FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by superuser1, Jul 6, 2017.
  1. Dobrescu George
    given that ie800 and MOO Bluetooth Headphones are the only two things I don't EQ, I don't think that using DSD is worth the sacrifice of not being able to use EQ or other enhancements. I don't know how much Viper is worth the effort, but the basic EQ FiiO has is amazing and totally worth the effort.

2. makne
    Is there a way to get a PEQ (parametric equalizer) to work with tidal or spotify?
    Also, does anyone have experience with sonarworks calibration, and know if it’s possible to open the calibratio file to see exactly what filters are used? To copy it over to a PEQ.

I’ll occasionally be driving my Elear with the X7 mk2, and if I could get the exact same sound as from sonarworks that would be awesome. If not, I’ll just try and copy the sonarworks calibration curve with the 10-band graphic eq.

3. brokengundam
    I have given up trying to use both slots. In both Neutron and Poweramp Alpha (I don't use the Fiio app) slot 2 disappears if the device sits idle. New firmware hasn't addressed sleepy slot 2....

izzy2 likes this.
  4. LamerDeluxe (tm)
    That is too bad, I hope it is even possible to fix this in software, otherwise the second slot might be a bit useless. Though I remember someone in this thread using both slots without problems.

The DAC delay is also still there and changing the search texts when searching for lyrics or album art still doesn't seem to do much. Also lyrics reset to the start constantly if they don't have timing information.

Did anyone notice any particular bugs that were fixed in de latest FW?

5. howdy
    Mine is reading both slots and playing with no issues.

LamerDeluxe (tm) likes this.
  6. LamerDeluxe (tm)
    So no strange behaviour with resuming play either? Because that was what I was experiencing mostly with a single card in the second slot. What kind of SD cards are you using?

7. howdy
    The last fw it would start the song over and now it pauses and starts from where I left off. I use 2 200gb SanDisk formatted the way they came which I think is FAT32.

8. jmac1516
    Mine will read and play from slot 2. But on occasion, after a pause or idle, the song that was playing can’t be found or restarts from the beginning of the song. So my slot 2 does have some minor bugs still.

Latest firmware as well.

9. howdy
    I should mention they are both filled with only about 250mb left on each card and have a total of just over 12,500 total songs mostly FLAC and are all tagged properly.

10. LamerDeluxe (tm)
    Thanks for the detailed information @howdy and @jmac1516, that is very useful. With a card in slot two the FiiO music player would sometimes resume a song from the day before and then have nothing queued up after that. It would also often initially tell me to add a song first.

11. roy_allan79
    Hi,

Upon checking, I am using slot 1.

Any thoughts why i'm having this problem?

Thank you!

12. howdy
    So it stops after a song during a song? Need some more information.

13. roy_allan79
    Hi,

It stops during a song.

Its like it stutters twice, about 1 second, then it plays, then one second stutter, then the song plays on until the end.

It happens to random songs, not to any particular song.

Same audio file is played on other DAPs and MAC but no problem with it. So i guess we can rule out that the audio file itself is the problem.

Thanks for the inputs sirs.

14. howdy
    Is it DSD?
    Have you done a factory data reset than a rescan?

15. roy_allan79
    Flac sir.

I'll do the factory reset then re-scan right now.

Thanks!