FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 26, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #3,482 of 6,207
@FiiO I know it’s Christmas so I’m not expecting immediate assistance. I’m still unable to use the Viper Effect side of the Fiio Music player. I’m running the most up-to-date firmware, tried running a factory reset and made sure to have the WiFi turned on when I first turned on Viper Effects. Does not help at all. The built in equalizer doesn’t do anything to either. I’ve tried the HiBy music app also and the equalizer works fine for me. I don’t understand why it isn’t working. I’ve paid for a few of the extra effects and while inexpensive it’s still annoying. I hope no one else is suffering with this issue?

Just to confirm, it also doesn’t work in either Android or Pure Music modes.
Hi,

You mean that you can't even enter the viper effect interface, or it would be disabled when turning on anyone?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 26, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #3,483 of 6,207
Hi,

You mean that you can't even enter the viper effect interface, or it would be disabled when turning on anyone?

Best regards

I can indeed enter the Viper Effects interface and I can play with the options within, but none of them have a single effect on the music being played. I’ve tried all the options available, purchased a few of them too and they still don’t work. All the toggle switches work perfectly (so, from on to off and off to on), but no change to the sound at all. The same can be said for the equalizer portion of the Fiio Music app.

These facts remain true even after a factory reset.

I definitely made sure the internet was connected upon first using the Viper Effects, too.

Dec 26, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #3,485 of 6,207
Do anyone know if fiio x7mkii will release any new amp module?
Are you aware of the amp modules currently available? If yes, what do you feel is missing?

The AM5 has higher output than stock but it lacks balanced.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #3,490 of 6,207
So far I love x7ii. I use UM Martian and recently bought the JH 13v2 pro with x7ii. I compare x7ii to my mojopoly and I prefer the x7ii with both iem. The sound has better depth and wide. It sounds so much spacious than mojopoly.

Mojopoly sounds congested compare to x7ii. Bad pairing for both my own especially for JH13v2 pro. Mojopoly is better with my Aeon headphone.

I have been enjoying pairing of x7ii with JH 13v2 pro.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #3,491 of 6,207
So far I love x7ii. I use UM Martian and recently bought the JH 13v2 pro with x7ii. I compare x7ii to my mojopoly and I prefer the x7ii with both iem. The sound has better depth and wide. It sounds so much spacious than mojopoly.

Mojopoly sounds congested compare to x7ii. Bad pairing for both my own especially for JH13v2 pro. Mojopoly is better with my Aeon headphone.

I have been enjoying pairing of x7ii with JH 13v2 pro.
similar to I, but I tried mojo with the onkyo dps1, not poly
I think the mojo is good too, but the soundstage of x7ii is better

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #3,492 of 6,207
Seems I have been a good little boy this year as Santa upgraded my trusty X7 to the mark II. I´ve only had it for a couple of days but, for me, the diference is immense. It´s to early to go into to the audio side of things as the major upgrade of the smoothness and speed of the player would, without a doubt, give a biased opion on the audio as well. The original X7 feels like a stationwagon compared to the sportscar the mark II is.

I have not tried the mark II with my other modules yet but that is something I´m eagerly looking forward to.

Now a question. I have already bought all the Viper effects for the X7. Do I need to buy them all again or can I reclaim them somehow?

Dec 27, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #3,493 of 6,207
no matter 2.5 or 4.4, at least they should give out some new balance module
the old module like am2a,am5 only have 3.5 jack, but I think many people, especially in 2018 will want a balance out but not 3.5
Why? Please be specific. They now have 4 single ended and two balanced modules. Which have you tried? What was lacking? What is missing which requires upgrade? What problems would having balanced solve? Again - please be specific,

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #3,495 of 6,207
Guyss, may i know where do u guys usually download DSD/ FLAC 24bit files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back