[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 22, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #1,816 of 3,610
This is probably one hell of a long shot, @FiiO , but would it be possible to whitelist the Hiby music app?
If i was given a choice for one music player app id go for UAPP

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,817 of 3,610
Just received the little case for the M6 from ebay UK. Bit expensive at £18.00 but it does fit well. On the back there is a recessed small square which looks like it should say high res, or have the word FiiO in it, but it is recessed and empty. Still it looks good. Also I received a Massdrop of the Tin Audio T3 IEMs. I now have the whole set of the T2s, T2 Pros, and the T3s (silly having them all isn't it) and the T3's sound great with the FiiO M6 and are, to my hearing, a lot better than both the T2s and T2 Pros. The T3s are relatively flat, musical, organic and have a little more bass than their predecessors. I don't like the foam tips at all, they seem to lose the bass, but the large Silicon tips seem to enhance the bass. The T3s are pretty special.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #1,818 of 3,610
Just received the little case for the M6 from ebay UK. Bit expensive at £18.00 but it does fit well. On the back there is a recessed small square which looks like it should say high res, or have the word FiiO in it, but it is recessed and empty. Still it looks good. Also I received a Massdrop of the Tin Audio T3 IEMs. I now have the whole set of the T2s, T2 Pros, and the T3s (silly having them all isn't it) and the T3's sound great with the FiiO M6 and are, to my hearing, a lot better than both the T2s and T2 Pros. The T3s are relatively flat, musical, organic and have a little more bass than their predecessors. I don't like the foam tips at all, they seem to lose the bass, but the large Silicon tips seem to enhance the bass. The T3s are pretty special.
If it's the C-M6 (the leather one) it should come with three hi res stickers.

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #1,819 of 3,610
Oh that is a real good one. It does support samba shares (NAS!) but itsi paid though. They haven't enabled any paid apk yet, not sure how that would work out. Also they're obviously pushing the fiio player so.. not holding my breath..

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #1,820 of 3,610

Have you used the Hiby app? I tried to get along with UAPP but the whole interface just feels so dated and unrefined. In contrast, Hiby felt more modern, better laid out and snappy...not to mention FREEEEEE!! :-D

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #1,822 of 3,610
Sadly it stickerless. Not a big deal. I'm not a real high res guy anyway. Spotify at 320kbps Ogg keeps me happy.
Yeah no big deal. It's a nice case!

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #1,823 of 3,610
Have you used the Hiby app? I tried to get along with UAPP but the whole interface just feels so dated and unrefined. In contrast, Hiby felt more modern, better laid out and snappy...not to mention FREEEEEE!! :-D
I have and i find the recent updates to UAPP very intuitive and use the app on a daily basis without any issues. Perhaps a revisit would settle it. :) I cant argue about the free part :D

Mar 22, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #1,824 of 3,610
quick question...how can i make it so Spotify stores downloaded files on the 64 gig sad card instead of filling up the 2 gigs on the M6?

There should be an option to choose the storage location in the Spotify app settings.

I got a reminder for a update on the tidal app .so how would I go about that? TIA

You will have to sideload the app to update it i.e. download the most recent apk manually and install it through the file browser. APKMirror should be a trustworthy source for the apk files.

Mar 22, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #1,826 of 3,610
Actually there doesn't appear to be. But I did figure it out - you have to copy the installation file onto the SD card and install the app from there. Then it uses the SD card for all it's storage needs...
Exactly! Somewhere buried in this huge thread.

Mar 22, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #1,827 of 3,610
There should be an option to choose the storage location in the Spotify app settings.

You will have to sideload the app to update it i.e. download the most recent apk manually and install it through the file browser. APKMirror should be a trustworthy source for the apk files.

Does that work with any app or is it just the whitelist ones still? Failing that does the M6 have any sort of bookmark/resume for podcast audiobook support as it is? Oh and how is gapless on it ?

Thanks

Mar 22, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #1,828 of 3,610
Actually there doesn't appear to be. But I did figure it out - you have to copy the installation file onto the SD card and install the app from there. Then it uses the SD card for all it's storage needs...

This doesn't make any sense given how Android works but fair enough if it works for you somehow. It should not matter from where you install the APK.

If you go to the settings in Spotify and scroll all the way to the bottom (under header "Other"), there is a setting to choose which storage location to use for everything, device storage or SD card. This setting is preset on my M6, I'm running Spotify 8.4.95.785.

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #1,829 of 3,610
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 22, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #1,830 of 3,610
This doesn't make any sense given how Android works but fair enough if it works for you somehow. It should not matter from where you install the APK.

If you go to the settings in Spotify and scroll all the way to the bottom (under header "Other"), there is a setting to choose which storage location to use for everything, device storage or SD card. This setting is preset on my M6, I'm running Spotify 8.4.95.785.

ah yes you are correct I see it now down beneath "other". But, it worked anyway so all good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back