Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 24, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #15,886 of 15,897
Hello to all,
I've been offered a X5iii but there is a slight problem, the owner deleted the FiiO Music App and for some reason can't reinstall it.

I've tried downloading the Music App but unable to locate a downloading source.

I believe you can obtain it from the Google Play store, is that correct?

I need more information before I commit to buy the item.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Best Regards
Raymond
It's of limited help, but I haven't used the FiiO app in years (it struggled with my big library on my 400GB and 512GB cards) - I bought NeutronMP.
You might try the FiiO forum? https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202105071626425774349&tid=17

Mar 24, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #15,890 of 15,897
Mar 24, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #15,891 of 15,897
Hello to all,
I've been offered a X5iii but there is a slight problem, the owner deleted the FiiO Music App and for some reason can't reinstall it.

I've tried downloading the Music App but unable to locate a downloading source.

I believe you can obtain it from the Google Play store, is that correct?

I need more information before I commit to buy the item.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Best Regards
Raymond
[I'm late to the party, whoops!]

Just a quick stop to the forum section of FiiO's website is all that's needed. There's a repository of all versions there. The version attainable from play store is geared towards modern Android phones, whereas the version this player needs is the one specified for "X series Android players".

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #15,892 of 15,897
Thank you so much.
Regards
Ray
I never had ANY issues with Fiio X5III and was able to download the player and updates. All of my files are lossless FLAC format and are loaded on the SD cards in folders by artist and then folders within each one by album. Album art is embedded on in the ID3 files as 400x400 folder.jpg files. If it's a compilation album with seperate cover art for each disc/album, I embed the individual covers in the appropriate ID3 tag and then put the main cover art as a folder.jpg file in the artist and album folder. The storage requirement for this was negligible and it never had an issue with displaying the correct album art. I was using two 500gb Sandisc SD cards with no issues. I did try LEXAR cards -they did NOT work. I always used the Fiio pure music mode unless I wanted to listen and watch a video. Then I used the Android mode and a third partyys video player app. I have always preferred the AKM dacs - I just think they are less analytical and more musical sounding. And it is all about the music!

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #15,894 of 15,897
Mar 28, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #15,897 of 15,897
Thank you all for your help, going to get hold of the player from the seller to see if I can get the player up and running.
Regards
Ray
If you've got time to tinker, once it's in your possession, see my signature link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back