Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 27, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #6,061 of 15,899
@FIIO

When ejecting the X5iii from Windows 10 you have 3 volumes to eject, both SD cards and the internal memory. However when using MediaMonkey to load files, you only have to eject one volume and it ejects all of them. Seems like it should be built in to the system to eject in one click.

Not really a big deal, just thought I'd point it out.

Windows used to have an option to eject all drives attached to a device, but they have since changed it to one drive at a time. Sadly this is entirely OS dependent. The only other way to do it is for FiiO to implement an MTP connection option, but this likely would add nothing to the experience except for some added confusion! You could disconnect the connection from the X5 itself, but it has no way of determining if Windows is finished with the drives or not, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #6,062 of 15,899
@FiiO there is bug which only happens with line out when connected to an amp and 3rd party players like neutron and poweramp.

when the music finishes and before the second song starts there is a very tiny click sound coming from left side of a headphone or iems, this does not happen with stock fiio music app, but it is there with 3rd party players.

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #6,063 of 15,899
@FiiO There is a problem with selecting the next and the previous track while pausing the currently playing song in an album/folder. For example, I am on track 4 and paused it and press the on screen back button, ideally it should go to track 3 from the start in the pause mode itself. But the track 3 starts playing from the start. Even if i am in the middle of track 4 and want to listen to it again from the start after pausing the track, it will get to the start and start playing the track and not stay in the paused mode at the start. I am not sure if there are any in-player settings for this. This might be a small issue but can a fix for this be provided?

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #6,064 of 15,899
  @FiiO there is bug which only happens with line out when connected to an amp and 3rd party players like neutron and poweramp.

when the music finishes and before the second song starts there is a very tiny click sound coming from left side of a headphone or iems, this does not happen with stock fiio music app, but it is there with 3rd party players.

Then i suggest you report it to these third party apps developpers :) 

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #6,065 of 15,899
@FiiO

Not sure if this is Fiio related (although it didn't happen on Cayin i5), but worth a try.

I'm using the Rockbox app and having few issues:
1. play/pause, forwards/backwards don't work when screen off
2. When using play/pause, Rockbox always crashes (after turning screen on). Then when I go back to the app two things happen additionally: resuming always from beginning of the song and very often volume is set automatically to max (I'm scared to put on my IEMs before checking the volume :wink:).

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #6,066 of 15,899
Windows used to have an option to eject all drives attached to a device, but they have since changed it to one drive at a time. Sadly this is entirely OS dependent. The only other way to do it is for FiiO to implement an MTP connection option, but this likely would add nothing to the experience except for some added confusion! You could disconnect the connection from the X5 itself, but it has no way of determining if Windows is finished with the drives or not, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Ok, the all "hidden settings" tool has the solution...

One more time... AT YOUR OWN RISK...
What do you need?

Go to Google Play and download this really good App: "More Shortcuts" 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.moreshortcuts

Run "More Shortcuts" and then look and find: Activity/Settings/USB computer connection
Tip on "play" icon...

And... voyla...you find the "USB" config screen, you can choose MTP, PTP or Mass Storage

Ok, hundred of hidden settings overthere, some works, others crash... be carefull :wink:

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #6,067 of 15,899
  Then i suggest you report it to these third party apps developpers :) 

is anyone else experiencing this

no big deal for me just I am curious

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #6,068 of 15,899

​ The large and small font setting in display is part of the OS. I do not think you need an app for that.

@FiiO

Not sure if this is Fiio related (although it didn't happen on Cayin i5), but worth a try.

I'm using the Rockbox app and having few issues:
1. play/pause, forwards/backwards don't work when screen off
2. When using play/pause, Rockbox always crashes (after turning screen on). Then when I go back to the app two things happen additionally: resuming always from beginning of the song and very often volume is set automatically to max (I'm scared to put on my IEMs before checking the volume :wink:).

I have a few little bugs with Neutron but that's Neutron's problem.
If you Rockboxed your device it's an issue to submit to the developers of Rockbox.
FiiO did not write any of that code.

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #6,072 of 15,899

I have a few little bugs with Neutron but that's Neutron's problem.
If you Rockboxed your device it's an issue to submit to the developers of Rockbox.
FiiO did not write any of that code.

Not sure if those are only bugs on Rockbox's side, as the same issues are not present on Cayin i5 and this player has an even older Android.

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #6,074 of 15,899
Loving this player but I cannot believe anyone wants a bass boost switch, using my Sony mdr1a's or Dunu d2000's I need a bass cut switch (joking) as it is plentiful

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #6,075 of 15,899
is a bass boost a common feature on daps? I've owned a couple and don't recall there being one outside of doing it with EQ settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back