FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 28, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #3,511 of 6,207
Has anyone come across this problem? I am basically locked into fiio's music app. I cannot access the Android home page or any other apps...The soft back button and o button are unresponsive. If I reboot or turn off and switch on I am booted into the fiio player app and again cannot get out.

I guess a return to factory settings might solve the problem temporarily but this is a pretty drastic step....

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #3,512 of 6,207
Has anyone come across this problem? I am basically locked into fiio's music app. I cannot access the Android home page or any other apps...The soft back button and o button are unresponsive. If I reboot or turn off and switch on I am booted into the fiio player app and again cannot get out.

I guess a return to factory settings might solve the problem temporarily but this is a pretty drastic step....
Are you in pure music mode?

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #3,513 of 6,207

Dear friend,
This may be because the player is in Pure Music mode. Pull down the settings menu from the upper right of the display, change the mode button to Android Mode and reboot the X7 to start the X7 in Android mode.
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 29, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #3,514 of 6,207
20171229_175106.jpg
20171229_174932.jpg

Dec 29, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #3,516 of 6,207
Guys

Pls suggest .... if I use 3rd party apps like Hiby to stream music from my NAS will there be any degradation of music quality when played on 3rd party apps ?

Just to add I have 96 and 192khz flax and dsd files along with normal CD quality files to stream

Dec 29, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #3,517 of 6,207
Guys

Pls suggest .... if I use 3rd party apps like Hiby to stream music from my NAS will there be any degradation of music quality when played on 3rd party apps ?

Just to add I have 96 and 192khz flax and dsd files along with normal CD quality files to stream

Depends a lot on what app you're using and how.

I am not sure, and @FiiO should confirm if any third apps do downsampling, but AFAIK that shouldn't happen in most of cases. I am not very sure if the streaming service does any either, but I have been learning about Streaming from my PC as well recently, so I'll experiment a bit and report back when I get to some conclusive results.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #3,519 of 6,207
Depends a lot on what app you're using and how.

I am not sure, and @FiiO should confirm if any third apps do downsampling, but AFAIK that shouldn't happen in most of cases. I am not very sure if the streaming service does any either, but I have been learning about Streaming from my PC as well recently, so I'll experiment a bit and report back when I get to some conclusive results.
I thought all apps except fiio music/ neutron/ poweramp/ Hiby downsample to 48 khz as per android policy?

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #3,520 of 6,207
I thought all apps except fiio music/ neutron/ poweramp/ Hiby downsample to 48 khz as per android policy?

You are pretty much correct and it is not FiiO's job to confirm what other for profit companies with no relation to them are doing with their own code. That makes no sense. FiiO works on FiiO stuff.

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #3,524 of 6,207
Does Tidal use the Sabre DAC?

Yes, it has to. There is no other way to convert the digital to analogue on the X7.

The question should be ‘does Tidal bypass the Android SRC?’ if I’m interpreting your meaning correctly.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #3,525 of 6,207
Do you know if it bypasses the Sabre DAC and use the default?
It's only got the one DAC. All* sound you hear from the device will go though the Sabre DAC. There is no "default" outside of that Sabre DAC. So no matter what app you use*, it'll utilize that DAC.

*Excepting Bluetooth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back