[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Oct 11, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #6,917 of 9,288
Where is the setting for deep sleep mode? CheerS!
If I'm not mistaken the M11 automatically goes into deep sleep mode when idle, or when you press the power button to switch off the screen with nothing playing. I could be wrong. Go to your Wi-Fi settings and make sure Wi-Fi during sleep is set to 'Never'. The is a setting in General - Power settings - to set the M11 to sleep after a certain period. Not sure what that does but mine is set to 0.

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #6,918 of 9,288
Settings > General > Power-off timers:

Sleeps - force power off device after entered time
Idle power off - power off device after enetered time - when not used

Deep Sleep functionality is build into Android.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #6,919 of 9,288
Hi,

A question about ReplayGain on the M11, and do forgive me if it's been covered in this thread before, but I don't think so...

The "album" setting is not working on hi-res files for me - and yes, they are tagged. Is this a known issue with hi-res files and ReplayGain? Am I missing a setting on the device?

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #6,921 of 9,288
After a long time of analysis, currently,we think that this problem is caused by Amazon Music itself, but we will still follow that problem.
1. In Amazon music v16.2.4 version, a sampling rate less than 88.2k cannot be played , while v16.1.10 version can.
2. When playing sampling rate 48K in amazon music v16.2.4, the parameters are not set correctly, which lead to the crash of libOpenSLES library
W libOpenSLES: Leaving BufferQueue::Enqueue (SL_RESULT_PARAMETER_INVALID)
AmznMusic_DMPPlayer: [audiodriverimp.cpp :289] Failed to enqueue next frame, enqueue result code = 2
The final result is that the application has no data for the underlying playback. So the underlying mixer programme enters standby mode.

3. When the third-party app starts playback first (the sampling rate is higher than or equal to 88.2k), the underlying will use the previous parameter to set track if you turn on the Amazon Music app after that. And the Amazon Music app could work fine now.

Therefore, this issue with sampling rate less than 88.2k is required to fix by Amazon Music. And we have reported to them as well.
Please also contact Amazon Music if you have the same problem in order to get their attention for fixing this problem in sooner time.

Best regards
Didn't work for me.

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #6,922 of 9,288
@FiiO or anyone who may have had this issue and fixed it...

My M11 has gone MONO!

Any ideas how to fix it?

Mono, with the fiio player, with tidal, with cloudplayer, with poweramp, all mono!

The balance function works in the audio settings so it's not a cable or hp issue.

Please help!

In pure music mode, it's mono also.

PS... Testing further, it's NOT mono when used in DAC mode.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #6,923 of 9,288
Anybody get loud POPS from their music? I'm trying to do some fault isolation here.

When I stream Tidal from my M11 via bluetooth HD to a Blu-dento HD receiver, I sometimes get VERY LOUD POPS on my speakers.

I have not noticed this when using headphones on the M11, thank heavens.
So the question is which of the following might be the source of the problem:

1. The bluetooth transmission by the M11
2. The bluetooth receiption/DAC by the Bludento receiver
3. Whether the impurity comes from Tidal streaming, and it's just timing/coincidence I haven't heard it on my headphones (since I listen to my speakers far more often).

I have ruled out the amplifier because this has happened on two different amplifiers.
I have ruled out the speakers because it happens on both speakers at the same time.
I have not experienced this when using the FiiO app with local music, but I don't use it very often, most of my time is spent with Tidal.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? If it's Tidal, then more of you will have experienced it. If it's the Blu-dento receiver then perhaps I need to nag them.

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #6,924 of 9,288
does anyone have the Little Bear B4-X that can answer if it has more power than the M11? Looking into buying some planar Iem and Headphones and those needs power. TIA

Oct 12, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #6,925 of 9,288
E4CD18B3-D96C-45F5-9CC0-435C6769D0BE.jpeg

This is probably not ‘news’ to anyone who’s halfway familiar with the M11, but did you know it can double as a damn good, low noise, digital music streamer - with a touchscreen and remote control?

That’s right, with only Plex as the interface, I hooked up my M11 via digital coax to the digital input of an R-28 balanced amp/dac, and using my iPhone as a Plex remote control, proceeded to stream music from my Plex server to the R-28 via the M11.

Not only is this a much easier way to manage and control your music library, but since you’re streaming bitperfect files there’s zero quality loss. Moreover the M11 is a much quieter source than your PC, so expect a pitch black noise floor while you’re at it. And your PC is freed up to do other stuff.

You can also see exactly what’s streaming with one glance at the M11’s gorgeous screen. Try that with your Raspberry Pi, SOtM or Sonos next time!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #6,926 of 9,288

This is probably not ‘news’ to anyone who’s halfway familiar with the M11, but did you know it can double as a damn good, low noise, digital music streamer - with a touchscreen and remote control?

That’s right, with only Plex as the interface, I hooked up my M11 via digital coax to the digital input of an R-28 balanced amp/dac, and using my iPhone as a Plex remote control, proceeded to stream music from my Plex server to the R-28 via the M11.

Not only is this a much easier way to manage and control your music library, but since you’re streaming bitperfect files there’s zero quality loss. Moreover the M11 is a much quieter source than your PC, so expect a pitch black noise floor while you’re at it. And your PC is freed up to do other stuff.

You can also see exactly what’s streaming with one glance at the M11’s gorgeous screen. Try that with your Raspberry Pi, SOtM or Sonos next time!

Sound great. Can the M11 also act as a Roon Endpoint?

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #6,928 of 9,288
For those looking for a cool carry case for the M11/Pro, especially for traveling with IEMs and other accessories, I found this on Amazon (received today):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JBB2TCS/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ignore the fact that it’s marketed for a Wahl shaver. I did all my measurements in advance. Can you get more perfect?

Don’t go and spend $40 on a “hifi” case from DD that’s a tight fit (you can’t get a protective IEM case inside the DD, for example), when you can get this beautifully made, hard shell, soft lined case with a carry handle for the sun total of ~$10!

That's a very cool case and even better that it's affordable!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 13, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #6,929 of 9,288
Pure music mode will not do anything to help you with power settings. All pure music mode does is make the Fiio Music app essentially full screen, so that it takes all the focus. Android is still running around in the background like it does outside of pure music mode so if you have any apps that are draining the battery normally (or services such as wifi, bluetooth, etc) it will still continue to do so. I think a lot of people are confused that Pure music mode is something similar to iBasso's mango os or something similar, it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back