[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 26, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #1,861 of 3,610
I like it a lot actually. Sounds great on its own or paired with my BTR1k. I use it solely to stream Spotify so I won't be encountering any of the issues people have had with Tidal or anything else. Love the size of the thing...it's much more convenient for the gym than my Iphone7

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #1,862 of 3,610
Just an update for anyone who ordered through AVGear on Amazon.ca, Canada Post found the shipment in their warehouse (magically) and they should all be arriving today/tomorrow. AVGear was nice enough to reimburse me an amount for the wait, unfortunate situation but good customer service by the seller.

I stopped following the thread once I got my M7 from AVGear instead, however I was still getting email notifications about this thread in hopes the Canada Post issue was fixed, and what do I see this afternoon :D. Thanks for letting everyone know, as I called them up to start the exchange process and will FINALLY have my hands on an M6

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #1,864 of 3,610
Just an update for anyone who ordered through AVGear on Amazon.ca, Canada Post found the shipment in their warehouse (magically) and they should all be arriving today/tomorrow. AVGear was nice enough to reimburse me an amount for the wait, unfortunate situation but good customer service by the seller.

Glad to hear, I half expected to see a bunch of Canada Post couriers delivering mail listening to the missing DAP's. :)
lol. Well...I don't need it now. I ordered one from Ali. AVgear already re-imbursed me the full amount...and how the hell can Canada Post lose a shipment for more than a month??

Have you ever tried talking to Canada Post when they neglect to deliver a package? It doesn't surprise me at all, not the sharpest tools in the shed. I am sure it happens more often than you think, especially if it was handled on a Friday.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #1,865 of 3,610
I stopped following the thread once I got my M7 from AVGear instead, however I was still getting email notifications about this thread in hopes the Canada Post issue was fixed, and what do I see this afternoon :D. Thanks for letting everyone know, as I called them up to start the exchange process and will FINALLY have my hands on an M6

Glad to hear you pulled the trigger, how are you liking the M7?

Unfortunately the M7 thread is pretty much dead so I come here to look for any possible updates. Since most posts are about white listed apps and streaming I only check in periodically.

Mar 27, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #1,866 of 3,610
Hi I might get m6 this week. Just want to ask if anybody experienced slowdown after months using? Thanks in advance

Mar 27, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #1,867 of 3,610
With regards to the issue with the slight stuttering at the start of songs using Fiio music, I have also been experiencing this problem, off and on.

For me it’s not to do with gapless playback, or the shuffle function. If I play a gapless album and let it play through the songs on it’s own, it works perfectly.

It’s when I select a new track to play, it plays for a fraction of a second, then it stutters very briefly before playing normally. If I start the song over again, it doesn’t do it. I get the impression it’s when the player first reads the song from the SD card, but then once the music’s been cached, it’s fine.

This issue didn’t seem so bad after the first firmware upgrade, but it still happens. Although it’s not a major problem, it’s not something I expect any music player to do.

Mar 27, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #1,868 of 3,610
Hi I might get m6 this week. Just want to ask if anybody experienced slowdown after months using? Thanks in advance

I've had mine for 3 months. I still think this is the best value, good sounding and useful little dap. LDAC, APTX HD, and WiFi streaming, wow and good battery life. Mine has not slowed down although it is not spontaneous in reaction. For me all the positives outweigh any negatives and I am the first to criticise FiiO for not helping headfi-ers with white-listing resource light apps. That's naughty FiiO. BUT it is a great little dap and unless you want instantaneous response it's a recommended DAP.

Mar 27, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #1,869 of 3,610
Hello! Faced a problem: when connect the player to a laptop, it does not appear in drives. The drivers are installed successfully, the connection icon appears in the taskbar as Exynos: https://c2n.me/40FpzCI
The problem is in the connection to the laptop, the system disk with the player does not appear. Please help me figure it out. I would like to resolve the issue painlessly (without reinstalling the operating system).

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #1,870 of 3,610
I've had mine for 3 months. I still think this is the best value, good sounding and useful little dap. LDAC, APTX HD, and WiFi streaming, wow and good battery life. Mine has not slowed down although it is not spontaneous in reaction. For me all the positives outweigh any negatives and I am the first to criticise FiiO for not helping headfi-ers with white-listing resource light apps. That's naughty FiiO. BUT it is a great little dap and unless you want instantaneous response it's a recommended DAP.
Thanks. A pal of mine also said the same thing. I think I'm gonna save a little bit and wait for the M11.

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #1,871 of 3,610
Ok thanks for informing me. So is the little skip/stop at the beginning of tracks something that occurs universally in every software that plays music? And that I just have never noticed it before because of maybe crossfade or some similar feature has been turned on by default?

It depends on the player, and the settings. Some use fade in or fade out. But gapless means that if an album is recorded as one continuous track (seamlessly advancing from one track to another), when played in order you won't have an gaps. The M6 has perfect gapless with FLAC tracks, but very small gaps with aac (lossy).

If you want to test this - grab yourself a copy of virtually any Pink Floyd album.

Mar 27, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #1,872 of 3,610
Glad to hear you pulled the trigger, how are you liking the M7?

Unfortunately the M7 thread is pretty much dead so I come here to look for any possible updates. Since most posts are about white listed apps and streaming I only check in periodically.

Wasn't really a fan of the design aside from the scroll wheel which was a godsend. Had to mess around with the firmware a bit as well as personalizing it, but for the most part it was a very solid DAP for the price. Sound Sig wise I found it to get too warm at times for me with vocals sounding recessed and fighting for space, while other times it was perfect. Soundstage and imaging while already very good on the MSR7 alone, was made more spacious with the M7.

Alas being a university student I am out and about most of the day, and the lack of wifi in it when compared to the M6 (at the same price no less) became a deal breaker. Those Spotify-published playlists I use for studying and weightlifting were calling for me :triportsad: The More neutral sound signature of the M6 should also be more up my alley

Mar 27, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #1,873 of 3,610
Making themes for FiiO's latest devices probably isn't going to happen, so I thought why not create some interesting wallpapers?

Here's my first attempt, feel free to use it..one is for the home screen, the other for the lock screen...would be cool to see what some real Photoshop gurus can come up with.
Screenshot_20190327-224810.png

vinyl - home..png vinyl - lockscreen..png

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #1,874 of 3,610
All I want for @FiiO is to whitelist other music player apps like HibyMusic, PowerAmp, etc. That's all. :p

Yep I think that would be a wise move by now. I've been trying the newest VLC in my phone and it's cool too, with nifty chromecast support and all.

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #1,875 of 3,610
Making themes for FiiO's latest devices probably isn't going to happen, so I thought why not create some interesting wallpapers?

Here's my first attempt, feel free to use it..one is for the home screen, the other for the lock screen...would be cool to see what some real Photoshop gurus can come up with.

Great idea @TheoS53! They look great will try them thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back