[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Oct 26, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #3,586 of 3,610
Well I would prefer something else but I find android players distracting and sold my a-105.
You realize that M6 is an android player, right? Android 7 i think (or 8? don't remember)
Anyway, it's slow and outdated. I have replaced mine with Sony A306, it has better hardware and Android 12

Oct 26, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #3,587 of 3,610
You realize that M6 is an android player, right? Android 7 i think (or 8? don't remember)
Anyway, it's slow and outdated. I have replaced mine with Sony A306, it has better hardware and Android 12
I totally agree

Oct 26, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #3,588 of 3,610
Depends , it's not full blown android and only allows some whitelisted apps from my understanding so less distracting .

I still prefer my Sansa clip for pure listening , but it's getting outdated now and has no search function etc so my idea was use M6 with musicolet for Flacs but if it streams as well sometimes would be added bonus.

Oct 26, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #3,589 of 3,610
Depends , it's not full blown android and only allows some whitelisted apps from my understanding so less distracting .

I still prefer my Sansa clip for pure listening , but it's getting outdated now and has no search function etc so my idea was use M6 with musicolet for Flacs but if it streams as well sometimes would be added bonus.
Also current offering of android Daps is too expensive tbh , so M6 makes sense to me, if I wanted full android I would rather get a lg v20 or something and use it without sin than get a DAP.

Oct 27, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #3,590 of 3,610
Also current offering of android Daps is too expensive tbh , so M6 makes sense to me, if I wanted full android I would rather get a lg v20 or something and use it without sin than get a DAP.
Off course, you are totally right.

We all know that it's an outdated DAP, but even that, it can make sense and be option despite newer DAP, price and size can be 2 off.

Currently I use more for offline use for outdoor activities, but I have TIDAL installed and I remember to use it fine, not the best smooth and fast experience, but acceptable.

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #3,591 of 3,610
The M6 is still my go to DAP. I use Tidal tho, not Spotify. Tidal works very smoothly both online and offline. My brother has one and he uses Spotify online and offline and never had issues. Amazon Music if I remember correctly struggled and wasn't stable.

There's something unique about the M6 sound. It's not nearly as bright as newer Sabre chips and has a lovely balance. Nice punchy bass. I've never had to use an AMP with it.

I don't really use Bluetooth much apart from running, where I use a Creative BT iem, but it connects quickly and is stable. Never had an issue with it connecting to my Android phones. It won't connect to everything tho, like my Amazon devices. Possibly an error on my end?

No surprise these still sell for £80-100 on eBay uk.

Oct 27, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #3,592 of 3,610
I made that mistake too. I'll say it again, I'll always say it, it's not an outdated product, it's a stillborn product. When it first came on the market and I received it, it was extremely slow and bad to use. If I had known that this device was like this and that it used so little RAM (not even 1GB), I would not have bothered to buy it. A disgraceful experience. Moreover, unfortunately, you cannot even use it as a DAC on your phone.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #3,593 of 3,610
On a side note I am in uk as well , whats would be the best place to find a used m6 in uk ? I thought i might get em cheaper but ebay has em around 100ish euro yeah .

Also if anyones selling here ill be interested !

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #3,594 of 3,610
Also I am currently between walkman a-55 and m6 but the fact i can use something like musicolet with m6 which gives me search functionality and some streaming is whats tilting me towards m6 but obv a-55 is a great device too with its own pros.

Oct 28, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #3,595 of 3,610
Also I am currently between walkman a-55 and m6 but the fact i can use something like musicolet with m6 which gives me search functionality and some streaming is whats tilting me towards m6 but obv a-55 is a great device too with its own pros.
Have you tried the Walkman One fw?

Oct 28, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #3,597 of 3,610
No I dont own the device yet so no , but i was just readibg about it . Does that add search eyc functionality to walkman ? because afaik thats still not possiblr in walkman one fw
Unfortunately not

Nov 1, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #3,598 of 3,610
Finally will upgrade my M6 for a Shanling M1s. I just could not anymore this thing is soo freaking slow, drops out in all kinda ways at times. Will report when its here. :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #3,599 of 3,610
I got rid of my m6 too. I solved my problem forever. Always a powerful, high-quality and fast experience with the fiio ka13 + phone duo.

Nov 4, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #3,600 of 3,610
I got rid of my m6 too. I solved my problem forever. Always a powerful, high-quality and fast experience with the fiio ka13 + phone duo.
I wanted to try that as well or a Bluetooth version. But I don’t like having a phone on my telephone. I mostly listen at travels and I wanted a separate device not draining my phones battery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back