that is possible for X7 II also, I would be very happy!!!!!:)

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #3,454 of 6,207
Pause/Play problem (resume after pausing for ~30 seconds or more) seems to be fixed. Thanks FiiO!

Dec 22, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #3,456 of 6,207
Vaporware.............
Fat hope. Maybe next year

Just thought I'd leave these here. Patience is indeed a virtue and reaps its own rewards .....

And thanks FiiO - for your time on the forums, for always trying to assist, and for really keeping very good audio affordable. Have a great Christmas

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #3,462 of 6,207
hi i cloud use help i plan to get
X7MKII but i do not know what to get am5 i like rap rock and a lot of bass but i do not know what headphones to get i have p7 wireless dr beats studio i like Dr pro lot of bass but i like p7 wireless clarity so i do not know what headphones to get what would you get hifiman HE1000 V2 i have looked at more but i do not know i have $1000 but i can buy used all so with is better am5 or am3a

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #3,463 of 6,207
??????????

Take a few minutes and rewrite your request so people can understand. Once it is clearer, I’m confident you will get some actual assistance and recommendations.

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #3,464 of 6,207
hi i cloud use help i plan to get
X7MKII but i do not know what to get am5 i like rap rock and a lot of bass but i do not know what headphones to get i have p7 wireless dr beats studio i like Dr pro lot of bass but i like p7 wireless clarity so i do not know what headphones to get what would you get hifiman HE1000 V2 i have looked at more but i do not know i have $1000 but i can buy used all so with is better am5 or am3a

I'll help with the translation :wink:

Hi,

I could use some help. I plan to get X7ii, but I don't know which module to get (stay with AM3A or get AM5)?

I like rap and rock, and music with a lot of bass. I'm also planning on getting another set of headphones and would like some help with that. I already have the P7 Wireless and Beats Studio. I like the Beats Studio for their bass, but I like the P7 for its clarity. I can spend up to $1000 on a decent set. I've been looking at HE1000 V2. I don't mind buying used.

So:
Any recommendations for headphones?
And which amp module?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #3,465 of 6,207
@John1122 -

1. Can't really recommend the amp module until we know what your headphones are going to be. Their power requirements will drive your amp decision. If you aren't intending going balanced on your headphones, and you plan on buying a headphone which needs more power - then AM5 is probably your best bet.

2. As far as headphone choice goes - if you can answer the following, it will get you better responses:
    • Open or closed (ie do you need some isolation / will you be using these in a noisy environment or on the move)? Generally closed will give you more bass (quantity) options.
    • Any preference on wired or wireless?
    • Will you only be driving from X7ii - or do you have other sources? What are they?
    • Over ear or on ear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back