[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Nov 4, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #3,601 of 3,610
I wanted to try that as well or a Bluetooth version. But I don’t like having a phone on my telephone. I mostly listen at travels and I wanted a separate device not draining my phones battery.
Agreed , that's my whole point . Anyway ,just got a new m6 for 100 ish euros , not cheap but I don't think there's a better offline player I can find which has such small factor and can add apps if needed .

Will report soon .

Also there is something wierdly peaceful for me about having an offline player that you can solely enjoy your music with 0 distractions.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #3,602 of 3,610
Agreed , that's my whole point . Anyway ,just got a new m6 for 100 ish euros , not cheap but I don't think there's a better offline player I can find which has such small factor and can add apps if needed .

Will report soon .

Also there is something wierdly peaceful for me about having an offline player that you can solely enjoy your music with 0 distractions.
Thats my point but the player is so slow it’s not even funny. Completely pointless for apps.

Nov 4, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #3,603 of 3,610
I wanted to try that as well or a Bluetooth version. But I don’t like having a phone on my telephone. I mostly listen at travels and I wanted a separate device not draining my phones battery.
Of course, I cannot criticize m6 on that issue. Bluetooth amplifier mode is good.

Nov 10, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #3,604 of 3,610
So got my m6 up and running, so far so good love the form factor and added advantage of being able to use musicolet etc. Spotify works fine, will try newpipe legacy today as well as tidal.

I did install apple Music apk but for some reason it installs fine but can't log in, anyone know why might that be? Lack of Full fledged Gapps?

On a side note what other apps do people use on their m6?

I also didn't see YouTube music on the white listed app was wondering if I can make it work or blackhole which I use as alternative to apple Music on my Android. Will report back later.

Really love the sound and form factor of m6 so far though.

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #3,605 of 3,610
So got my m6 up and running, so far so good love the form factor and added advantage of being able to use musicolet etc. Spotify works fine, will try newpipe legacy today as well as tidal.

I did install apple Music apk but for some reason it installs fine but can't log in, anyone know why might that be? Lack of Full fledged Gapps?

I also didn't see YouTube music on the white listed app was wondering if I can make it work or blackhole which I use as alternative to apple Music on my Android. Will report back later.

Really love the sound and form factor of m6 so far though.
As far as I know, the whitelist limitation has been removed in latest firmware. Musicolet works very stable, that's what I was using. But who knows, if you use a lot of apps, the ram may decrease even more.

Nov 10, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #3,606 of 3,610
that’s why I upgraded to the Shanling M1s, much faster player even tho it only has Tidal. but I use mostly offline music or Bluetooth streaming from phone.

Most of the apps I had on my M6 didn’t work at all or if very slowly.

And most importantly it sounds a lot better than I thought it would be. By that I mean the improvement in sound quality is more than worth it.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #3,607 of 3,610
correct me if I am wrong but shanling m1s
that’s why I upgraded to the Shanling M1s, much faster player even tho it only has Tidal. but I use mostly offline music or Bluetooth streaming from phone.

Most of the apps I had on my M6 didn’t work at all or if very slowly.

And most importantly it sounds a lot better than I thought it would be. By that I mean the improvement in sound quality is more than worth it.

cant do streaming can it ?

Nov 11, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #3,608 of 3,610
As far as I know, the whitelist limitation has been removed in latest firmware. Musicolet works very stable, that's what I was using. But who knows, if you use a lot of apps, the ram may decrease even more.
Hmm i know , musicolet works super stable . I wish i can make apple music work but I cant seem to login , spotify works ok though .

I will try newpipe and youtube music and radio paradise apks once i get time . I reckon it might start lagging with too many apos though. But overall super satisfied with m6 for the price.

Nov 12, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #3,609 of 3,610
I'm using my M6 with the Fiio Music App to play my music files from SD Card and with the Podcast Republic app for listening to podcast.
The podcast app automatically downloads new episodes for offline listening through wifi.
Everything works fine.

I've tried Amazon music app, but it was so slow in the UI and in downloading the library. So I don't use it anymore on the M6.

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #3,610 of 3,610
Never tried this DAP but I always wanted to. Does it compete these days just talkin sound quality, and at what price? I read it’s similar to the K3 sound which would be awesome cuz I really enjoyed that unit. For reference, DAPs I’ve tried around the same price are the xDuoo X3ii, HiBy R3 Pro Saber (first iteration), and Shanling Q1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back