FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jan 1, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #3,556 of 6,207
Fair enough, but I didn’t know that myself! I’m fairly new to the scene of high performance gear so DSD, FLAC and such, are all recent terminologies to myself, and as such, wasn’t aware of the ‘limitations’ (if you can call them that) of them. Either way, I’m not all that fussed if they work or not because I don’t feel that the Viper Effects were adding anything I enjoyed once I toyed with a FLAC file instead. :)

given that ie800 and MOO Bluetooth Headphones are the only two things I don't EQ, I don't think that using DSD is worth the sacrifice of not being able to use EQ or other enhancements. I don't know how much Viper is worth the effort, but the basic EQ FiiO has is amazing and totally worth the effort.

Jan 1, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #3,557 of 6,207
Is there a way to get a PEQ (parametric equalizer) to work with tidal or spotify?
Also, does anyone have experience with sonarworks calibration, and know if it’s possible to open the calibratio file to see exactly what filters are used? To copy it over to a PEQ.

I’ll occasionally be driving my Elear with the X7 mk2, and if I could get the exact same sound as from sonarworks that would be awesome. If not, I’ll just try and copy the sonarworks calibration curve with the 10-band graphic eq.

Jan 1, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #3,558 of 6,207
Happy new year/gear everyone!

Are you using slot one or two? Because slot two (the left one) is a bit buggy (no idea if this has been fixed with the latest firmware).
I have given up trying to use both slots. In both Neutron and Poweramp Alpha (I don't use the Fiio app) slot 2 disappears if the device sits idle. New firmware hasn't addressed sleepy slot 2....

Jan 1, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #3,559 of 6,207
I have given up trying to use both slots. In both Neutron and Poweramp Alpha (I don't use the Fiio app) slot 2 disappears if the device sits idle. New firmware hasn't addressed sleepy slot 2....

That is too bad, I hope it is even possible to fix this in software, otherwise the second slot might be a bit useless. Though I remember someone in this thread using both slots without problems.

The DAC delay is also still there and changing the search texts when searching for lyrics or album art still doesn't seem to do much. Also lyrics reset to the start constantly if they don't have timing information.

Did anyone notice any particular bugs that were fixed in de latest FW?

Jan 1, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #3,561 of 6,207
Mine is reading both slots and playing with no issues.

So no strange behaviour with resuming play either? Because that was what I was experiencing mostly with a single card in the second slot. What kind of SD cards are you using?

Jan 1, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #3,563 of 6,207
Mine will read and play from slot 2. But on occasion, after a pause or idle, the song that was playing can’t be found or restarts from the beginning of the song. So my slot 2 does have some minor bugs still.

Latest firmware as well.

Jan 1, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #3,565 of 6,207
Thanks for the detailed information @howdy and @jmac1516, that is very useful. With a card in slot two the FiiO music player would sometimes resume a song from the day before and then have nothing queued up after that. It would also often initially tell me to add a song first.

Jan 1, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #3,568 of 6,207
So it stops after a song during a song? Need some more information.

Hi,

It stops during a song.

Its like it stutters twice, about 1 second, then it plays, then one second stutter, then the song plays on until the end.

It happens to random songs, not to any particular song.

Same audio file is played on other DAPs and MAC but no problem with it. So i guess we can rule out that the audio file itself is the problem.

Thanks for the inputs sirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back