Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 27, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #6,091 of 15,897
Battery Consumption

​I left X5 in pure music mode, screen off with nothing playing for about 1 hour and noted from a 100% charged state it dropped to 96%. Is this normal? And if so why is it losing power while only having low power blue light on. Both WiFi and Bluetooth were disconnected, so don't toss that into the mix.

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #6,092 of 15,897
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the pre-installed screen protector hinders touch-screen functionality?

TIA

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #6,095 of 15,897
  Hello guys, anyone using Micro sd Sandisk Ultra 200 gb? What about with fiio x5 III ? Any problem?Thanks

I had problems when the card was extFAT formatted :
  1. Unable to update firmware from extFAT µSD card
  2. Very slow file copy (from USB OTG and Wifi) to extFAT µSD card and long freezes during copy.

FiiO Support team advised me to format the µSD in FAT32, and now I am able to update firmware from the µSD and file copy speed is quite improved (almost 7 MB/s without freeze)

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #6,097 of 15,897
X5iii and Fidue Sirius A91 is a truely wonderful combo, lush lush and lush mids!

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #6,098 of 15,897

​Not just you. I got an email from Support saying they are investigating it, as I was asking how to remove the glass protector, which they advised against as not easy. 

Thanks.  I found that removing the screen was not that hard, but you have to do it very carefully by gently prying up one corner and then lifting (again, very gently!) across the rest of the screen.  

I then decided to stack the unit with my E12 amp, so I wanted to reapply the screen.  I did, but of course it's no longer crystal clear.

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #6,099 of 15,897
X5iii and Fidue Sirius A91 is a truely wonderful combo, lush lush and lush mids!

I second this.
I did spend some serious time testing all my IEMs, and without resorting to EQ, the Sirius were the best fit for my taste. The FiiO DAP smoothens the Sirius treble that were a bit too dry on my Cayin N5.
Rose Capp MK2 would be my second choice, then AK T8iE and last the CH8.2 that I have from the EU tour (8.2 bass is lacking with the FiiO DAP, they sound much better on a Cayin N5).

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #6,100 of 15,897
so am i the only one who has an  issue with 3rd party apps like neutron and onkyo hf player that there is a slight click between songs on left side of an iem or headphone when using it with an amp

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #6,101 of 15,897
Loving the X5iii very smooth and a big improvement overall vs my previous X5 and X5ii, stacked with A5 amp there is a definite improvement in the tightness of the bass. The only complaint I have is the ergonomics are terrible with regards to button placement, if anyone is reading this from Fiio please please implement double tap screen to unlock feature, other than that I have had no issues.

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #6,102 of 15,897
Hi! 

I have a questions to the X5 iii owners:

Do you have any issues with the "Fire EQ" of the Viber effects?
I can use the sliders, but it does not have any effect at all! Exactly the same as the Spotify EQ.
Of course Viber is switched on and I am also connected with the internet. I have even reseted the device several times!

In addition, Spotify download content gets automatically deleted on a regular base! I heard this seems to be a general problem of Spotify, but it also somehow has to be linked to the deveice, because I never ever had this problem on my DP-X1 that I have used more than a year...

Does anybody else have these problems or can check whether you Viber EQ works?

Thanks!

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #6,103 of 15,897
  Hi! 

I have a questions to the X5 iii owners:

Do you have any issues with the "Fire EQ" of the Viber effects?
I can use the sliders, but it does not have any effect at all! Exactly the same as the Spotify EQ.
Of course Viber is switched on and I am also connected with the internet. I have even reseted the device several times!

In addition, Spotify download content gets automatically deleted on a regular base! I heard this seems to be a general problem of Spotify, but it also somehow has to be linked to the deveice, because I never ever had this problem on my DP-X1 that I have used more than a year...

Does anybody else have these problems or can check whether you Viber EQ works?

Thanks!

as far as downloads, I think it might be more than spotify losing its downloads. I use Rhapsody/Napster and prior to the most recent firmware i was losing my downloads daily. I was hopeful this was fixed with recent FW but my downloads  lasted 2 days. I get the in app message that "download location has been reset". all my cards are fat32.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #6,104 of 15,897
  Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the pre-installed screen protector hinders touch-screen functionality?

TIA

I haven't taken it off to compare to a bare screen, but I have noticed that touch seems to not always respond.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #6,105 of 15,897
Hi everyone,

I have been on hiatus from head-fi for quite some time because my wallet was taking a serious hit. However I am back for more. 

I bought the X5 about 2 weeks ago when it came out and have had a lot of use on it. I really expected it to be better. I am comparing it to the Sony ZX2 and it just does not stand up to it in energy, fun factor or accuracy. The ZX2 does have a higher noise floor though. 

I am using Westone W30 and AKG K3003 IEMs along with both daps. No headphone amps. I have tried both native music player as well as streaming services on both players and the X5 just does not compare in musicality to the Sony. 

Has anyone else heard both and feel the same way?  

I feel the link to the review below is spot on. 

http://theheadphonelist.com/the-big-bad-bear-deep-in-hibernation-a-review-of-the-fiio-x5-3rd-gen/

Let me know if anyone here feels the same way. I apologize if this topic was already discussed before. 

Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back