[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #6,902 of 9,288
After a long time of analysis, currently,we think that this problem is caused by Amazon Music itself, but we will still follow that problem.
1. In Amazon music v16.2.4 version, a sampling rate less than 88.2k cannot be played , while v16.1.10 version can.
2. When playing sampling rate 48K in amazon music v16.2.4, the parameters are not set correctly, which lead to the crash of libOpenSLES library
W libOpenSLES: Leaving BufferQueue::Enqueue (SL_RESULT_PARAMETER_INVALID)
AmznMusic_DMPPlayer: [audiodriverimp.cpp :289] Failed to enqueue next frame, enqueue result code = 2
The final result is that the application has no data for the underlying playback. So the underlying mixer programme enters standby mode.

3. When the third-party app starts playback first (the sampling rate is higher than or equal to 88.2k), the underlying will use the previous parameter to set track if you turn on the Amazon Music app after that. And the Amazon Music app could work fine now.

Therefore, this issue with sampling rate less than 88.2k is required to fix by Amazon Music. And we have reported to them as well.
Please also contact Amazon Music if you have the same problem in order to get their attention for fixing this problem in sooner time.

Best regards

The trick finally worked. I downloaded a 88.2 k track, played It via the Onkyo player and suddenly the Amazon app works flawlessly.

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #6,903 of 9,288
The trick finally worked. I downloaded a 88.2 k track, played It via the Onkyo player and suddenly the Amazon app works flawlessly.

BUT

I now have tried to test the SPDIF and USB out of the FiiO M11 with the Amazon Music App. Independently of HD or Ultra HD the FiiO M11 and/or the Amazon Music app only puts out 48 kHz16 bit. Nothing else.
Qobuz does output exactly the file kHz but only in 16 Bit and only when it finally decides to work.
In comparison the FiiO App does output exactly the file kHz and correct bit.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #6,904 of 9,288
Hi All,

I picked up the Hifiman Ananda's this weekend and just wanted to say that the M11 drives them brilliantly out of balanced (single does not have enough power).
Really, stunning pairing - the fact that this little DAP has the grunt to deliver such a powerful, nuanced and spacious presentation on these cans is really impressive.
I'm in seventh heaven with this new setup - and I was pretty ecstatic before!

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #6,905 of 9,288
Hi All,

I picked up the Hifiman Ananda's this weekend and just wanted to say that the M11 drives them brilliantly out of balanced (single does not have enough power).
Really, stunning pairing - the fact that this little DAP has the grunt to deliver such a powerful, nuanced and spacious presentation on these cans is really impressive.
I'm in seventh heaven with this new setup - and I was pretty ecstatic before!

Hi, I also have the Hifiman Ananda and an FiiO M11. I agree that the unbalanced output does not do the trick.
I have a balanced cable but my balanced cable ends in 4 pin XLR. I have now ordered an adapter for the FiiO balanced 4 mm. Do you have any suggestion where to get a balanced cable for the Hifiman Ananda?

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #6,906 of 9,288
Oct 11, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #6,907 of 9,288
Anyone experiencing really bad battery drain during standby. I notice it happening if I leave my headphones plugged in but nothing playing in Pure Music Mode. Mine dropped about 10% per hour even though I was in Pure Music Mode.

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #6,908 of 9,288
Hi, I also have the Hifiman Ananda and an FiiO M11. I agree that the unbalanced output does not do the trick.
I have a balanced cable but my balanced cable ends in 4 pin XLR. I have now ordered an adapter for the FiiO balanced 4 mm. Do you have any suggestion where to get a balanced cable for the Hifiman Ananda?

Can't help out with a place to get it from - I got mine from a random custom cable maker on TaoBao. It's just copper, if I remember correctly - nothing fancy. I've noticed only improvements (bearing in mind I've changed to balanced from single through an amp which, while good, restricted some of the high frequency info from the M11) and no aspect of the sound is less desirable than single ended, through the amp, with the HiFiman cable.

The adapter that @JerryLeeds pointed you to might be the best option, rather than shelling out for a whole new cable.
The M11 balanced/Ananda pairing is stunning. Let us know what you think when you get it connected!

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #6,909 of 9,288
Anyone experiencing really bad battery drain during standby. I notice it happening if I leave my headphones plugged in but nothing playing in Pure Music Mode. Mine dropped about 10% per hour even though I was in Pure Music Mode.
Make sure your M11 is set to go into deep sleep mode, and that Wi-Fi is set to OFF in deep sleep mode. Also make sure no music is actually playing when you take off your headphones.

Oct 11, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #6,911 of 9,288

Bought a similar one via Amazon.co.uk
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WNR82WT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UndODbCZGRTA5
Still waiting for it to arrive.

Can't help out with a place to get it from - I got mine from a random custom cable maker on TaoBao. It's just copper, if I remember correctly - nothing fancy. I've noticed only improvements (bearing in mind I've changed to balanced from single through an amp which, while good, restricted some of the high frequency info from the M11) and no aspect of the sound is less desirable than single ended, through the amp, with the HiFiman cable.

The adapter that @JerryLeeds pointed you to might be the best option, rather than shelling out for a whole new cable.
The M11 balanced/Ananda pairing is stunning. Let us know what you think when you get it connected!

Thanks. Will do.

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #6,912 of 9,288
Oct 11, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #6,914 of 9,288
howcome my tidal detects 3 slots, 1 internal, 2 external. both externals are showing my slot 2 card,slot 1 missing. anybody else has this bug?

thanks

Same here, Tidal shows 2 cards, but both are the same card. Checked with downloaded content, and data for both is downloaded to sd2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back