[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 24, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #1,846 of 3,610
I've had this for a three days now and exclusively listening to it. Unfortunately, because of android limitation, everything is resampled to 48khz when using External DAC. Only the Fiio music app have an "Exclusive" mode(USB output turned on) where you can bypass this limitation but if you turned that on you won't be able to use Tidal or Spotify. Now knowing this Android limitation, when using the headphone jack, how can we be so sure that it's not resampled? That's pretty disappointing to be honest. You would think that being an audio company they have figured out the android limitation. I guess they did but only with their Fiio music app.

Anyways, I'll be returning this and probably wait for the Shanling M2x. At least that one will support Tidal and it's not android based. Too bad you will not be able to download Tidal tracks on that one. Argh! Can't have it all. D:

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #1,848 of 3,610
Hi everyone,

I'm having a strange and very annoying issue with my M6 using in-ear monitors (TRN V80) or the line out (to my car audio).
When I use my TRN V80 with a new upgraded cable (TRN 8 Core cable) or when I hook it up via line-out to my car stereo there's
a constant high-pitched digital noise in the background (my guess is somewhere around 9 or 10 kHz), making it impossible to listen to
music

With the standard 4-core iem cable on the TRN's there's NO noise. I've measured impedance of the TRN's with both cables and there's minimal
difference (only tenths of an Ohm). When I use my TRNs with the new cable on other sources (iPhone, computer, other DAC) there's
NO noise. As I believed the upgraded cable might be broken (a short somewhere) I bought another one, but still same problem.

Any people having same issue? Seems like an impedance issue between M6 DAC/Amp and cable/headphones.
Or is my M6 broken? I don't have access to another M6 to test..

Thanks for checking / reading!

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #1,849 of 3,610
does anyone else have the same problem that when using FiiO Music almost every time a song changes there is a short skip/pause at the beginning of the next song? The issue has been there always for me but now it’s really starting to annoy me. I have tried factory reset, different sd cards formatted to both FAT32 and exFAT. All my music is on the sd card. Using Spotify online and offline there has been no problem

Hi, i'm having the same issue. Right after a song has started, there's a very very short pause / mute. It's like as if the DAC is locking on to the file format played or something like that. To me it's no big issue though but it's definitely there.

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #1,850 of 3,610
@FiiO

Re enquiries for white-listing certain apps for the FiiO M6. Some of the FiiO white-listing takes their customers for fools and should be constantly challenged. No podcast app. No audio-book app. No casting app on M9. None of those need be resource heavy. FiiO claim lack of their own resources. I say lack of respect for customers. Would be sad if the future M11 has problems with these apps. It has no Google play and as far as I know the FiiO app is still unable to cast to WiFi boxes, and has dodgy DLNA. It's a very limited music app and not good enough. FiiO must have the honesty to recognise the limitations of their music app and give some other choices. How involved should your customers be FiiO? We are not asking for miracle hardware fixes, we are asking for simple software whitelisting of capable apps, which is completely within your generosity of spirit.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #1,851 of 3,610
Hi, i'm having the same issue. Right after a song has started, there's a very very short pause / mute. It's like as if the DAC is locking on to the file format played or something like that. To me it's no big issue though but it's definitely there.

I actually found that it is an issue in both the M6 and the M9. It has to do with the gapless playback option not working properly when the shuffle is on and that is how I have been listening to my music. I tried to listen with shuffle off and the issue disappeared (you need to have the gapless playback option enabled from the app setting tho). FiiO please fix it to work with shuffle too!

Mar 25, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #1,852 of 3,610
I actually found that it is an issue in both the M6 and the M9. It has to do with the gapless playback option not working properly when the shuffle is on and that is how I have been listening to my music. I tried to listen with shuffle off and the issue disappeared (you need to have the gapless playback option enabled from the app setting tho). FiiO please fix it to work with shuffle too!
AFAIK gapless wouldn't really be possible with shuffle. I could be wrong.

Mar 26, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #1,854 of 3,610

Gapless is not possible with shuffling. The very nature of gapless is that:
  1. The album must be recorded gapless
  2. The tracks have to be played on that album in order

Mar 26, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #1,855 of 3,610
Gapless is not possible with shuffling. The very nature of gapless is that:
  1. The album must be recorded gapless
  2. The tracks have to be played on that album in order

Ok thanks for informing me. So is the little skip/stop at the beginning of tracks something that occurs universally in every software that plays music? And that I just have never noticed it before because of maybe crossfade or some similar feature has been turned on by default?

Mar 26, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #1,856 of 3,610
Just an update for anyone who ordered through AVGear on Amazon.ca, Canada Post found the shipment in their warehouse (magically) and they should all be arriving today/tomorrow. AVGear was nice enough to reimburse me an amount for the wait, unfortunate situation but good customer service by the seller.

Mar 26, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #1,859 of 3,610
Just an update for anyone who ordered through AVGear on Amazon.ca, Canada Post found the shipment in their warehouse (magically) and they should all be arriving today/tomorrow. AVGear was nice enough to reimburse me an amount for the wait, unfortunate situation but good customer service by the seller.

lol. Well...I don't need it now. I ordered one from Ali. AVgear already re-imbursed me the full amount...and how the hell can Canada Post lose a shipment for more than a month??

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #1,860 of 3,610
lol. Well...I don't need it now. I ordered one from Ali. AVgear already re-imbursed me the full amount...and how the hell can Canada Post lose a shipment for more than a month??
That's a great question we may never know the answer to, definitely a first for me in all my years of ordering products. lol Glad it worked out for you in the end, enjoying it so far? I really like the form factor and how it feels in the hand, haven't listened just yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back