1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461
463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472
Next

Last
  1. stanleyshmanley
    Where is the setting for the deep sleep mode?

salla45 likes this.
  2. salla45
    yep asked this also earlier @gLer :)

cheers!

3. gLer
    If I'm not mistaken the M11 automatically goes into deep sleep mode when idle, or when you press the power button to switch off the screen with nothing playing. I could be wrong. Go to your Wi-Fi settings and make sure Wi-Fi during sleep is set to 'Never'. The is a setting in General - Power settings - to set the M11 to sleep after a certain period. Not sure what that does but mine is set to 0.

salla45 likes this.
  4. x X x
    Settings > General > Power-off timers:

Sleeps - force power off device after entered time
    Idle power off - power off device after enetered time - when not used

Deep Sleep functionality is build into Android.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    salla45 likes this.
  5. MichaelOH
    Hi,

A question about ReplayGain on the M11, and do forgive me if it's been covered in this thread before, but I don't think so...

The "album" setting is not working on hi-res files for me - and yes, they are tagged. Is this a known issue with hi-res files and ReplayGain? Am I missing a setting on the device?

Thanks!

6. Airsculpture
    So no one knows where the wallpaper is stored ?

7. harpo1
    Didn't work for me.

8. salla45
    @FiiO or anyone who may have had this issue and fixed it...

My M11 has gone MONO!

Any ideas how to fix it?

Mono, with the fiio player, with tidal, with cloudplayer, with poweramp, all mono!

The balance function works in the audio settings so it's not a cable or hp issue.

Please help!

In pure music mode, it's mono also.

PS... Testing further, it's NOT mono when used in DAC mode.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  9. jdtenny
    Anybody get loud POPS from their music? I'm trying to do some fault isolation here.

When I stream Tidal from my M11 via bluetooth HD to a Blu-dento HD receiver, I sometimes get VERY LOUD POPS on my speakers.

I have not noticed this when using headphones on the M11, thank heavens.
    So the question is which of the following might be the source of the problem:

1. The bluetooth transmission by the M11
    2. The bluetooth receiption/DAC by the Bludento receiver
    3. Whether the impurity comes from Tidal streaming, and it's just timing/coincidence I haven't heard it on my headphones (since I listen to my speakers far more often).

I have ruled out the amplifier because this has happened on two different amplifiers.
    I have ruled out the speakers because it happens on both speakers at the same time.
    I have not experienced this when using the FiiO app with local music, but I don't use it very often, most of my time is spent with Tidal.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? If it's Tidal, then more of you will have experienced it. If it's the Blu-dento receiver then perhaps I need to nag them.

10. RikudouGoku
    does anyone have the Little Bear B4-X that can answer if it has more power than the M11? Looking into buying some planar Iem and Headphones and those needs power. TIA

11. gLer
    E4CD18B3-D96C-45F5-9CC0-435C6769D0BE.jpeg

This is probably not ‘news’ to anyone who’s halfway familiar with the M11, but did you know it can double as a damn good, low noise, digital music streamer - with a touchscreen and remote control?

That’s right, with only Plex as the interface, I hooked up my M11 via digital coax to the digital input of an R-28 balanced amp/dac, and using my iPhone as a Plex remote control, proceeded to stream music from my Plex server to the R-28 via the M11.

Not only is this a much easier way to manage and control your music library, but since you’re streaming bitperfect files there’s zero quality loss. Moreover the M11 is a much quieter source than your PC, so expect a pitch black noise floor while you’re at it. And your PC is freed up to do other stuff.

You can also see exactly what’s streaming with one glance at the M11’s gorgeous screen. Try that with your Raspberry Pi, SOtM or Sonos next time!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    JRichardson1228 and Richter Di like this.
  12. batfier
    Sound great. Can the M11 also act as a Roon Endpoint?

13. gLer
    Yes it can, as far as I'm aware, but the Roon Android app is s*** (doesn't bypass SRC). There's an update in the works, though, I'm, reliably told (for the Roon app).

14. iFi audio
    That's a very cool case and even better that it's affordable!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
  15. Khan SW
    Pure music mode will not do anything to help you with power settings. All pure music mode does is make the Fiio Music app essentially full screen, so that it takes all the focus. Android is still running around in the background like it does outside of pure music mode so if you have any apps that are draining the battery normally (or services such as wifi, bluetooth, etc) it will still continue to do so. I think a lot of people are confused that Pure music mode is something similar to iBasso's mango os or something similar, it's not.

ExpatinJapan likes this.
First

Back
452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461
463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472
Next

Last