[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 27, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #1,876 of 3,610
Making themes for FiiO's latest devices probably isn't going to happen, so I thought why not create some interesting wallpapers?

Here's my first attempt, feel free to use it..one is for the home screen, the other for the lock screen...would be cool to see what some real Photoshop gurus can come up with.

They look great! Another thing for the head-fi community to bring to the table to improve the experience

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #1,877 of 3,610
Mar 27, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #1,878 of 3,610
Wasn't really a fan of the design aside from the scroll wheel which was a godsend. Had to mess around with the firmware a bit as well as personalizing it, but for the most part it was a very solid DAP for the price. Sound Sig wise I found it to get too warm at times for me with vocals sounding recessed and fighting for space, while other times it was perfect. Soundstage and imaging while already very good on the MSR7 alone, was made more spacious with the M7.

Alas being a university student I am out and about most of the day, and the lack of wifi in it when compared to the M6 (at the same price no less) became a deal breaker. Those Spotify-published playlists I use for studying and weightlifting were calling for me :triportsad: The More neutral sound signature of the M6 should also be more up my alley

Sorry to hear that, I would have thought the M7 would have been a good match with the somewhat sibilant MSR7's with it having a warmer sound. I love mine and it is far more forgiving across all the genre's I like than my supposedly more neutral M0 was. I will stick with the M7 and maybe will check out the next generation M6. Hopefully with a better Exynos chip since the 7270 is discontinued. My only issue with the M7 so far is it seems to take multiple attempts to get it to scan new tracks and scanning is kind of slow. Oh and Fiio needs to fix the track sorting as mine never seems to play in the right order. It seems to sort in a combination of artist + album + track vs just playing in alphabetical order.

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #1,879 of 3,610
Sorry to hear that, I would have thought the M7 would have been a good match with the somewhat sibilant MSR7's with it having a warmer sound. I love mine and it is far more forgiving across all the genre's I like than my supposedly more neutral M0 was. I will stick with the M7 and maybe will check out the next generation M6. Hopefully with a better Exynos chip since the 7270 is discontinued. My only issue with the M7 so far is it seems to take multiple attempts to get it to scan new tracks and scanning is kind of slow. Oh and Fiio needs to fix the track sorting as mine never seems to play in the right order. It seems to sort in a combination of artist + album + track vs just playing in alphabetical order.

I agree, not being able to sort alphabetically by artist for playlists was a major grievance, especially when you want to look for a specific song. My gigantic fingers dont find it pleasing typing on such a small screen either :/ Hopefully that's something fiio can add to their player in the future

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #1,880 of 3,610
If they are not going to update and fix fiio music, they should whitelist hiby music and other apps. It would make fiio m6 completely OP, who would buy a Hiby R3 (or any other low-cost device they decide to launch) if you can have a fiio m6 with android and the same music app? I tell you, no one. So @FiiO @JamesFiiO you should transmit it to the devs, giving options to customers is never bad and you can take advantage of android os to dismantle the competition.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,881 of 3,610
If they are not going to update and fix fiio music, they should whitelist hiby music and other apps. It would make fiio m6 completely OP, who would buy a Hiby R3 (or any other low-cost device they decide to launch) if you can have a fiio m6 with android and the same music app? I tell you, no one. So @FiiO @JamesFiiO you should transmit it to the devs, giving options to customers is never bad and you can take advantage of android os to dismantle the competition.

+1
I've been asking for hiby music for a while, uapp would be nice also.

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #1,882 of 3,610
Yep I think that would be a wise move by now. I've been trying the newest VLC in my phone and it's cool too, with nifty chromecast support and all.
Yeah, it's definitely a wise move if they did. With most people here in this thread clamoring for whitelisting other music player apps like HibyMusic, etc, @FiiO should really consider our requests and suggestions. Here's hoping that they don't turn a blind eye...

+1 on here, too. Indeed, if they added more apps to the whitelist, the M6 (and other related DAPs) would become the most sought-after DAP that would beat Hiby R3 and (lmao) Hidizs AP80. Go for it, @FiiO, @JamesFiiO !

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #1,883 of 3,610
I’ve just received a Fiio M6 and have a minor problem. Well, first thing to say is that out of the box things have been a bit buggy and frustrating but I've updated the player and the experience seems to be stable now, apart from Apps. Tidal wants to update itself but crashes if you try so I've got an update from the Fiio whitelisted apps page. This one also wants to update itself and also crashes so I have just selected "do not ask me again" and Tidal seems fine after that.

I bought the player really to use as a Roon digital transport. First I dowloaded the Roon APK from the Fiio whitelisted page but this needs updating as its Roon 1.5. Most folks will already be on Roon 1.6 and the Roon 1.5 APK will not work if your Roon library is on 1.6. Therefore I downloaded the latest Roon Remote for Android APK from Roon’s own downloads page.

Unfortunately I have an issue with Roon when using the USB C digital out of the Fiio player to my DAC (micro USB / Chord Hugo 2). I am getting some random crackly digital noise coming in and out every 2-30 seconds or so (though it isn’t repetitive or cyclical). Roon sounds fine though through the headphone out on the Fiio player. I do not get this noise with the native Fiio music app or using the Tidal app on USB dig out. Any advice on settings to rid me of the digital noise from the USB output with Roon? Or something for the Fiio team to look into @FiiO @JamesFiiO? I have already informed Roon support.

Also I have had several crashes and bits of the interface are often unresponsive. The “Play Now” button for instance doesn’t always work forcing you to select the first track in an album and selecting “play from here”.

The Fiio M6 will make an excellent little Roon remote endpoint / digital transport for DAC’s if these little bugs can be ironed out.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #1,884 of 3,610
Some pics of the m6 leather case, fits nice, buttons work well and it looks nicer/classier than the clear tpu one imo.

20190327_171742.jpg
20190327_171758.jpg
20190327_171930.jpg
20190327_172338.jpg
20190327_172408.jpg

Mar 27, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #1,885 of 3,610
Some pics of the m6 leather case, fits nice, buttons work well and it looks nicer/classier than the clear tpu one imo.

Yeah it's very cool indeed. I've put mine on sale but seeing it won't sell lol I think I'll keep it. Thing is I got me this fine Blackberry case that fits like a glove but not with the leather case.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #1,887 of 3,610
Mar 27, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #1,890 of 3,610
Mine fits pretty tight, not as low profile as the tpu case but it's nice.

Yeah it DOES fit tight :) Taking it out is a little PITA as I discovered myself (some have mentioned that elsewhere hehe). But it's very classy, the buttons shape and all that's cool.
With the TPU case I can fit it alright in the Blackberry case, I'm delighted! But both things would be perfect, leather & BB case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back