FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Dec 31, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #3,543 of 6,207
Have a good Start in 2018

Attachments

• 0CD08E7F-BB5D-40CC-9657-419EE1D36F31.jpeg
    0CD08E7F-BB5D-40CC-9657-419EE1D36F31.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 0
Jan 1, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #3,544 of 6,207
Hi everyone,

Happy new year!

I've noticed when playing songs, my x7ii suddenly stops for about a second then continues on. 2 stops then the song plays on without any hitch.

i've downloaded the new FW and I use 1 of the SD slots.

Any idea why this is so?

Thanks sirs.

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #3,545 of 6,207
Hi everyone,

Happy new year!

I've noticed when playing songs, my x7ii suddenly stops for about a second then continues on. 2 stops then the song plays on without any hitch.

i've downloaded the new FW and I use 1 of the SD slots.

Any idea why this is so?

Thanks sirs.

Happy new year/gear everyone!

Are you using slot one or two? Because slot two (the left one) is a bit buggy (no idea if this has been fixed with the latest firmware).

Jan 1, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #3,546 of 6,207
@FiiO I’ve discovered the cause of the issue. Apparently whilst playing DSD format media it won’t allow either the equalizer nor Viper Effects to do its thing. I don’t know if this is intentional, if it is, may I ask why? Secondarily where is it stated that the device doesn’t support this? :)

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #3,548 of 6,207
Thank you for the reply.

I'll have to check sir.

When upright, is slot 2 the one at the bottom or at the top?

Thanks again!

Slot 2 is the bottom one. There are small number labels below the slots.

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #3,550 of 6,207
@FiiO I’ve discovered the cause of the issue. Apparently whilst playing DSD format media it won’t allow either the equalizer nor Viper Effects to do its thing. I don’t know if this is intentional, if it is, may I ask why? Secondarily where is it stated that the device doesn’t support this? :)

The DSD format does not allow for DSP (EQ, etc). It’s an issue with the music format itself.

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #3,551 of 6,207

Um - it’s pretty common knowledge that you can’t apply digital EQ to natively decoded DSD. The only way to do it is convert to PCM first, apply the EQ, then recode to DSD (which people would be up in arms about, and FiiO would get critiqued mercilessly). When the first DAPs came out with ability to play DSD by converting to PCM first, the chorus all called for native decoding.

The sad part is that if you transcoded it all to 16/44, volume matched and blind tested, no one would tell the difference anyway.

Jan 1, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #3,553 of 6,207
Hi , can i drain till it stop without causing damage to the battery ? Thanks in advance

You aren't causing damage, but wear, which is a type of damage, so no, you shouldn't drain till it stops.

I mean, you totally can, and it won't destroy it, but you're forcing things out and overdischarge is just not best for batteries.

I am using X7mkii till 1% or so, and so far it is working flawlessly, just thinking that it might not be best if you plan on keeping it for a few years from now

Jan 1, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #3,554 of 6,207
You aren't causing damage, but wear, which is a type of damage, so no, you shouldn't drain till it stops.

I mean, you totally can, and it won't destroy it, but you're forcing things out and overdischarge is just not best for batteries.

I am using X7mkii till 1% or so, and so far it is working flawlessly, just thinking that it might not be best if you plan on keeping it for a few years from now
Thank you very much !

Jan 1, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #3,555 of 6,207
Um - it’s pretty common knowledge that you can’t apply digital EQ to natively decoded DSD. The only way to do it is convert to PCM first, apply the EQ, then recode to DSD (which people would be up in arms about, and FiiO would get critiqued mercilessly). When the first DAPs came out with ability to play DSD by converting to PCM first, the chorus all called for native decoding.

The sad part is that if you transcoded it all to 16/44, volume matched and blind tested, no one would tell the difference anyway.

Fair enough, but I didn’t know that myself! I’m fairly new to the scene of high performance gear so DSD, FLAC and such, are all recent terminologies to myself, and as such, wasn’t aware of the ‘limitations’ (if you can call them that) of them. Either way, I’m not all that fussed if they work or not because I don’t feel that the Viper Effects were adding anything I enjoyed once I toyed with a FLAC file instead. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back