[FiiO M3K] Probably the Most Cost-Effective Hi-Res Music Player, Discrete HiFi DAC Chip, Supports up to 384K/32B
Mar 12, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #301 of 636
They should really implement scrolling acceleration, just like in Rockbox. Holding the scroll button longer increases the scroll speed. I mean, they did advertise that this player can support SD cards up to 2TB, after all...

Mar 13, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #303 of 636
I resolved the problem with the scrolling by taking my time yesterday to sort the music in folders - genre, then artists subfolders, then albums.
It was worth it and it is easier now.
If I want random there is always that option.

My music is organized in folders, and every single song is tagged. But even so, my "Artists" section has over 1000 entries. I could tag those into genres? Sure, but that would be days and days of work. I'm not sure why I should do that when I never had any problem with any other previous DAP to scroll quickly through my collection...

Mar 13, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #304 of 636
Anyone have headphone recommendations for this DAP. At present Im using my old Apple EarPods. Read a lot of good reviews on Tin T2 but Ive never used an IEM before so a bit cautious.

Mar 13, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #305 of 636
Anyone have headphone recommendations for this DAP. At present Im using my old Apple EarPods. Read a lot of good reviews on Tin T2 but Ive never used an IEM before so a bit cautious.

Tin T3 would be much better than T2 at this moment

Or, if you want to get better earbuds, LinSoul BLD IEMs :)

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #306 of 636

I can tell you what I have: currently using my M50s with it (plenty of juice to drive them, I can't even go near max volume), and have recently ordered some TRN V80 (very cheap from Aliexpress atm...)

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #307 of 636
I use it with Ibasso It01 and Fiio F9 pro.
Ibasso is a bit less detailed but it is gentler to my ears and less fatiguing.
The improvement over my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5a prime entry level smartphone is there, it is noticeable but nothing spectacular I can't live without.
Off topic : Keep in mind that I use poweramp player on the phone which gives me better sound than any other app. N7 player is a bit behind, player pro is moderately behind, all other players are a lot behind.
I also have Viper 4 Android installed from the magisk repository but I almost never use it nowadays - interesting effects like tube sound or dynamic system with unbelievably powerful bass, very effective EQ, but it cannot magically improve the music.
I hope to soon be able to compare to Shanling M0 and I will report here.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #308 of 636
Elsewhere I had people doubting that I was doing things correctly. So here's a video demo of the problem I was talking about. FiiO reps, I hope you'll agree with me that this is really, really unusable. What if I am walking around, or driving, and I'm looking for a specific artist?

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #309 of 636
My review on M3K is live now :)

It is a pretty light, pretty quick, fully metallic, player with a good battery life! More info in the full review :)

Soon live on Head-Fi as well :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/03/sleek-performer-fiio-m3k-ultraportable-player-review.html

FiiO-M3K-DAP-Digital-Music-Player-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-Hi-Res-25.jpg

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #314 of 636
Mar 19, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #315 of 636
I wanted to buy one as a digital transport for a Fiio Q1 MkII (or K3), but gadgetexplained (http://www.gadgetexplained.com/2018/09/fiio-m3k-hi-res-digital-audio-player.html) says this:

"While the FiiO M3K has USB audio out function, it cannot be used as a digital transport for an external DAC."

Can someone explain this? Can I or can I not use it with the Q1mkII for my HD58X?
For what i understand the m3k does not support usb out to others dacs, i wanted one for the same reason (even same device, i have the q1mk2 too)...it´s possible to use it as a digital transport for the q1mk2 but using the 3.5 output,not usb

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back