[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 23, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #1,831 of 3,610
Dear friend,

Regarding the white list of 3rd-party apps on M6/M9: https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/152463.html

We could report to the engineer about the APP you mentioned. But we could not promise the APP will be added or not.

Best regards

Yup, that's fine. I've just always noticed that Hiby ran more smoothly and faster on your previous Android devices, so it might be a great app to use on the M9/M6 platform too.

Mar 23, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #1,832 of 3,610
This is probably one hell of a long shot, @FiiO , but would it be possible to whitelist the Hiby music app?

I agree it's indeed a long shot, given that HibyMusic app is from a competitor (of course, FiiO would favor their own FiiO Music app, which is while a great player, has some issues plaguing the app, most notably the folder view not arranged alphabetically and the glitchy Chinese characters issue in which special characters like é, Ø, Ü are displayed as Chinese characters instead), but I really want to see HibyMusic app being whitelisted in the M6. Enjoyed using it on my smartphone, since navigation is a breeze, and the HibyLink feature is great.

Dear friend,

Regarding the white list of 3rd-party apps on M6/M9: https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/152463.html

We could report to the engineer about the APP you mentioned. But we could not promise the APP will be added or not.

Best regards
I think you should REALLY consider adding HibyMusic app to the M6's whitelist, @FiiO, along with other music player apps like PowerAmp, foobar2000 for Android, etc. PLEASE consider whitelisting it on the next firmware update. It's better for your customers to have more options in regards to their choice of music player app. Besides, the M6 will have a better value for money if the users have great number of options.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,834 of 3,610
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #1,835 of 3,610
does anyone else have the same problem that when using FiiO Music almost every time a song changes there is a short skip/pause at the beginning of the next song? The issue has been there always for me but now it’s really starting to annoy me. I have tried factory reset, different sd cards formatted to both FAT32 and exFAT. All my music is on the sd card. Using Spotify online and offline there has been no problem

Mar 23, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #1,839 of 3,610
How to pair my phone to M6 to use as DAC ? i got a USB-C to C cable..but when i connect them..it only charges my phone using M6 battery. My phone is a Moto One power.
I want to use M6 connected to my phone and use bluetooth(LDAC).

If you want to connect them via Bluetooth, then why are you trying to connect them via a cable?

Mar 23, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #1,841 of 3,610
Sorry I meant. I want to connect phone and M6 via a cable and use the Bluetooth to send music to my headphones.
Do you have Bluetooth headphones? Why not sending directly from phone to headphones? If the headphones are wired I recommend either BTR1K or BTR3. Great devices.

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #1,843 of 3,610
I have Bluetooth headphones, Sony whxm2. Will get a btr3 and shure 215 soon.
I want to try this way as I notice using phone and headphones on LDAC drains battery of phone at a rapid rate.
Maybe using M6 as in between will put less drain on battery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back