[FiiO M3K] Probably the Most Cost-Effective Hi-Res Music Player, Discrete HiFi DAC Chip, Supports up to 384K/32B
Mar 4, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #286 of 636
An open request to Fiio: PLEASE add a user adjustable EQ to the next firmware update. The preset ones on the unit are absolutely worthless.

I recently purchased a set of first generation Westone W20 IEMs at the closeout pricing. I really like them a lot, but on some material I feel they could use a db or 2 of boost in the 4-6k range.

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #288 of 636
An open request to Fiio: PLEASE add a user adjustable EQ to the next firmware update. The preset ones on the unit are absolutely worthless.

I recently purchased a set of first generation Westone W20 IEMs at the closeout pricing. I really like them a lot, but on some material I feel they could use a db or 2 of boost in the 4-6k range.
Definitely agree. Custom EQ would be awesome.

Mar 4, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #289 of 636
Transfered some more files today. The manual rescan hanged(latest firmware)
Force rebooted, rescanned again no problems, everything was recognized.

By reboot do you mean reset to factory settings or just shut off and turn on again? When that happen to me I had to take out the card and reset to factory settings to get a complete scan. It only happen once during my first scan of 2000 songs.

Mar 4, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #290 of 636

Dear friend,

Yes. We will add the custom EQ in later firmware update.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 5, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #291 of 636
By reboot do you mean reset to factory settings or just shut off and turn on again? When that happen to me I had to take out the card and reset to factory settings to get a complete scan. It only happen once during my first scan of 2000 songs.
I have never seen rebooting being used as a synonym for factory resetting. So no. Just holding the power button for long and then booting up again.
Maybe it was harder the first time - too many songs. Now it just scans and adds the new ones.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #293 of 636
After using the M3K for a week I can honestly say this is an amazing DAP for those who just want to start and listen to all their music loaded into a card.The start button brings the player up and playing begins in seconds.The resume feature allows the song you shut off the player listening to, starting at the same place you shut off the player. Sound is great and no issues with my 2300 songs playing in random mode. One small criticism is no gapless playback on mp3 files but I can live with it. I read that a firmware update will soon allow custom equalizer mode but the player sounds fine without equalizer since using it lowers the volume a bit and offers no benefits to the great sound already in place. I had received an M6 previous to this but got sent a used one instead of new so I sent it back. I found the M6 took too long to start up and its internet and app streaming useless for my needs. M3K is less than half the cost of the M6 and a great, simple alternative.

Mar 8, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #296 of 636
Just noticed something while using my fiio m3k, after a long period of standby the play pause button works after a bit amount of delay, sometimes even needs to be unlocked. Whereas when the player is in use and unlocked, the button responds quickly. Does this happen to anyone?

Mar 11, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #297 of 636
I've received my M3K today, and here's my hot take:

It is a really pretty object. I like the feel, the weight, and the sleek looks. Even the silicone case has a snug fit and makes it look pretty neat. The screen looks better than I had anticipated, considering the size. I am someone who really likes to see the album art while playing, and although they are obviously small, the screen is bright enough and has enough resolution to allow to read even fairly small album titles on the covers.

I am far from an expert (my previous DAP was a 5.5.Gen iPod classic (the famous Wolfsom one) and my desktop DAC is a FiiO E10K (so very far from endgame stuff). However, this little M3K has quite surprised me for how clear and dynamic the sound is (I'm playing various FLAC files through my M50s). Definitely a step up from my iPod, and frankly a good match for the E10K too.

I have two complaints that I really hope FiiO will address in the next firmware update (if you are reading guys, please take notes!):

1) while the EQ presets are actually fairly good (although they kill a few Dbs of volume), having manual EQ would be a MASSIVE addition;
2) I have over 300GB of music on it, just over 1900 albums. Scrolling through the list takes quite a while. It is a bit faster using the "skip track" buttons, but still a bit too slow for some occasions. To patch this and add some incremental form of scrolling speed (or even simply keeping the scroll bar as it is, but making the "skip track" scroll speed much faster) would be quite necessary to be honest.

These two caveats aside, for what I paid for it it is unbelievable value for money. I still can't say anything about battery life (something I care about a great deal), but all reviews are in agreement about it being really really generous, so I'm not too concerned.

Mar 12, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #298 of 636
I've received my M3K today, and here's my hot take:

It is a really pretty object. I like the feel, the weight, and the sleek looks. Even the silicone case has a snug fit and makes it look pretty neat. The screen looks better than I had anticipated, considering the size. I am someone who really likes to see the album art while playing, and although they are obviously small, the screen is bright enough and has enough resolution to allow to read even fairly small album titles on the covers.

I am far from an expert (my previous DAP was a 5.5.Gen iPod classic (the famous Wolfsom one) and my desktop DAC is a FiiO E10K (so very far from endgame stuff). However, this little M3K has quite surprised me for how clear and dynamic the sound is (I'm playing various FLAC files through my M50s). Definitely a step up from my iPod, and frankly a good match for the E10K too.

I have two complaints that I really hope FiiO will address in the next firmware update (if you are reading guys, please take notes!):

1) while the EQ presets are actually fairly good (although they kill a few Dbs of volume), having manual EQ would be a MASSIVE addition;
2) I have over 300GB of music on it, just over 1900 albums. Scrolling through the list takes quite a while. It is a bit faster using the "skip track" buttons, but still a bit too slow for some occasions. To patch this and add some incremental form of scrolling speed (or even simply keeping the scroll bar as it is, but making the "skip track" scroll speed much faster) would be quite necessary to be honest.

These two caveats aside, for what I paid for it it is unbelievable value for money. I still can't say anything about battery life (something I care about a great deal), but all reviews are in agreement about it being really really generous, so I'm not too concerned.
Dear friend,

1. The custom EQ will be added in next firmware update.
2. We will report your suggestion to the engineer.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 12, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #299 of 636
Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Today I timed how long it takes for my list to scroll from A to Z in the "Artist" category (just over 1000 entries). 1 minute and 50 seconds. It is really a long time to keep pressing the button when you're out and about and just want to put some music on...

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #300 of 636
I resolved the problem with the scrolling by taking my time yesterday to sort the music in folders - genre, then artists subfolders, then albums.
It was worth it and it is easier now.
If I want random there is always that option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back